Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

More More More Magic
Default   #2305  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
"The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb."

I keep forgetting that's the full version of the oft misquoted "blood is thicker than water".
XD
I looked it up, and this actually isn't the case either. The original quote is in German and is most definitely referring to blood as kin
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 12-06-2019, 11:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBon View Post
I looked it up, and this actually isn't the case either. The original quote is in German and is most definitely referring to blood as kin
Well, disregard that post then. I still hate my blood family and have strong preference for those friends who claim me as family regardless of the origin of that ridiculously debated quote.
Old Posted 12-06-2019, 11:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #2307  
My medication was increased last month...

I hate that I am so easily offended and easily "triggered".

My fitness coach has been saying, "Omg. I'm so OCD" when she *really* means "I am a perfectionist". And my mom (who has OCD) called her out on it, (politely) and my coach (my mom and I both see her) was like,

"Oh, no. I'm not diagnosed with OCD, I just like everything perfect. I'm a *functional* OCD"

Mom and I were offended, but it's not worth arguing over...
This fitness coach being the same person who said that I am "too young to be on medication"...
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 12-07-2019, 12:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ugh. I want to dress nice-ish for work, but it's also day 1 of the bloodening so I feel like crap and wanna dress super comfy and in things that won't stain. XP
Old Posted 12-07-2019, 02:07 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Default   #2309  
I get you kad. I really wanted to wear sweats to work this week, but my performance review is coming up and last year wearing sweats came up :'(
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 12-07-2019, 07:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Tbh, the dress code here is super lax. Like, the only real restrictions are "clean jeans without holes" and "t-shirts with designs are fine as long as they don't have images of beer, drugs, or nudity". But since it IS a museum, even though it's small and not super fancy, I like to at least go with a skirt of some kind and a plain colored shirt without a design when I'm at the front desk.
Today I decided to go more for comfort though with my soft, well worn, paint stained maxi skirt and a slightly loose long-sleeved shirt. Can't wait until I can go home. So I can curl up in a ball on my bed and die.
Old Posted 12-07-2019, 07:20 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #2311  
i can't ever wear pants on my period. skirts are so much more convenient for that time. but only flared ones. dresses are even better, because the only band of a garment to push into my cramping abdomen is the band of my underwear rather than the band of a skirt also.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 12-08-2019, 07:23 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Yeah Kad we're your family now! Plus I hate people like "OH YOU SHOULD GO OUT WITH *BLANK* WHO IS YOUR FRIEND HE SEEMS REALLY NICE" even though I don't really know anyone like that personally but when you don't want dudes you've already friendzoned hitting on you.... :/

It's a pet peeve of mine when guy friends who know I'm not interested still flirt like no stop. >__>"

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 12-08-2019, 08:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #2313  
It's Asked, not "Axed."
It's Library, not "LI-BERRY".
It's ALZHIEMERS! NOT "ALL-TIMERS"! <X'C
AAAAAAAGH! It's KILLING me not to correct people!!! Must! Resist! Correcting!
;~; but it's so painful! Hnnng! >~<;

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-08-2019, 01:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Mhh. I say “li-bry”. Faster.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-08-2019, 03:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #2315  
:/ I'm guilty of that too, but I can't stand when "lie-berry" happens. x{

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-08-2019, 03:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Kitty: Yeah! *highfives* Also, pretty sure I'll have to clarify my friendship with one of my guy friends to my now boss at the museum. Every time I work a long shift on a Saturday she's always like, "oh just have A bring you lunch!" As if he's my boyfriend. xP
Yeah....nope. While I'm sure if I asked, he'd probably do it some days because he is just a nice person, A.) We are not and never will be a couple and B.) He works on Saturdays.
*sigh*
Guess I'll have to come out of the deck (cause that's where the Aces are... lol, I love that saying...) to my boss now.

One of my friends says windowSEAL instead of windowSILL and I cringe every time.
Old Posted 12-08-2019, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #2317  
so i found something out when i was having internal abdominal tearing; maternity jeans fit AND are not too tight when sitting

of course you have to wear a top that covers the band but it's a thought if you are having tenderness and pain but have a use for pants
Old Posted 12-08-2019, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
One of my friends says windowSEAL instead of windowSILL and I cringe every time.
That's just a regional accent. There are a lot of cases of vowels that are pronounced like a short i in some accents and like a long e in other accents. It's not an error, not any more than underemphasizing R-sounds in New England or British accents.

This word is actually one of the few examples where my wife's accent slips out. She usually speaks with a generic American accent (technically, "neutral midwestern") but she grew up in Mississippi and every once in a while the way she'll say a word reveals that fact.

One of the ways you can tell that it's an accent feature is that it's systematic -- when fully realized, people who speak in this accent also say "pill" as if it were "peel", "bill" as "beal", "till" as "teal", et cetera. (The pattern suggests that "will" would be pronounced like "wheel". I've heard that a few times, but it's context sensitive -- in phrases like "will go" the heavy de-emphasis of the helping verb can make it come out almost like a shortened form of "wool" instead.)

Does your friend by any chance replace some long E sounds with long A sounds? e.g. saying "tea" a little more like "tay"
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-08-2019, 10:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2319  
Internal abdominal tearing? Yikes. Hope it's better.

I'm wondering how you can scare a cat away when it prefers to aggressively stand its guard, without harming it. Water sprayer? I'd like for it to not attack the dogs as it becomes more brave.
Old Posted 12-08-2019, 11:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
That's just a regional accent. There are a lot of cases of vowels that are pronounced like a short i in some accents and like a long e in other accents. It's not an error, not any more than underemphasizing R-sounds in New England or British accents.

This word is actually one of the few examples where my wife's accent slips out. She usually speaks with a generic American accent (technically, "neutral midwestern") but she grew up in Mississippi and every once in a while the way she'll say a word reveals that fact.

One of the ways you can tell that it's an accent feature is that it's systematic -- when fully realized, people who speak in this accent also say "pill" as if it were "peel", "bill" as "beal", "till" as "teal", et cetera. (The pattern suggests that "will" would be pronounced like "wheel". I've heard that a few times, but it's context sensitive -- in phrases like "will go" the heavy de-emphasis of the helping verb can make it come out almost like a shortened form of "wool" instead.)

Does your friend by any chance replace some long E sounds with long A sounds? e.g. saying "tea" a little more like "tay"
Well....unless Montana is divided into vastly different linguistic regions, it's not a regional thing. Same as me he was born in MT and has lived here all his life. And does not replace any other long E sounds with long A.
It's literally just windowseal/windowsill.

Update: he has informed me that it's actually a medical thing where his frenulum I think it's called, is farther forward than most people, so it's easier to do vowel sounds where the tongue doesn't have so much vertical movement. Apparently he also says "pellow" instead of "pillow".
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 12-08-2019 at 11:56 PM.
Old Posted 12-08-2019, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote