Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

"Where to, Miss? To the Stars."
Talking Food Aficionados Unite ツ   #1  
Come one, come all!

Welcome to...

Hey guys, it's Starry Night here! It's my second day on Trisphee and I've been browsing this forum and thought I'd take a knack it. I haven't seen a hang out thread specifically made about food, so here it is!

Come and hang out for a while, talk about your favorite foods, cravings, and maybe even recipes. I'm dying to know. Seriously. I LOVE food. Who doesn't?

Carnivores, omnivores, herbivores, vegetarians, and vegans are all welcome!

Right now, I could go for a bacon cheeseburger, pasta, sushi, or garlic fries. Maybe all of it. Now, I'm super hungry...

I'm actually suppose to lose quite a bit of weight for Air Force Boot Camp, so let me just pretend I'm eating all of that instead of actually eating it.

If you like this thread, please rate it!

*drools*
Last edited by Starry Night; 02-08-2017 at 04:58 AM.
Old Posted 02-08-2017, 03:58 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Food! Cool.

My dad and a few relatives are foodies and I am trying my hand at cooking now. I'm a big meat person. I love checking out new meats! And pies. Meat pies. ;)

I currently have some ground turkey in the freezer that I'm going to try mixing with some cream of mushroom soup to make a goo of some sort.
Old Posted 02-08-2017, 04:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Default   #3  
I love indulging on things I know I shouldn't be but I can't help it! I love snacking! My favorite snack right now are chocorooms which I'm currently craving *drools* May I ask, sweet vs savory?
Old Posted 02-08-2017, 04:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Food! Cool.

My dad and a few relatives are foodies and I am trying my hand at cooking now. I'm a big meat person. I love checking out new meats! And pies. Meat pies. ;)

I currently have some ground turkey in the freezer that I'm going to try mixing with some cream of mushroom soup to make a goo of some sort.
I'm a big fan of meat pies as well. I have a local bakery nearby that makes the BEST chicken pies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe
I love indulging on things I know I shouldn't be but I can't help it! I love snacking! My favorite snack right now are chocorooms which I'm currently craving *drools* May I ask, sweet vs savory?
Chocorooms are awesome. But, savory. ^_^
Last edited by Starry Night; 02-08-2017 at 05:06 AM.
Old Posted 02-08-2017, 05:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #5  
Is this a place where we should swap recipes?! Cause I'm down

Old Posted 02-08-2017, 11:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Recipe swaps are the best!

That reminds me, I really want to make muffins soon. And maybe some bread, too if I can get my kitchen cleaned up so I have the counter space.
Old Posted 02-08-2017, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #7  
One of the earlier realizations I had doing this adult thing, was that food is worth spending money on.

Sure, we all would rather buy that game, or that movie, or get something fun, but having food you actually enjoy eating in your house instead of just stuff to keep you fed is a totally worthy expense! If I have to pick between going out to a fancy restaurant or getting a game I want, I will seriously consider the restaurant.
Old Posted 02-08-2017, 09:04 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i'd be game for recipes too XD

i am n love with the concept of food even though i find actually eating food to be a bit of a trial XD
Old Posted 02-08-2017, 10:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Wink Baked Mac 'n Cheese with Goldfish Crackers   #9  
Okay guys, I have an awesome recipe for mac 'n cheese. Not just any ordinary mac 'n cheese though, this one is baked and topped with delicious goldfish crackers. Sounds odd, but it's actually really good and it's quite simple to make unlike those recipes that use a billion ingredients like eggs (why?), thyme, or ground mustard. We don't need that.

2 Cups Elbow Macaroni, Uncooked
3/4 lb. (12 oz.) Velveeta, Cut Into 1/2-Inch Cubes
1/3 Cup Milk
1/8 Tsp. Pepper
Half Bag Of Goldfish Crackers
1/2 Stick Butter

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package; drain well. Return to pan.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook on low heat until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
4. Pour mac 'n cheese into a casserole dish.
5. In a small bowl combine: crushed Goldfish crackers and melted butter. Mix until combined. Top onto mac 'n cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Last edited by Starry Night; 02-09-2017 at 03:28 AM.
Old Posted 02-09-2017, 02:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Huh. Sounds like an interesting recipe! I would probably make a few mods just based on personal taste...but overall that sounds awesome!
Old Posted 02-09-2017, 03:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Huh. Sounds like an interesting recipe! I would probably make a few mods just based on personal taste...but overall that sounds awesome!
Thanks! I made it on Thanksgiving and it was pretty good. Let me know what you modify or add, your recipe will probably improve it. :D
Old Posted 02-09-2017, 03:30 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
Thanks! I made it on Thanksgiving and it was pretty good. Let me know what you modify or add, your recipe will probably improve it. :D
I always have Kraft Dinner around (there's a Canadian joke there) and often I'll throw in some good, sharp cheddar or old cheddar to enhance the cheesy-ness. I'm picky about my box food!

Not my thing but I know people who swear by chip dip made from Velveeta, re-fried beans, and maybe a can of salsa all thrown together into the microwave.
Old Posted 02-09-2017, 05:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
I can already tell you that instead of velveeta, I would use a combination of grated cheeses (probably sharp cheddar, colby, and/or a pepper jack) and cheese-it's instead of goldfish because I feel like they have better flavor.

Beyond that, I would have to try the recipe prior to adding or changing anything. Although I don't have any of the ingredients except cheese currently. XP
Old Posted 02-09-2017, 01:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I can already tell you that instead of velveeta, I would use a combination of grated cheeses (probably sharp cheddar, colby, and/or a pepper jack) and cheese-it's instead of goldfish because I feel like they have better flavor.

Beyond that, I would have to try the recipe prior to adding or changing anything. Although I don't have any of the ingredients except cheese currently. XP
Cheez-its! I would've never thought of that. That should be delicious, definitely a stronger flavor than Goldfish.
Old Posted 02-10-2017, 05:42 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #15  
can you use real cheese or would that change the taste too much?
Old Posted 02-10-2017, 06:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
It would give it a better cheese flavor. But otherwise shouldn't actually be an issue. At least in my opinion. I don't care for processed cheese products like velveeta.
Old Posted 02-10-2017, 12:56 PM Reply With Quote