Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Judged
Question Any GOOD mmorpgs?   #1  
So me and my little brother have been trying to find a REALLY good mmorpg that will not only waste our time playing numerous hours on end, but something that will actually keep us entertained! The problem with us finding a good enough game is that we can be pretty picky as to what we want to play and what we don't want to play.

SO-- here's a list of what we've played in the past:

-Fantasy Earth Zero (This actually kept our interest for numerous months that we've played. And no matter how many times we stray away from it, we ALWAYS go back to it for more. Ever since the NA server got shut down, we've been looking for numerous ways to get into the Japan and Hong Kong servers with no luck. We definitely want a game that is VERY close to this game)

-Conquer Online (This game was the first mmorpg we've actually played for a while around 2008 and it has changed to the point where we don't play it anymore. The gameplay during 2008 was perfect because it kept us entertained with slow-paced lvl'ing and continuous pk from other players.)

-Lost Saga (I always keep going back to the game when I see a hero come out that has caught my interest. From last I recall, they're still releasing heroes for both the Korean and the NA server. It needs some new game modes and maps to keep people entertained... like me and my little bro :I)

-Elsword (It was good for a while, but now that I hit lvl 42, I lost interest. My little bro immediately lost interest when he found out how slow it took to lvl to 50.)

-Maplestory (Yeah, we played this game-- we lost interest after changing our character's classes.)

-Dungeon Fighter Online (Same reason as Maplestory)

-Angels Online (I'm currently playing this-- my little bro used to play it. I'm starting to lose SOME interest. Still playing it because it's close to the perfect game for me)

-Wonderland Online (We both lost interest after level 30)

-Trickster Online (I'm back and forth on this game-- my little brother lost interest when he learned that it takes a while to lvl to get to the 2nd class.)

-Grand Fantasia (A friend recommended this game-- we immediately lost interest after level 10. I'll admit, the graphics were eye catching.)

-La Tale (We found out that it was similar to Maplestory. We lost interest in the same timespan as Maplestory.)

-Myth Angels Online (The graphics were the same as Angels Online. The gameplay was different however and it did make us lose interest quickly.)

-Remnant Knights (We actually played this game while it was in closed beta. After a good number of weeks, we lost interest because of personal reasons.)

-Tales Runner (We were interested in this game for a good 4 weeks because it was a unique racing game. After that, we lost interest.)

-Zodiac Online (Now... for this game, we were strongly proud of because we played on closed beta and we were known as one of the stronger players on the server. However, once open beta came along, we were unable to play due to real life and eventually, we tried to get back into the game and to our realization, we were unable to get our spots back. We lost interest after level 10.)

So yeah, here are the list of games either me and/or my brother has played. We do have a reference to what we want to play:

-2D/2.5D Fantasy (Or anything, really)
-No browser games
-Anything close to anime-related graphics
-A unique style of gameplay.

If you want a few games closest to what we want, here they are:

-Fantasy Earth Zero
-Zodiac Online
-Conquer Online
-Lost Saga

...yeah, I don't see any good games coming up from seeing this list. lol ;;
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 11:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
One game that I really enjoy and tend to go back to alot is Grand chance it's more of a 2d dungeon crawler so a little like dfo but i like it much much better. I'll try to come up with more -has played a crap ton of mmo's-
Lace and Chains: Hearts Intertwined
Airina's and Renata's Quest Thread

Airina's Auction House: Incogninja
Airina is my GirlFriend <3 Hurt or Mess with her and you pay!
The Lab's Immortal Janitor Pet
Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 12:21 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged
Default   #3  
Oh! I remember glancing at that game. I wanted to take a crack at it, but sadly, my computer won't let me. lol ;; My ACER is pretty limited to what kinds of games I can play. orz However, there were actually some 3D mmos I've been able to pull off. |Dg
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 12:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Ahhhhh hmmm i dun know than especially with limited qualifications

Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged
Default   #5  
Well, my ACER can deal with some decent system requirements. I'm guessing your computer has been made for gaming?
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 12:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Yesh it has I have an asus but than again i played GC on my HP when i had that.

Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 12:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #7  
Grand Chase is a rather old game so It shouldn't be hard to run, though it detests my computer and lags horridly.

Another one you may enjoy is Rusty Hearts, when I first played it, it felt like CastleVania Online. Slow leveling later but it didn't bother me at all because it's rather fun.

And unfortunately I have no idea how Fantasy Earth Zero plays so I can't suggest anything based on this...

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 01:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
I recommend Mabinogi and, when it comes back online, Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE.

Bother of them are really fun, and are free to play. :3 *ish in the Ruiari server in Mabinogi* >u<

Old Posted 04-19-2012, 03:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Beyond Space and Time
Default   #9  
I've been addicted to this MMORPG called Dragon Nest.
It's under Nexon I think so you'll probably say that there's a resemblance between the game and uh... Maplestory.

The reason why I got hooked into Dragon Nest is that it uses a non-targeting combat system ensuring that players have complete control over every single one of their character's movements. From dodging, aiming, ect... You have full control which makes the game a bit changeling.

The game has 4 basic classes, err.. make that 5 since a new class will be arriving (well, for SEA version since other version has this class already) Warrior, Cleric, Sorceress, Archer and lastly Academic. There will also be a new class called Kali but it's yet to be implemented and CN (china) or KR (Korea) would probably get a taste of them first. >3>
Each classes will be having their 2nd job at lvl 15/16 (eg: Sorceress -> Force User or Elemental Lord) and those 2nd jobs will have a 3rd job at lvl 45. (eg: Elemental Lord -> Pyromancer or IceWitch)

The classes are gendered lock, Sorceress, Archer, and Academic are girls while warrior and clerics are guys. =~=

Like other MMOs, the game also has PvE and PvP. The game's lore is good too, I'm having fun following the game's story.

The game versions I know of are SEA (South East Asia) JP (Japan) KR (Korea) CN (China) and NA (North America).
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 03:43 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
There's always going to be Guild Wars 2 if you wait a few months... I am getting into the Beta this weekend if you would like any personal opinions on it.
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 05:35 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged
Default   #11  
@Renata: Ah, that's cool. '^'

@Serra: Oh yeah, I've seen advertisements of that game. Been wanting to try it, but I fear that it's 3D goodness will kill my computer. orz;; Does it have a 800x600 minimum screen display? Also-- I suggest going on youtube and searching up Fantasy Earth Zero gameplays to see how it looks. '^' If it was still online, I would highly recommend the game.

@Rinni: Mabinogi? Ah yes... that game. Wait... isn't this the game where your character ages just like you do in real time?

@Memory: I've gotten a quick glance at that game before. Thinking about trying it out soon. And yeah, when a game in NA comes up, but it already has another server up, the area that had the game first experiences everything first. It's funny because the players in NA servers complain about wanting the same content as the players in other servers. lol

@Ducky: Really? Awesome. If you don't mind researching up on the game first-hand for me, that is? '^'
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 06:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
They age one year a week. After 25, they kinda plateau off. You can rebirth them for free when they're age 20. :3

Old Posted 04-19-2012, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote  
The Ascended Angel
Default   #13  
Eden Eternal is pretty good, extremely diverse, but you get sucked into "BUY ME NOW OR NEVER, ONLY FOR TWO DAYS, SPEND $500!!!!!" way too easily- but that is because it is run by Aeria. :/

Lime Odyssey is also quite good but it is not out yet. The major downside is that it is also to be run by Aeria. v_v
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 08:35 PM Reply With Quote  
The Rose Prince
Dragons Nest! That game is really fun! I am a priest!

omg Guild wars 2 I am totally waiting for it its amazing!
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 09:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Beyond Space and Time
Default   #15  
I have a priest too but I find it hard to lvl it up especially when people would kick us out of their pt just because it's the slowest class. XD
My main though is an Elemental Lord, going to be a Pyromancer. What version are you playing?
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 09:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I recommend Mabinogi if you're willing to spend money in the cash shop. Vindictus is pretty good, too, and so is Dragon Nest (which IMO plays rather like a chibi version of Vindictus), but they're both pretty damn graphics-intensive.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-19-2012, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote