Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #49  
O.O
She LIIIIIVES! QcQ

I missed you Daiko! <x] it's been a craaaaazy year! I don't blame you being away so long! 8[ Honestly, college has been a struggle and work is starting to get there. It's the holiday season after all. ;u; Worst season for meager retail grunts like me. RIP retail and grocery stores rn. >.> I'm keeping safe and distant, but with as many people coming in as I saw today, it's only a matter of time vefore SOMEbody gets sick. I can't afford that. <:( I got prone folks at home that can't hack even a cold. I just hope if things get too crazy, state and county mandates will at best shut down businesses to be online only and I'll be out of a job. ;u; But alive. If not, hopefully we limit the people coming in, or do online orders only. -u- I wouldn't mind that.

Oh! :o Yes my semester is ending too. <x/ Got crazy boring finals I guess before then, but I guess I have not meeting every week on zoom to look forward to. <x)
:D I forgot I wrote tha thing and sent it to you! I dunno if you got a chance to read it yet. <x) I wrote it out of both boredom and interest. >u< Just to test my skillz.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 11-09-2020, 02:25 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
I missed you tooo! >.< I honestly didn't think the Covid situation would last this long, cause it was just hard to imagine. Feels like I've been stuck in a time rut, like running as hard as I could just to stay in the same place. (yay for an alice in wonderland reference i love alice in wonderland) but the pace of your life sounds as crazy and exhausting if not more so TT take care of yourself! I hope they do switch to online orders only to minimise risks. Goodness knows it's high time they do that. We've all been eyeing the US with horror from all over the world- we're not doing too great ourselves but at least we're not business as usual, yknow? That just doesn't work, safety-wise.
I can't believe holiday season is also going to go just as usual over there but it's the U.S., so.... *trails off delicately* I didn't hear any crackers for Diwali and we got ONE little huddle of kids visit the doorstep for Halloween so that should tell you about how holidays are being handled here. Like you said it's only a matter of time before somebody gets sick and unfortunately it's a group effort to stay safe; taking precautions as an individual is necessary but only gets you so far. I really hope your business figures something out, like online only, or just shuts. The latter is not ideal but it's better than being unsafe.
I'm going to save your story to read after finishing my last paper, as a reward or treat to myself. I was pretty excited about it from what you told me of it so this is actually a good way to motivate myself!
Good luck for your finals too! Sounds dreary. But hey, we'll get these over with. And that'll be such a relief!

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-10-2020, 09:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #51  
:T
I'm actually aiming to visit New Zealand or Australia within the next year or so. Hopefully planes will be able to go there from where I am. <:/ And hopefully the governments will allow me to go there...I hope to actually live there. I'm a Cali native, and I was raised around the beach, the sun and smiles. <:c I really miss the smiles the most. As of recently, there's been few smiles and good feels in Cali, and I noticed they migrated across the pacific somewhere. <x)
Kinda hoping to quit my job and find one new overseas, but it's a big longshot, unless I have a career or skilled work in mind. <:( Of which I have neither...
Might try different things to help get me there. ^-^ I really don't want to die in the same old place like the majority of Americans. <:/ Even young 20-something year olds like me. I just wish it were as easy as getting up and going, but it's not. <:(

This year has been one big OOF. All my hopes are dead and my pessimism is more on point than Robin Hood with a bow and arrow. ;u; Like the moment after leaving an abusive relationship, I've come to expect the absolute worst from everyone before even expecting anything remotely positive. I wouldn't be surprised to hear, "Yes, you can come to New Zealand, as long as you have purchased a Visa, hand over your personal medical records, your employer approval, your tax return documents, your vehicle history, your university transcripts and GPA file, your left arm, your firstborn, and finally an 800 dollar fee."
And I would be like, ;u; "Okay. I'll come back in 3 years if I'm alive."

Uni work is really REALLY tedious and I wish I wasn't so easily put off by it, and just got it DONE for once. <X') I have terminal procrastination, and sometimes I just can't do anything unless it's last minute. But I'm trying my hardest. <:/ Despite Lit classes being some of my favorites, it really depends on the workload and the professor. I can get away with A LOT in online classes, and I don't care to punish myself for my atrocious misdeeds. <X) Such as reading books for free online, not getting the book at all, open book notes for a closed book test, making up chapter/novel responses when I haven't even read it all, the list goes on. <8/ But I'm not a cheater. I haven't cheated on tests or projects/papers since 10th grade in High School. But sometimes for the sake of passing a class, I consider it. <X/ But I haven't ever!

<:D Hey, that's good though, thanks for that! I'm glad my little romance short story thing could serve as motivation! ^-^ Sometimes I read it over when I want to feel happy for something other than food and online dragons on Flight Rising. (I honestly could have made it SO much spicier, but I liked the subtler tone better. >u>;) -u- It will be such a relief once classes end. Then I can focus on Christmas projects, keeping warm with soup and tea, :) and trying not to lose my mind at work. <XD Hahaha! But hopefully things get a little better with better leadership. <:] Who knows? I'm just going to go about things still as if they were about to get much worse tho. With caution and consideration. -u- <3

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 11-12-2020, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
I would love to live outside of my country for a while, too; even if just for a couple of years. My sights are set within Asia; Thailand maybe, or South Korea. Sun and smiles sound sounds wistful af TT Shakira wrote a song about longing for the beach... what was it again? Anyway, I hope we both get to live our dream destinations! Some cautious optimism is in order!

I'm a terrible procrastinator too, but I find that motivating myself with rewards does help. Like your story for example. Or even just the chance to relax and read some manhwa or watch kpop. I tell myself 'you can't relax until you finish x amount' and make myself stick to it. But it's hard. Oftentimes I do give up because there's not much to motivate oneself under Covid regarding actual outcomes, you know; like what does my assignment have to do with anything?! But. We must persevere. And I think as long as you've integrity, effort doesn't matter. Put in as much effort as you can spare but don't push yourself too hard; after all you're working and attending school at the same time.

I suppose steeling yourself for the worst means whatever will come will be a relief to you, but that's still sad TT

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-14-2020, 01:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #53  
<:/ It is sad. Though it does help to keep me from over-worrying to the point of anxious dread.

I should really be getting back to Trisphee and to doing my homework honestly. <X')
I've had a little hiatus from Trisphee and well, from most other things. Not because of anything bad either, <:/ I've just been avoiding a lot lately and neglecting a lot. Usually if I avoid too much I get left behind or face the consequences, and it tends to send me into a depressive spiral, of which I struggle to get back up out of again. <x(
Then I have to deal with actual life, where I work and attempt to keep myself healthy. Yikes! xD
Usually I don't like to drag anybody into my sad nonsense, cause it just ends up bumming everyone out. <BT Including me.

I really should be doing some homework.
However, I have been messing around on Flight Rising more than Trisphee, and been finding some practice RPing and coming up with character lore for my dragons.
But really I should be doing my homework.
<X) And I found out how Reddit works so I end up killing some time on there, looking at memes, posting opinions, reminiscing, helping others feel understood as well as relating to others.
But I still have some homework I should really get to.
I'm also writing just a little self-inserted story for myself of my OTP. Well, one of them. <X) It's about 60 pages long so far. I've been going back and forth in returning to it and neglecting it for months and months at a time this year.
uhm...I-..homework?
I am busy with so much I feel like I'm busy with nothing at all! <XD
Though I still try to get it all done. And yesterday I just finished decorating a wooden advent calendar in the shape of a christmas tree. I plan to put little candies and things in the boxes for my family to take for the month of December. :)
It's thanksgiving today in America, so we are going to be eating well for the next few days. 8/ Also, we're staying inside, so as to not help the virus out any more than the rest of the country seems to be doing.
Hopefully I will be done with all my school woes by the end of the first week of December, and I will be free to relax, and maybe RP! -U- Well, when I'm not sucked away to be at work. e_e Worrrrrrk, grrrrr.
At least finally I have money though to maybe order some presents and things for my family online. :) Yay.

Though I hope it's going well where you are too. You sound like you're on top of your studies, though I hope a break is in order every now and then. <:] Don't work yourself too hard my friend! And yes, there's always my surprise short romance tale once you're through to read I guess. ^-^;
I'll probably be back on Trisphee soon. <:) I'm usually lurking without logging in much tho. I should really come back. <:/ I bet everybody misses me...

Old Posted 11-26-2020, 03:55 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Then I'll take the liberty to say please come back to Trisphee! I don't want you to spiral and it sounds like Trisphee does you good, and I KNOW you're missed here.

I feel that. When everything piles up it's the scariest thing just to START on something, as though pulling something out of the pile will make the whole pile come crashing down

I've started on my final MA thesis and it's a creative thesis- so it's going to be a long fiction work. So I'm getting practice writing too! Although my guide intimidates me haha.

I hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving with family time and lots of good food! I'm happy that you said you'll be back on Trisphee soon! Trisphee will help you relax and I don't think sharing what you're going through will drag others down with you; I think at least I would like to know when you don't feel okay- and as always, take care of yourself

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 12-03-2020, 10:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #55  
;U;
Thanks Daiko.

Ahh, thesis papers are fun. <x'} Except for when they get frustrating and complicated and droll on and on and on...and on. <x'D I had to turn in a 5 page argumentive paper on a book I had to read. I'm happy to say it was an A paper, :D though it was a challenge for me to write around 5 pages. <8( My problem is that I OVER-write, and tend to have long papers, so trying to cut my argument down to 5 pages felt incomplete and like I wasn't including enough to make my point. X'D Also reading through pages and pages of my 5 sources and highlighting the parts I need was fun. I would have liked just doing that and just copying and pasting that, but of course, I have to include my own opinions. x')
Whewh, that took 3 whole days, but I got it done at least. <8)

I think I will hang around here again. :) I miss Trisphee. Also I entered the avi contest again after breaking my year's streak! <x') Hehe!

Old Posted 12-03-2020, 01:59 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
I saw your entry for the avi contest and I think I finally know how to word what I've been thinking for a while: your avatars are all so Mers and so cool, they're like a similar species in a kind of alternate universe or universes that are all somehow connected... like your avis tell stories. It's really cool

I have the opposite problem: trying to reach word counts in academic papers. I hate academic writing in general. If I think of an argument that I can summarise in the intro or conclusion, I don't know what to do for the rest of the paper. It's like the words are being wrung out of me. Sometimes it's really difficult even to think of an argument, like if the topic I've been assigned doesn't have much previous research done on it.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 12-08-2020, 01:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #57  
Aww, thank you for observing that Daiko! :D I'm glad you think it's cool. xD I do that with most all my Avis, so they're consistent and true to my own lore I guess.
:D I did change my siggy to sorta reflect it I suppose. ^U^ I try to be expressive as much as possible since I am myself very expressive. :]
Merskelly is like a intergalactic and magical character with animated elements of horror, sci-fi, fantasy and comedy, since they're a mesh of my favorite genres. Merskelly herself is a mesh of parts, mechanical and cadaverous mer-alien.
<:) She also kinda reflects myself in being a creature unable to relate to just one group. Merskelly can be a bit robotic and logical, but also relate to mermagic and swimmy charm, while being so odd she might be an alien from another planet. The death comes from my own recovery from my darkest and lowest point, which in itself mourned the loss of many personal qualities.

She can also alter limbs, dethatch them as well as her head, change into a more charming male appearance, and even go totally robotic or remove legs and reflect mermaid royalty. ^_^ Quite literally a "fish out of water" and having a "good head on the shoulders" which is how I often feel most of the time.

Hope you don't mind me sharing a bit of lore-ish background, with your curiosity. ^-^

Ah, I remember having that problem too at first. x') I typically have that problem if the limit is way too high, like a 10 page paper instead of 5! 8) I'd be like, "I said my piece, I have said the same sentence three other ways...aaahhhh, what do I type to make it only 3 pages longer!?" O_O;
Unfortunately, I find myself straining to find more evidence to lengthen my position so I don't have to write any more, or I completely give up and just write up to the minimum. x') Also APA formats are the worst and I never want to do another one again lol! I've avoided them so far for a few years, but oh man was it a pain. ;u; Made me appreciate MLA format more.

Old Posted 12-08-2020, 01:41 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
That's so amazing I love that you express yourself in so many forms, with writing, art and avatars. You're such a creative person and you inspire me. *hugs* I love your avatar entry for this month's contest too, I named her 'steampunk lava girl' for some reason :D

Also I think the contradictions make total sense because every person is a bundle of contradictions and it's so cool that your self-expression is also a self-awareness tool, like you explore yourself, understand yourself more and accept what you find- maybe I'm projecting here, but creativity and self-love can tie together well and it seems to me that you do tie them together.

I really enjoy it whenever you describe your creative activities so you don't have to ask! Also don't stop lol

My college is switching to MLA for our last semester! Random change but a welcome one ahaha.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 01-29-2021, 12:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #59  
Awwh, gosh. ^^; It's so nice to hear that from you Daiko. (I hardly ever think of myself as an inspiration...you made my night.)

Oh, my Red Leather Yellow Leather? :D Thanks! I like steampunk lava too! ^-^

I do?? <:. I mean, I do. :] I suppose. Yes. ^-^; Though I'm not the best at loving myself, I can see how making Merskelly is a sort of homage to myself in a way. <:) Thank you Daiko. I try to keep an open mind and practice my self-awareness as much as I practice my critical thinking.

Most of my creative activities I keep under wraps, unless I can't help myself and I accidentally post it on here in the Trisphee Photo Album, where I like sharing pics of stuff I made. ^U^; Sometimes a selfie or two.

I'm not likely to stop just yet. On here, it's not social media. I don't care too much about garnishing attention on my creative activities in likes or upvotes or circulated around in an endless loop being reposted over and over. <:] I'm happy just showing it up on here, where there's no pressure and I can just place it up for any one of my buddies on here!
(Speaking of which, that emote icon... O.O could it be you're reading my little short fluff story? :D)

Awww yeaaa! <XD No more stinky APA! A welcome change indeed!

Old Posted 02-02-2021, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote