Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Make Clothes o//u//o
Default   #273  
+A+ hopefully soon, i could return to bother you all more often
Old Posted 11-30-2013, 11:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
I don't think it's really going downhill. I feel like it is just frozen, if you're know what I mean. It's like coming to the same stuff every time I log in and I'm no where interested. One in a while, I come here to check on stuff and maybe make a couple posts. I don't really care much anymore, to be honest. It would be nice to see some big changes though, like re-design of the forum, or just something fancy and different.

Edit* We can't blame anyone, because I'm sure everyone are busy now with real life. Even me, I'm always working and going to school. When I get home, I'm too tired to even come online anymore.
Last edited by Panda; 01-04-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old Posted 01-04-2014, 08:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Exp. + 9,000
Default   #275  
It makes me sad to come back to this place and see how dead it is. How absolutely dead this damn place is. @_@ I remember when I had so many friends on here and so many responsibilities that it made my head spin as soon as I logged in. Ugh. Those were the days I guess.

[ L v e ]

There's nothing wrong with just a taste of what you paid for...
Old Posted 01-22-2014, 08:39 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
So far from what I'm noticing, the store updates, yearlies aren't working.
No one feels inclined to post, when there is an event I don't feel like that items are worth posting for anymore, and when there is a contest I brush it off because it's not interesting and or it needed a better incentive.

I really don't want to bother to suggest anything because I'll feel like a broken record. I know the staff has some event in the works, but 1 event won't cut it unless there are multiple parts to that event that keeps on adding and building up. (1st Wave of Event items, then second part of an event happens the week after with NPC + User Roleplay, 3rd Wave more items, blah blah something)

Basically any kind of hype helps, the goal right now is to maintain interest and keep people intertwined with their curiosity. Not lavish them with millions of items left and right without reason or just cause.
People like discussing/spectating, while other people simply enjoy the communication/role-playing, ultimately avatar's are truly secondary to the site as the main heart of any avatar community is the community itself. Items are there to motivate us, or to interest us enough to keep talking to each other with the incentive of having shiny pixels to show off and talk about as well adding to a discussion.

Oh and one small thing, I really do think that ever since all Announcements in the announcement forums have been locked that it SERIOUSLY decreased posts/discussions despite there being a thread dedicated to discussion in this forum. Sometimes I see a announcement and no discussion to it here, and I feel lazy to make one let alone post in one if there was one because by the time I see it I don't want to post/say anything anymore.
... Just something small to think about....

Old Posted 01-24-2014, 03:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Default   #277  
Quote:
Originally Posted by #FFFFFF View Post
It makes me sad to come back to this place and see how dead it is. How absolutely dead this damn place is. @_@ I remember when I had so many friends on here and so many responsibilities that it made my head spin as soon as I logged in. Ugh. Those were the days I guess.

Whoa! I didn't think I'd ever see you here again. Even if it's only for 1 post, it's good to see you. C: And, I know what you mean, I came back here to try to help fix the "dead-ness" but sometimes I worry the site is just too far gone.

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 01-26-2014, 05:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
:-(
*Dances like a loon*
I have a link to Trisphee in my signatures on forums...
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 01-26-2014, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Default   #279  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
So far from what I'm noticing, the store updates, yearlies aren't working.
No one feels inclined to post, when there is an event I don't feel like that items are worth posting for anymore, and when there is a contest I brush it off because it's not interesting and or it needed a better incentive.

I really don't want to bother to suggest anything because I'll feel like a broken record. I know the staff has some event in the works, but 1 event won't cut it unless there are multiple parts to that event that keeps on adding and building up. (1st Wave of Event items, then second part of an event happens the week after with NPC + User Roleplay, 3rd Wave more items, blah blah something)

Basically any kind of hype helps, the goal right now is to maintain interest and keep people intertwined with their curiosity. Not lavish them with millions of items left and right without reason or just cause.
People like discussing/spectating, while other people simply enjoy the communication/role-playing, ultimately avatar's are truly secondary to the site as the main heart of any avatar community is the community itself. Items are there to motivate us, or to interest us enough to keep talking to each other with the incentive of having shiny pixels to show off and talk about as well adding to a discussion.

Oh and one small thing, I really do think that ever since all Announcements in the announcement forums have been locked that it SERIOUSLY decreased posts/discussions despite there being a thread dedicated to discussion in this forum. Sometimes I see a announcement and no discussion to it here, and I feel lazy to make one let alone post in one if there was one because by the time I see it I don't want to post/say anything anymore.
In my opinion, the Yearlies were actually a decent success in rates of the donations that the site received from them so far.

As for everything else you posted, I agree. When I first volunteered to run things in Fenris' absence I thought all the site needed was a dedicated leader and a pixelist to help it go in the right direction. After a couple of months I now am pretty sure that I was wrong. Even if people liked the items that I made, I could make a million of them every month and that would not fix anything. Like you said, there needs to be hype and speculation, not just tons of items just thrown in the users' faces. What the site needs is a dedicated coder who would be willing to redo the layout and fix all the bugs. And most importantly create new and exciting features and events. What good are items if people have problems equipping them or trading them? But at this point the coder would have to work for free with I highly doubt will happen.

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 01-26-2014, 06:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
As a note: Trisphee is not as dead as it was post-Nox Nocturnis 2013.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 01-26-2014, 06:52 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #281  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
In my opinion, the Yearlies were actually a decent success in rates of the donations that the site received from them so far.

As for everything else you posted, I agree. When I first volunteered to run things in Fenris' absence I thought all the site needed was a dedicated leader and a pixelist to help it go in the right direction. After a couple of months I now am pretty sure that I was wrong. Even if people liked the items that I made, I could make a million of them every month and that would not fix anything. Like you said, there needs to be hype and speculation, not just tons of items just thrown in the users' faces. What the site needs is a dedicated coder who would be willing to redo the layout and fix all the bugs. And most importantly create new and exciting features and events. What good are items if people have problems equipping them or trading them? But at this point the coder would have to work for free with I highly doubt will happen.
You know if you guys were more lenient towards the age thing Nightmare has been offering to code for the sites for years now..... (She's almost 18 xD)
So umm, she's free and available. Just leaving that note out there.

Old Posted 01-27-2014, 09:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
It's really not whether we're lenient or not, I think...NDAs are a thing, and you need to be of legal age to sign a proper NDA...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-27-2014, 10:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #283  
Actually you don't, just have to have a parental cosign it. Makes more fuss is the real problem.
Old Posted 01-27-2014, 11:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Ah. That makes sense.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 01-27-2014, 11:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #285  
Well. With my jumping on and off, life just kicks you in the arse sometimes and I can't get on.
A lot of people want artists, we don't have many still working in here. That's a whole other issues I'm sure.
I've been in the hospital for a month!
Pneumonia. Complications and chest tubes.
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 01-27-2014, 08:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Well, from what I understand from my law class and stuff, a minor can sign a contract on their own. Just, they can back out of it at any time....that's the down side. But they doesn't mean they can break it without any repurcussions.
Old Posted 01-28-2014, 08:19 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #287  
And now I feel like an idiot because I was just talking to Nightmare and she is 18 now...
In my defense the last time I saw her she was 17 but she was turning 18 the week after and that sort of slipped my mind. xD

Nightmare said she is willing to code part time, you just need to contact her and ask. >.<

Old Posted 01-28-2014, 08:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
We decided to lock the announcement threads and host the discussion for it in trisphee talk because people were making idle chatter in them and burying important announcement threads, there were also isolated incidents where people had fights in the announcement threads and we had to lock and/or delete posts anyway and that's not a good look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 01-28-2014, 08:34 PM Reply With Quote