Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #17  
I didn't realize RC went down, too. I'm not sure on the status of Dream of Me; they got off to a VERY slow start, and now the website's different and I've either forgotten my password or gotten my account wiped. From a not-user perspective, there are no posts in the forums at all.

What bugged me about DofM was that the admin's name was Mouse. I don't know if it was the same Mouse as Terra.

I don't know WTF happened to Manahaven.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 11:00 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Wait, seriously? I didn't realize Crys was in danger of closing down. I wasn't even active there for very long, but oddly enough, it was the only site I had ever donated to. Oh well.

Also, I never even found out what happened to Manahaven! All I know is that one day I tried to go to the site and it just wasn't there. No notice or anything. But they are closed then? Permanently? Darn. I'm sorry about Royal Creed as well. They hardly even got their feet off the ground. Over the summer I was almost hired as a developer, so they couldn't have been doing too well. :P

Stuff like this always brings to my attention the horrifying realization that I have spent years of my life collecting pixels and they could all disappear at any time. >.>
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 11:33 AM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
Default   #19  
I just came from Crysandrea. It has a lot of potential to be big. It has a lot going for it. Especially the simplicity and customization aspect. The forums are moderately active and the people are friendly.
But no one outside Crysandrea knows about it unless they are lucky to know someone who plays Crysandrea that would say "Hey check out this website" Crysandrea should work on getting known. Have referral bonuses or advertise on facebook.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 12:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Oh, lots of people outside of Crys know about Crys. We just choose to not join or be active for reasons.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 12:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #21  
Yes, like Espy said and that's why I stop being active a long time ago on there or don't even go post at all anymore. I'm glad I made the right decision to stay with Trisphee, it is small but it is a really good site and the owner is someone I really trust with running Trisphee.

Long live Trisphee!

* Also who the new guy people are talking about? Isn't it still Pixeltweak aka tylor? If it is him, he isn't new at all he was the first owner of Crysandrea and then he gave it to tea and then tea gave it back to him.

When they make the new site...do you think it's really going to last or are they going to pull up the same tricks? I wouldn't trust joining and working hard again when you never know if this is going to happen again .
Last edited by Panda; 03-01-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 01:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
I'm honestly in no way surprised that Crys is in trouble. They've been in trouble for a while now. However, the measures they've been taking to keep the site alive have been somewhat akin to putting a bandage on a zombie bite. The infection is spreading. They're becoming more grotesque and unfriendly by the day, and there's no cure except to kill it off and start with a fresh subject.

I was active on Crys for a while a little over a year ago, but I kept returning to Tris because of the sense of community I feel here. I was never really welcomed on Crys the way I was here. Even just last month I tried making some friends in the yaoi hangout over there, thinking I would get along with my fellow fujoshi, but they spurned me and pushed me away the moment I mentioned a fandom they didn't like. If that's the kind of attitude I'm going to get when I try to reach out to the userbase over there, I say let them rot. Let them rot, and then shoot them in the face.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 01:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #23  
Yeah according to Facebook and some of the site members RC is closing for good, though a lot of the development team came together to start on another site. It apparently closed down several times and was experiencing a change in ownership that didn't get completed. Some of the people that are on there though probably could explain it better.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 02:16 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Wow, for serious?

I know every single mod/admin on that forum. I wonder what the heck happened?

In any case, I'm glad I wasn't severely attached to my items over there.
Else this news would have pissed me off right quick.
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 02:29 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #25  
manahaven was also owned by pixeltweak and when it got too glitchy he put it on hiatus then just killed it to 'revamp' it later
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 02:46 PM Reply With Quote  
From what I understand, it was mostly a financial thing.

They were struggling to make ends meet, and Tea/PixelTweak had been paying for the site out of their own pockets for months. They couldn't afford the servers or paychecks for the pixelists/artists/admins/coders. People really only donated for the TYIs (Donation Items) and those had barely been coming out because they have, I believe, all of three people on their artist/pixel team at the moment who, again, they can't afford to pay.

There's also been the issue of the site not growing as a community. Their userbase has been dwindling down into oblivion for some time thanks to all the glitches the site has. I know a lot of users have also been quitting because of the lack of TYIs, which I addressed previously.

Crys also has always had the problem of the rich user/poor user divide. On Crys, you would be lucky to get 5g from a regular post. From my understanding, the only ways to make serious bank over there are selling off TYIs, drawing art, or role-playing.

The existing userbase, or at least what I've experienced of it, isn't all that welcoming either. Sure, you might get a "Hey, welcome (back) to the site!" or something like that, but no invitations to join any discussions, no pointers, pretty much nothing more than that. Then, when you try to join in on a conversation, they tend to marginalize you and ignore your very existence, pushing you aside and beating you down mentally for butting on on their conversations. One wrong word and you're nothing more than a blemish on the thread in which you've posted. It just absolutely makes me sick.

Oh, I'm sorry, did that sound a bit angry and vindictive? Wait, no, I'm not sorry. That's exactly how it was supposed to sound. There were two or three places there where I'd posted on a fairly regular basis, but then the owners of those threads went on hiatus around the same time and I'd felt very displaced. I wasn't being welcomed in any other circles, being made to feel like the redheaded stepchild. Well, this redhead has been ready to go axe crazy on them for a good long time now. Thanks to this self-destructive implementation, though, I don't have to! They're killing themselves off all on their own!

Please excuse me while I go into a fit of maniacal laughter in the corner.

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 02:58 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #27  
LMAO. Reyoki, I love you!

I returned a few times for the events, when certain friends had asked me to come post with them. But for the most part, I was ignored, and subjected to lude and crude topics, most of which I would rather have been stabbed in the face, than take part in.

I'm just.. I don't know. Do they really expect people to come back after ANOTHER revamp? This one, wiping the ENTIRE site, and making EVERYONE start from scratch again? I had a serious issue with their gold earning system too, though. And most of the TYI's didn't peak my interest.

Not only that, but.. I don't know. I feel BAD for them, but at the same time, it was due to happen?
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:07 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
-munches on chips- No worries dudes, if it came down to it we'd figure out a way for Tris to keep going, mostly just for you guys, cause your the reason it's still hoppin' yo.

:I And Coders and artists are expensive unless you can work out a good deal with everyone. I don't know what they were paying for everyone but everyone on staff here is really kind and has helped Tris alot because they genuinely like the site.

(Or their like Coda, who is just chained to it lolololol)

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #29  
I love you, too, Batty. XD I know I can get terribly amusing when I get angry. I can also get very poetic! You should see some of my rants about other things.

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:11 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i dont know how that paycheck thing happened, it used to be volunteer for everything but coders and mods and even then mods got pain next to nothing

but yeah, that is why i left crys the second time because there was noone to talk to and trying for conversations was like picking scabs
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:12 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #31  
That is just the sexiest way you could have described that Choco <3

And I'm betting they were probably trying to up their image and started to try and pay everyone, which is why they crashed so hard.

Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Coda is chained but they have a good system here with that from my understanding Artists get paid in their pixels on site..... so a lot less mess of handing out money.
Old Posted 03-01-2013, 03:14 PM Reply With Quote