Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #17  
Um... that's a good question; I'm talking about bumping too. Reviving a thread is perfectly OK as long as you have something relevant to add. Multi-posting to revive a thread is even permitted. And I already said that I'm going to add exceptions to the bump rule for the sections where that's the standard course of behavior. We're discussing the specific details of the exception in the staff right now.

The spirit of the rule APPLIES to the discussion sections. The exceptions are where that same line of thinking doesn't pan out. What we don't want to see is someone in Central Square begging for people to post in a thread nobody cares about.
Old Posted 04-03-2011, 01:22 AM  
Keyblade Master

Okay, as long as I'm not the only one confused here.
I did read your posts, I did. But for some reason, it didn't seem to add up and I got confused as to which we were talking about. x_o;

Alright, as long as it's fine to revive threads / multi-post in the RP forum as I've always been.

Hopefully this confusion is over with now, lol.

Old Posted 04-03-2011, 01:35 AM  
Notorious Pirate Captain
Default   #19  
-=What you're allergic to cats?...=-

thanks for the announcement... I will be sure to read...

-=It's alright, I'm allergic to you...=-

"Semper Liberi et Fidelis in Infinitum"

Crimson Regrets' Pirate Captain

Member since 07-28-2010

Old Posted 04-03-2011, 08:50 AM  
Mother Ship
Maybe I won't make a hangout after all now. v.v
Old Posted 04-03-2011, 01:22 PM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #21  
i have read it ^_^

now the heart of my sister is broken..coz she is only 11 years old.. glad i just turn 17 last january 30 wew
Old Posted 04-06-2011, 07:47 PM  
nostalgic
Thank you for these. :)
Old Posted 12-13-2011, 10:19 PM  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #23  
stupid question: what's a chargeback on Paypal?

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 12-13-2011, 10:23 PM  
Developer
Ah, that's not a stupid question at all, and I'm glad you asked.

When you're dealing with a payment processing center, such as PayPal or a credit card company, a "chargeback" is something that happens when the customer disputes a charge. The processing company will perform a chargeback against the seller -- that is, it makes a "charge" "back" to cancel the payment and force a refund. This usually comes with a hefty fee attached to it as a penalty for abusing the service, since a seller isn't supposed to be charging the buyer money for something that wasn't agreed upon.

Now, many times, a disgruntled customer will buy something, get the product, and then dispute the charge. The credit card company processes a chargeback, the customer gets the money back, and the customer KEEPS the product. The chargeback process is intended to handle payments that were never authorized in the first place (or to handle a vendor that's ignoring their own dispute policies) and disputing a charge that you did indeed authorize is illegal -- it's fraud.

Processing companies have an appeals process in place for a seller that's had a fraudulent chargeback made against them, but it's a lengthy process. The last time we had to deal with a chargeback through PayPal, it was... I believe it was over three months before we got our money back because PayPal had to do an investigation to show that the donator had actually authorized the payment and that we had actually delivered what we promised to deliver (which is to say, nothing; there's a reason that these are technically donations). During this time, we were down a LOT of money because someone had disputed something like $200 worth of runes, but we had already invested that donation in server costs and payments for artwork, so we lost $200 plus the chargeback fees out of Trisphee's bank account -- money that Trisphee didn't HAVE to lose. We had to put some of our own money into paying the server bills for the next month while we were waiting for the appeal. We did ultimately WIN the appeal and get our money back, but that was a rough period of time.

Trisphee will never charge your PayPal account unless you specifically ask us to do so, and money sent to us is a donation -- you're giving us a gift and you're not technically getting anything in return, so it's invalid to complain that we didn't deliver a promised product. (The runes are a courtesy, a form of thanks, and they're technically still property of Trisphee.) The staff is full of real live human beings and we're happy to work with you if something bad happens -- for example, if someone else uses your PayPal account to donate and you didn't give permission for it. We can and will deal with these kinds of problems personally, and doing so doesn't invoke any fees except for a small processing fee. So if someone were to complain to PayPal instead of working with us, we stand to lose a lot of money, so we're going to strip the offender's account of the runes and items (because they took their money back) and then ban them (because they cost us money by not following the rules).

I hope this wasn't too wall-of-texty!
Old Posted 12-13-2011, 11:10 PM  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #25  
Now I must find a simple definition to it since I'm slow on finance stuff oTL

I hope this simplifies it all: Chargeback

OBBIE'S twin sister
Last edited by Echo-chan713; 12-14-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old Posted 12-14-2011, 01:40 AM  
Developer
That article basically says the same thing as my first paragraph. *nods*
Old Posted 12-14-2011, 11:49 AM  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
That article basically says the same thing as my first paragraph. *nods*
ok, cause I was in confusion so I tried to find a simpler definition of it

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 12-14-2011, 03:16 PM  
Developer
Yeah, the short version for anyone tl;dr'ing through this thread: A chargeback is a forced refund done through the payment processor (PayPal in our case) without the seller's permission.
Old Posted 12-14-2011, 03:36 PM  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Default   #29  
Hard to think that my precious Trisphee has had Drama lately. I guess one of the benefits of not being on as much as I would like.
But aside from the trouble that causes you and the staff, I am sure the Mods aren't too thrilled about that either.

Thank you for updating the rules and I hope it makes things easier, I know how hard you guys work on this site. That's why it's awesome!
Old Posted 12-14-2011, 04:25 PM  
Developer
Oh, I wouldn't call this "recently". Notice the date in the topic -- this stuff happened back in March.
Old Posted 12-14-2011, 04:29 PM