Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

기다려
Post kunyo's RP search ^w^   #1  
i really want to RP again!

will do 1x1s
i don't like restrictions on posting length (min or max)
i like ooc discussion
(so, my only expectation is that we each give the other enough to work with. some RP moments require less words and others more so posting doesn't have to be in the same consistent range of word counts. and for RP moments that are slow and better skipped, i like ooc discussion so that i and my partner can discuss how to make the RP move forward when simply building upon the previous post won't cut it.)

won't do:
group rps
sci-fi
historical
gore
smut
animal characters

will do pretty much anything else (ask!) but i especially like dark/twisted fairytale rps. also rp with supernatural elements, slice-of-life, etc. i'll usually only decline if an rp will require me to research and is therefore out of my comfort zone, OR i'm just not interested in the idea. do ask!

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Last edited by daikokunyo; 04-03-2020 at 08:48 AM.
Old Posted 12-01-2019, 09:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:] Hmm.
*thinks for a bit, looking through my many OCs on file*
Dark and twisted fairy tales...hmmm,
:T supernatural elemennnts...may I ask,
Would fairy/dragon/demon/nymph OCs be acceptable?

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-03-2019, 02:01 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #3  
fairy/demon/nymph would be totally acceptable, and dragons too if they're shapeshifting/humanoid somehow! i don't mind animal characters as side characters, but for POV characters i'm more comfortable if they're human-like ^_^

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 12-03-2019, 02:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:D I see.
So would a dragon as a adopted pet/companion count?

I'll admit, I'm kinda interested in RPing. ^-^

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Last edited by Merskelly Metalien; 12-03-2019 at 03:16 AM.
Old Posted 12-03-2019, 02:52 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #5  
yes, it would! side characters as animals are totally cool!

oooh definitely try RP out then, it's pretty fun

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 12-03-2019, 04:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Oop, sorry, I should have added, "again". <x']
I'm interested in RPing again. :]
Been doin' it for years and years,

I have some experience under my hat. :D And luckily, have some fantasy characters of mine that could totally work. Don't require too much research, most of them pretty down to earth, have diverse personalities and dark pasts, some funny and some serious. :3 If you'd like, I could introduce them in profile format, and maybe draw up some quick appearances.
What were you thinking about setting up for an RP, storywise? :o

Old Posted 12-03-2019, 02:04 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #7  
i'm so angry on your behalf. RP partners are supposed to respect your boundaries and the communication about how the RP is going and how you want it to go is supposed to be mutual, not one-sidedly forcing it on you; RP rules say as much even if they don't say it exactly like this. was that the only person you've ever RPed with? i've had a couple of bad RP experiences but i had a host of good ones too, so the experience of RPing wasn't ruined for me.

i usually make my characters according to the story, but i've also RPed with people who used pre-made OCs. in that case we picked a plot their OC would fit well into. we could take a fairytale and twist it, or we could also make our own plot.
you can introduce your OCs if you have their profiles already made, and let's see what we can come up with! as for existing premises that i have, here are a few:

needless to say, we can come up with all sorts of ideas beyond these ones and i think it'll be better to decide what kind of RP we want to do after you share your OC profiles, unless you particularly like one of the plots in the spoiler. and if it's twisted fairytales that interest you, i'm down for reworking just about any fairytale. it's only a plot from scratch that'll take a bit of planning.

one more thing: should i make us an OOC thread for us to discuss this further?

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Last edited by daikokunyo; 12-04-2019 at 01:33 AM.
Old Posted 12-04-2019, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<:/ yehh, unfortunately she was the longest RP partner I've had, and she also happened to be that one person in my life to really f*ck me up emotionally, mentally and physically. But she wasn't the only RP partner I've ever RPed with thankfully. :] I've had a couple off/on RP partners I knew irl that are old friends of mine, but we were all so busy with school all the time, that we could never really have a decently made RP for very long. <u<; And we never got further than 5 pages..but out OOC stuff was all over the place. <x'D

Ah. :D I kinda like the last two. I don't have a pre-made OC for the Dreamscape, but for the Wonder Vs Order, I have a couple characters that would def fit the world, despite me originally creating them to be video game characters that cross over to a shared world. ^-^

Although, my fantasy characters I was thinking of introducing don't seem to really fit any of the premises and might need a totally different approach. :d

Ahah, yeah, an OOC thread sounds good! <x} I was about to suggest that actually too, hehe. I could introduce my fantasy OCs there. :D

Old Posted 12-04-2019, 01:12 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #9  
i'm glad you've had decent RP partners! and i can relate to RPs dying off cause of school i had some RPs that died when i made the transition from high school to college, especially. although RPs do die and sometimes that can't be helped, what really makes me sad is if i became good friends with my partner while RPing with them but we don't continue talking to each other after the RP dies. in one case, the website i used to RP at underwent an overhaul and i lost touch with my partner because we weren't in touch on any other platform :(((

i'm excited to meet your OCs here is the OOC thread! talk to you there!

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 12-04-2019, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
...oh, darn, that’s two of my usual genres on your won’t do list.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-05-2019, 02:52 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
...oh, darn, that’s two of my usual genres on your won’t do list.
i just find them kind of esoteric and difficult to get my teeth into, like no matter how i try to familiarise myself with them i feel out of my depth. i don't mind reading them but writing them is out of my comfort zone... i have other genres that might be on your will-do that aren't on my won't-do though

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Last edited by daikokunyo; 12-05-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old Posted 12-05-2019, 07:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
True. Never done a 1x1 before, though. Kind of scared to try.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-05-2019, 04:16 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #13  
1x1 is less intimidating if you give yourself the freedom to integrate other characters into your main's life and story beats, especially if they're other characters you love to play. it only gets scary when you've narrowed the field down to literally 2 characters and if they're not together then nothing is happening.

also, good to see a search get so active! hope you get some good games!

Old Posted 12-05-2019, 06:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
So like two main characters, and then sub characters for like... building?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-06-2019, 02:45 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #15  
exactly, main +sub characters, or even more than two main characters! when i used to RP a 1x1 with multiple characters, the sub characters could be written about through the main characters point of view. if they were even less important they could be controlled by both me and my partner, like NPCs. but if they were also main characters, i'd just put their different POVs (in third person, but not omniscient, you know) in different posts. or even in the same post, under headings, like:

POV of main character 1
[post]

POV of main character 2
[post]

reiterating again that it was usually third person, but limited to what these main characters knew.

if it was sub-characters it'd be like:

[post, main interacting with sub-character] or else, if the sub-characters are acting where the mains can't see them, a sort of omniscient third-person voice until a main character comes into the scene

if it was NPCs it'd be the same as the writing of sub-characters, just that we don't distribute them amongst each other in terms of who controls who.

ALSO, who controls who isn't set in stone; like if we need to agree on something in OOC to move the RP forward, we can write it into IC even if our additions weren't already implicated by what has been set up so far in the RP, and even if we have to write each other's characters as saying/doing something- controlling each other's characters through the POVs of our own characters, if you will. basically, if we both have agreed to something i don't see a problem, even if it's not conventional. the one RP rule of etiquette that, for me, would override any others, is that we can do whatever the hell we like, if both of us like it.

@Galla thank you! i hope so too!

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 12-06-2019, 03:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Huh. That... does sound less daunting.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-06-2019, 04:01 AM Reply With Quote