Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #17  
Magic is way harder than chess. Chess is comparatively simple; despite the depth of its strategies, there aren't very many rules and those rules are straightforward, and both players always know everything there is to know about the state of the game.

However, the basics of MtG aren't too terribly bad. You can go a long way just knowing the basic flow and reading what's written on the cards. In a way, Magic is a little easier to get into than chess because the game itself guides you along the way instead of having to learn a whole lot of stuff before you can even get started.

Blue definitely does sound like you, Espy. And the blue-synergizing part of black also sounds like it'd fit you, although the whole of black maybe not so much. (Could be more than I realize though; I know there's a lot about you I DON'T know.)

Surprisingly, considering how I play in basically everything else, I tend to prefer green/white despite blue being more apt to my personality type.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-20-2019, 12:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Yeah, I’d probably never play black/anything else. I like... deep complex stratagems, stuff that’s high risk, high reward — high risk if somehow your opponent figures out what you’re doing, high reward if you can distract them from your main objective until you spring your trap.

...Tactical shit’s basically the only thing I’m actually pretty competitive in.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-20-2019, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Yeah, I’d probably never play black/anything else. I like... deep complex stratagems, stuff that’s high risk, high reward — high risk if somehow your opponent figures out what you’re doing, high reward if you can distract them from your main objective until you spring your trap.

...Tactical shit’s basically the only thing I’m actually pretty competitive in.
Sounds like a blue black zombie deck based on pulling combos from things that seem like you are putting yourself at a disadvantage sounds like your style, there are many different ways to pull this off and many different styles.

I once made a library that I called the forget myself deck (milling compared to the story is essentially like taking memories) where I self milled myself in return this actually made it easier for me to reverse the mil into others and wipe their libraries.

Mill- To cause a discard straight from your library to the discard pile.(grave yard, whatever you fancy yo call it)
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 11-22-2019, 08:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Has anyone else been watching SethBling's Mario: the Gathering stuff? He's making a 360-card cube entirely of Mario-themed cards, and it's been an interesting series so far.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-22-2019, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #21  
I did not expect white out of you for some reason, Coda. Green, maybe...
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-22-2019, 09:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Well, I don't know so much about modern white. I haven't played a whole lot since... um... Onslaught. >.> I was still semi-active around the release of Mirrodin but after I graduated from college I really didn't have a whole lot of exposure to the game anymore and there's a whole bunch that's changed. I have no idea if white still represents the play style now that it represented circa 1999.

But what I can say is that you wouldn't say it was a surprise if you had known me at that time in my life. I was strongly Lawful Good at that point, to the point that some of my friends had nicknamed me "Paladin." (Though they remarked that I was one of the most Good paladins they'd ever encountered, as opposed to the "smite anything that doesn't strictly comply" mindset of the stereotypical adventuring paladin.)

I consider myself Neutral Good nowadays, pursuing the belief that the law should exist in the service of freedom (that is, tyrannical laws are bad, but without law you can't fairly protect people's rights), and the pursuit of freedom should strive to respect the rule of law (that is, if the law isn't oppressive or evil, don't flaunt it just because you can). I pursue this belief with a conviction that would be worthy of Lawful status in its own right if it wasn't for the fact that I place such a high value on balance (neutral) and freedom (chaotic).

Old Posted 11-22-2019, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #23  
My friends keep poking fun at how obviously Dimir I’d be.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-23-2019, 01:49 AM Reply With Quote