Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #33  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBon View Post
User: MonBon
Square: B14

I'm siding with you espy
Ha, good, if we can figure this side out, then we’ll know which configuration is correct for the other side.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-25-2018, 05:10 AM  
I see you
Old Posted 12-25-2018, 12:10 PM  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #35  
Tuskiko and Star2000Shadow are Incorrect. All other guesses are correct.

Espy C13 has already been guessed.

And I dont like the tone. As I have to "Correct" solution because I made the puzzle if there are other ways to do it they will still not line up with the original picture and there for are not an actual solution. I have made these harder this go round to give more work and chance to the game.

Updated Image

Old Posted 12-25-2018, 06:14 PM  
Don't Go Into The Light
Ready to give it another go...

User: Biomecha
Square number: L6
Old Posted 12-25-2018, 06:39 PM  
More More More Magic
Default   #37  
User: MonBon
Square number: O13 please ^^
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 12-25-2018, 10:02 PM  
Icy Footed
User: Merskelly Metalien
Square Number: H1

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-26-2018, 03:34 AM  
Wanderer
Default   #39  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiva View Post
And I dont like the tone. As I have to "Correct" solution because I made the puzzle if there are other ways to do it they will still not line up with the original picture and there for are not an actual solution. I have made these harder this go round to give more work and chance to the game.
We both know there are at least two possible solutions. With what other words am I supposed to convey the concept of the solution you want? Because *those* words imply the solution is subjective.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-26-2018, 04:00 AM  
Writer
The solution is subjective.

Basically it goes like this: Tiva creates a pixel image that may or may not resemble a picture (depending on how creatively your brain can interpret it right now - for example I recognized Cthulu Cutie at What's in the Net yet failed to see a pet in some other puzzles even after Tiva told us the item it was meant to be).

By using the hints (or simply guessing squares, if you rather favor luck games over logic) you then figure out the aforemented pixel picture. It is indeed possible the numbers allow for more than one single way to fill the grid, but only one of them is identical to the image. Tiva could have decided to draw it differently back when she made the puzzle. The main task during the game however is to unravel all clues and restore that picture in the exact way she drew it.

Sometimes it helps to look at the almost filled grid knowing the solution is a picture, and the most likely placement leaps out at you. Then again at other times all you see is a completely random mess of black squares. In such cases I recommend to guess those uncertain squares first and use that knowledge to identify which of the possible options mirrors Tiva's pic.
Old Posted 12-26-2018, 06:57 AM  
Jellosexual
Default   #41  
User: mdom
Square number: G4
Old Posted 12-26-2018, 09:38 AM  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors View Post
In such cases I recommend to guess those uncertain squares first and use that knowledge to identify which of the possible options mirrors Tiva's pic.
Which is what I'm doing...? You've finished the entire puzzle, so you also know there are at least two areas where the squares are interchangeable. All I'm doing is just ascertaining *which* squares are the correct ones for this puzzle. I'm not sure where my tone went wrong.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-26-2018, 02:32 PM  
Writer
Default   #43  
Let's leave it at that then?

Tiva, Espy, the underlying frustration on both sides probably stems from a mere misunderstanding. I think we can all agree there is more than one technical solution, and only one version which reconstructs the image Tiva drew. No need to battle over the exact definition of "possible" or "correct".

Unless both of you really want to. In which case I'm grabbing popcorn, selling poorly made fan merch and taking bets on the survivor.
Old Posted 12-26-2018, 05:57 PM  
Wanderer
Tiva's scary. I'm not fighting her.

...Though if you had popcorn, why didn't you gosh darn say so in the first place :|
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-26-2018, 06:24 PM  
Writer
Default   #45  
*shares popcorn with Espy*
Old Posted 12-26-2018, 06:29 PM  
More More More Magic
too lazy to check if this has been guessed yet
User: monBon
square: D12
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff