Default   #49  
australia it is!

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 08-20-2018, 04:15 PM  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
The pink lake and golfing confirms my decision, and I will also go to Australia.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-20-2018, 05:51 PM  
Jellosexual
Default   #51  
Let's go to Australia then
Old Posted 08-20-2018, 07:05 PM  
Writer
Witchchylde, bluebird, Den and mdom are fairly certain to find the next clue in Australia. As their plane flies over some small islands in the archipelago, they already see the lake with its strange pink water. They're told swimming in Lake Hillier is not allowed, because the island is under conservation. But Australia has a lot of beaches, and since 1907 it's legal to swim there in the daytime.

Alas, before the detectives can relax at the beach, they need to snoop around once more. They find something which they first think is a duster, but upon closer inspection they discover it's in fact a tail that can be attached to the bumper of a car.

They also encounter a beach vendor who tries to sell them t-shirts. The shirt he waves in front of them shows a sheep on the beach. "Nice shirt! Very comfortable! Make you special price today! Look! From popular TV show. Shirt popular too. Lady in red bought one few hours ago." Of course the detectives try to get more information about the lady in red, but apparently the vendor rather wants to talk about the TV show. "Judges decide on best ram. My cousin has good ram. Going to participate next season." Geez. Well, I guess it must be really popular somewhere.

Several children are collecting seashells on the beach. "We want to build an island", they explain. "Would you like to contribute some shells? The red woman said she's travelling to a place where the locals made islands from seashells. If we make one too, everyone will travel to ours instead." A five-year-old gives a serious nod. "They copied our pink lake, so we copy their seashells." Copy. The. Lake. Did someone throw a ton of food dye into the water to attract tourists - or could there be another pink lake?
Old Posted 08-21-2018, 06:42 AM  
Jellosexual
Default   #53  
ok NOW it's Senegal xD
Old Posted 08-21-2018, 07:58 AM  
Rebooting....
That seems right, I will set off for Senegal.
Old Posted 08-21-2018, 02:14 PM  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #55  
Derpy sits in a cafe, enjoying a plate of cookies and a large latte, when he recieves a message containing the next clues. He's a little sad to have missed out on Australia, but without coffee soon, the other agents would have been in tantrum city. After examining the clues thoroughly, he thrusts a cookie into the air, declaring, "to Senegal!"
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Last edited by Derpy McBlueEyes; 08-21-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old Posted 08-21-2018, 03:34 PM  
A*DIC*TED
To Senegal!

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 08-21-2018, 08:21 PM  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #57  
to Senegal, then! *did buy a sheep shirt*

Quote:
Old Posted 08-21-2018, 10:16 PM  
The Magic Number
The detectives board the plane to Senegal together. During the flight, one of the stewardesses smiles at Den's shirt. At first no one thinks anything about it, but a mere five minutes later Den is offered a free upgrade to first class. Lucky!

After a wild taxi chase that sends half of them praying to whatever deity they believe in, they manage to catch the thief and arrest her. With the satisfaction of a job well done they set out to explore Senegal. After all there won't be a return flight the same day anyway, and everyone deserves a break every now and then.

That is when they receive an urgent message.

Apparently the Leaning Tower of Pisa has been stolen. What's up with thieves these days? Can't they steal something a bit... smaller? Like maybe a sixpack of soda in the local supermarket, where the police could arrest them on the spot? Chasing after yet another criminal mastermind will certainly mean a trip through several countries again.

Returning from Senegal - once again everyone wearing a sheep shirt is offered free upgrade on the flight - the detectives search for clues.

They find an adult size zebra costume next to a book about road safety. Someone (the thief?) has read the book earlier, as there is still a bookmark inside. Upon closer inspection, said bookmark turns out to be a postcard: "Greetings from world's sweetest city and saltiest hotel!" Upon other images the card also shows a cartoon drawing of dinosaurs walking on a vertical wall.
Death's mule librarian. The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little while longer.
Old Posted 08-23-2018, 07:14 AM  
Rebooting....
Default   #59  
Hm. Well I know there's a place in California where there's an actual herd of wild zebra visible from the highway... but then there's this vertical wall with dinosaur tracks in Bolivia...
Old Posted 08-23-2018, 10:51 AM  
We're all mad here.
Quiet finally catches up with the group, wearing a China t-shirt and with a new sheep. (Not sure where it came from.)

Salty hotel, hmm? Apparently Bolivia has one.

EDIT: Seems they have a pink-ish lake as well. Bolivia?
Old Posted 08-23-2018, 04:56 PM  
Rebooting....
Default   #61  
You know, that's three things now with Bolivia in common. I'm feeling good about heading to Bolivia!
Old Posted 08-23-2018, 07:31 PM  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
To Bolivia! :D

Quote:
Old Posted 08-23-2018, 08:18 PM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #63  
Bolivia it is

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 08-23-2018, 08:40 PM  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Derpy thinks carefully, then decides to join the others on the plane to Bolivia
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 08-23-2018, 08:45 PM