Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

TWIGNIFICIENT PIXELATOR
Default   #33  
Meizicht, no angry response from me. You hit the nail on the head.
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
Kaguya - "The coder and the artists are full time collage students, and have jobs. Each of the mods have a job so the fact of school and work can't be used as an excuse I'm sorry, more so as this site has more staff than the user base requires (at least in the mod department)."

That's great for them, but at least for the pixelists (namely mon and I), we're going to college for design/art. Personally, I'm in the studio at least 4 nights a week working on assignments, and when I'm not I have classes to attend, other homework that needs doing, a house to clean, relationships to maintain, as well as hunting for a job to pay for my apartment. On top of all this, I've been dealing with pneumonia for the past two weeks.

That being said, there is a lack of pixelists on here to begin with. Mon is in school as well which keeps her just as busy as me, Moony had to resign, and Fen is very busy with work as well. I get that it sucks that we don't have that many update item-wise, believe me, I feel terrible that I can't personally do more. That's great that the other site you mentioned can do so much, but that's one example. Everyone's situation is different, and sometimes that means a delay, and all we can hope is that people still remain loyal to Tris and the community here.

That being said, it IS hard to find people that are wanting to take a pixelist job at the moment. I've been looking as well for someone to help out. Not many takers.
Not to mention that our primary coder is working two jobs.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Default   #35  
It's not unprecedented for an avatar site to have to take a break from releasing items for a bit due to issues. I know of a few who have had to. There simply isn't anybody to do the work right now, that's the bottom line. Not to the standards of our quality (this other website I'd be interested to know if they release items with as many poses/depth of poses/quality as this site.) If anyone knows of anybody who pixels or codes with copious amounts of free time, feel free to get them to come on board! It would be great and we'd welcome them with open arms. In the meanwhile, the forums still exist. Items have always felt like extra perks and not the point of the site, to me, but YMMV.

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
:I I dress up cause I get bored, I could care less about the items to be honest, I'd just like people to talk to, who aren't uppity or annoyed at me for not really feeling like going out and spending stupid amounts of money.

Yes, I really just said I just came here cause you guys are cool and don't pressure me to do things, and that'd the honest truth.

Lauv - o3o We're legit trying to get the items out though hun, it's just very tough with everyone being so busy, the site isn't going to shut down, it's just that we won't be releasing new DI's right now. There is a few new items in the shops though, they were put out a few days ago.

Old Posted 11-02-2013, 11:36 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #37  
i dont think anyone could get mad about that meiz, you have it perfectly<3
Old Posted 11-03-2013, 01:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
^That. It honestly makes me upset when people leave because there is a lack of storyline/item updates.

I'm here for the community. For the friends I've made and the friends I've yet to make. To have somewhere to go when I need to talk and to be here for someone when they need to. It's like getting mad at a free con for not having enough events or vendors for you. It's like ... you could try walking around and socializing? That's what it's there for. To hang out with people with similar interests.

Sorry if any of that sounded rude. I didn't mean for it to...

I do agree with you on this, ulti-baby. The community is great. I love it.

However...the friends that I met here, and still had contact with after they quit, had all told me that they do enjoy the site for the friends, but they were here originally for the shinies and funsies. (I know, I sound like a kid)

I held back my quitting mainly because, as what Meiz said, this place is like a sanctuary...I can go here, rant, complain, whine, and receive love from anyone AND won't get judged... AT ALL.
(yes, all caps and bolded for emphasis and a hint of red.)

... but I didn't intend for this thread to BLAST like this. C'mon people, I don't want any drama, I have had an infraction because I caused drama years ago. I didn't post this thread to blame staffers, I was merely asking why there's a delay. I'm curious. I do not even donate to the site to picket at it for not releasing items, so I don't have the right to complain about the items not being released.
>> I have this urge to help trisphee... sad thing is, I can't pixel, I can't code c++/java/html to save my life, I only draw with pencils on paper, my writing skill sucks goat-balls, and I wouldn't be able to moderate well because of poor judgment.

It's more like a feeling for me when I see the aurum items, posting like crazy, buying it... THEN talking to people WHY I like it and how many I bought.

@Nexxy: Yes, I know how much you guys are working your hardest for us. I really appreciate that.

I didn't ask for the items to be released right away after I asked, I was just curious. xD

I wanted to know each person's side on this, and also the staff's side on what's going on.

I am not someone special to be pleased.

Also, I think my question has been answered. Real life issues had been holding back the creators, and I completely understand that.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Last edited by Lauv Keiko; 11-03-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old Posted 11-03-2013, 09:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #39  
All I've got to say is that...

HYOOMANS, don't blow this OUT of proportion. Jeez, I was just asking "WHY" "WHEN"

I appreciate everyone sharing their opinion, but... I sense tension in the air.

is that really necessary?

^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^^V^V^V^V^V^V ^V^V^V^

Edit:

Let's be honest though, people. What's the reason why most people get into avatar sites?

1.) For the cool avatars
2.) For the amazing items
3.) Great community
4.) Entertainment

It just so happened that trisphee's Great community overpowered the rest and that's the reason people stay here.

But as for those who donate real money to the site (I know some of them, and most have already quit), it's an investment. They enjoy this way too much to actually be paying money.

It's like, I'd find a way to earn money to buy cigarettes...and I know that it's not healthy for me, but I feel okay and much better when I smoke.

If it were not for me having issues with donating, I would have donated long before. But issues are issues, I'm too damn stupid to deal with it with my bank.

Anyways, people go here to unwind, relax and all.
It's not cold-hearted and mean when people say, "I am here for the items," because, LET'S BE HONEST, they were HERE originally for the items.

When I first came here, I was like, "OMG. THE AVIS. OMG. PAPER DOLLS. DREAM COME TRUE." I fan-girl-ed over trisphee. When I realized how amazing the people were, I fan-gasmed. And now, the real reason why I am still here is because of that realization.

What also saddens me, is whenever I get here, I remembered that most of the people I actually talk to here have either quit, or are lurking about.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Last edited by Lauv Keiko; 11-03-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old Posted 11-03-2013, 11:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Cage
I meant it's cold for people, who have friends/made friends here, to say they are here just for the items and would leave if the items dropped in frequency/quality, instead of staying there for friends they've made or for the community. Maybe I'm just different from people, but to me it would kind of hurt a bit to have someone I've made friends with here suddenly go "eh this site sucks now, because of the items" and just leaves, while I'm thinking.. aren't we enough of a reason to stay/are we valued less than pixels? That's how I look at it.
Sorry.

I'm also sorry for helping to blow it out of proportion. I'm pretty sure I was the one who started it by leaving a large post about it, and I kept at it; I have a bad habit of speaking when I shouldn't. ^^;
Sorry again.
Old Posted 11-03-2013, 11:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #41  
I've been there, Meiz. I talked to one of my old friends here and asked why he didn't come back... he answered with, "Eh, nothing much going on. Items suck too." (that's what he really said)
and it hurt, a lot. It hurt a little less after because we did get to continue talking over skype.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 11-03-2013, 11:42 AM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Nah Lauv you're all right, it's a legitimate question, don't worry about it. I know the staff just wants to impress upon the users that we're not just sitting around doing nothing because we don't care anymore, we don't want that to be the impression. We care, definitely, we just hope everyone can bare with us.

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 11-03-2013, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Default   #43  
I'm attached to this site because of the community and nostalgia. I don't really care about items at this point because I keep the same avatar so I never need new items but I do understand the importance of new items. Even if everyone agreed that items aren't the reason that they come to this site and it was for community, there's still the fact that monthly items sold for Runes are what pay for the site's bills. :P

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 11-03-2013, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
... there's still the fact that monthly items sold for Runes are what pay for the site's bills. :P
This.
We all know it's what keeps everything on the internet alive.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 11-03-2013, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote