Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Rebooting....
Default Any Musicians Here?   #1  
Do you like singing or playing instruments?

If so, what kind of instrument do you play? What kind of music do you enjoy playing?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For me, I seem to be a collector of instruments. I own too many of them (if that's possible) and I'm learning how to play several of them. I'm also very self critical, so where I say I'm learning, others have said I'm pretty good (like with the guitar.) I think they are just being kind though.

The one instrument I can say I'm good with is the lap or mountain dulcimer. Been playing that a long time. I also have hammer dulcimers (2), a guitar, mandolin, ukelele, penny whistle, recorders, clarinet and a bodhran.

Been singing all my life and in choirs and madrigals and such. Last year I went to a music camp and learned harmony singing. It was great fun.

So what about the rest of you? I can't be the only person here who likes to play music.
Old Posted 04-17-2016, 09:48 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
I can play quite a few also XD
My favorite was bass clarinet.
So lets see here.... Clarinet, bass clarinet, alto sax, tenor sax, bassoon, some piano, xylaphone, and I've dabbled in trumpet and tuba.
My worst enemy is either the drums or the flute.

My husband sings baritone, tells me I would apparently be a 1st alto but I wasn't encouraged to use my voice as a kid/teen soooo =P He also plays guitar, but the problem is he doesn't know chords, he knows how to shred and play rifts.

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-18-2016, 01:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #3  
All those wind instruments. I'm impressed. I love the sound of the deeper wind instruments, but never had a chance to learn them.

Coursera.org will be offering a free course through the Berklee School of Music starting on April 25th - Introduction to the Guitar. I took the course during the last session. I didn't upload any of my music so I didn't get any feedback with that, but I learned a lot nonetheless. Your hubby might enjoy it.
Old Posted 04-18-2016, 09:54 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
I told him about it he was really interested!
I love the deeper sound it's extremely soothing to me.
I just wish I could afford to by myself the instruments to I can play again T.T
My tenor sax got stolen 4 years ago and all I have left is my clarinet (that I've had since 4th grade...)
Other then that the school let me borrow the instruments to play them for the band or I played with my friends instruments XD

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 04-18-2016, 09:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #5  
Please let me know what he thinks of it.

So sorry about your sax being stolen. That's really crappy. I bet you didn't have homeowners or renters insurance to cover it either.

(Makes a note to self to categorize my instruments and add them to the policy.)
Old Posted 04-18-2016, 10:28 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
No it was a gift from my parents they got for $100 at the pawn shop, but it was still worth it to me, and we weren't on the lease with our friends =(

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 04-18-2016, 07:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #7  
Wow. I didn't realize you could find instruments that inexpensive at pawn shops. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

Too bad the people you were staying with didn't have insurance to cover it. Hope you can find another one for really inexpensive sometime.
Old Posted 04-18-2016, 08:04 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
I want to but only after I have a safe place to store them XD

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 04-18-2016, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #9  
Ah yes. Safely stored instruments are much better. It would be heartbreaking to have your second one stolen.
Old Posted 04-18-2016, 08:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
I sing and I play the guitar.
Old Posted 04-21-2016, 07:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneKira View Post
I sing and I play the guitar.
Very cool.

What kind of music do you like to play CycloneKira?
Old Posted 04-21-2016, 10:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
I like to sing in the shower 'cause I'm bad, but i learned the Euphonium in middle/highschool and taught myself Piano ^-^. I'm not great at piano, but there are a couple songs that I know and a few I've come up with. Mostly I like to improvise XD.
I knock but have no hands
When eaten I am dust
I'm Reminiscent of a door nail
Nothing is more expensive than I
Yet I am free
What am I?

Made my own riddle, though its not too hard ^-^
Old Posted 05-03-2016, 04:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #13  
Impressive that you taught yourself piano. Plus Euphoniums aren't a typical band instrument. I bet it added a lot to the overall sound of your band.

Improvising is great fun. I make up songs all the time. Just wish I would write them down so I could remember the tunes. :P
Old Posted 05-03-2016, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Hey I sing terrible in the car at work so it's A-OK Prometheus!

Have Au and some Runes

Old Posted 05-04-2016, 01:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenKitty View Post
Impressive that you taught yourself piano. Plus Euphoniums aren't a typical band instrument. I bet it added a lot to the overall sound of your band.

Improvising is great fun. I make up songs all the time. Just wish I would write them down so I could remember the tunes. :P
When I say band, I mean as in music class in middle/highschool. There were a couple other euph players ^-^. An older friend of mine that I idolized back then played it, so I chose it as well lol. My senior year i got first alternate for all-state band though ^-^. As far as piano goes, the hardest thing I can play so far is ~half of solace by Scott Joplin. I've got one piece that i've "written" (its not written down, i just have the structure of the song memorized, about a fifth of it is set in stone and the rest is improvised over an arpegiated bassline) but it has a difficult sounding cadenza at the end XD.
I knock but have no hands
When eaten I am dust
I'm Reminiscent of a door nail
Nothing is more expensive than I
Yet I am free
What am I?

Made my own riddle, though its not too hard ^-^
Old Posted 05-04-2016, 05:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Congrats Prometheus. First alternate for all state band is quite an accomplishment.

Our high school band was small. We had one tuba, one trombone and a couple of cornets for our brass section. XD
Old Posted 05-04-2016, 11:45 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
musical instruments, musician, singing