Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #17  
haha, i keep telling myself i'm gonna work more on my fanfic, but it seems unlikely at this point tbh. at least until i get practice with shorter stories

Old Posted 03-11-2018, 01:55 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
There's only a few pieces of advice I can give. It's one of those things, you won't be as impressed with your own work because you know what will happen in the story/every trick you employed and what all the symbolism means, and your reader doesn't. Therefore they will always be way more amazed and interested than you. And you literally gotta set a schedule and do it. Sit yourself down at a certain time on a certain day or days of the week and write at least one paragraph. Lastly, just do it and throw it out there as soon as you are done, you'll always go 'that was bad' when looking at your old work, but trust me someone is going 'omg this is so good.'

And if I'm honest, there's a lot of works that when I look back on that are both mine and others that were god-like at the time, that now that I'm older and more skilled are like 'lol this is so bad, but I'll never like it less than when I first read/saw it'. You know?
Old Posted 03-11-2018, 02:02 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #19  
i do definitely need to work on scheduling better. huge weakness of mine, for writing and just about everything else.

honestly, though, my good writing i'm always happy with, even after years have passed. i don't LOL IF YOU DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY GATHER AS MUCH i don't have confidence issues with my writing. rather, i have an expressive language disorder that makes it difficult for me to write a lot of times. i'm good at it when i can manage, it's just the managing part that gets me.

Old Posted 03-11-2018, 02:30 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Beat that disorder in the face! lol no j/k. I wish I had your confidence. It's hard to come by, cherish it. And enjoy your ability to create in the future, even if you are having trouble managing it when you try. I ended up having rl stuff smash my ability to do things for extended periods of time, and by god, if I don't see giant tone and quality differences when attempted a project with very very small babysteps.

As for scheduling I'd be a hypocrite to tell you how to since like, it's 1:43 a.m. where I am lol, and I'm the type of person that will run on 30 minutes - 4 hours of sleep if something is important to me to get done. lol I just know all the great artists and writers I admire all, have mentioned at least one point in their life that they do their stuff daily. And the only time I ever managed that daily, was when I was an unstoppable immortal teenager.
Old Posted 03-11-2018, 02:53 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #21  
time zone buddies, aww yiss

yeah i always hear the same, but i'm so bad at actually keeping schedules. example! 2am and i'm not sleeping.

Old Posted 03-11-2018, 02:57 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
I know right? Forums and new friends will do that. At least it's the weekend. ^^
Old Posted 03-11-2018, 03:04 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #23  
the weekend means nothing to me, lmao

Old Posted 03-11-2018, 03:04 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Hey there! :) Welcome to Trisphee!!

Undertale is quite fun. XD I'm more of a Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts person, though. And I LOVE all things Animal Crossing. XD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 03-11-2018, 08:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixel Gremlin
Default   #25  
Hey, welcome to Trisphee! Hope you have a good time here. :D
Old Posted 03-11-2018, 12:22 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Poor Gallagher, you need a break.

Hi kitty! Thanks for the welcome, Kingdom Hearts is top of the list, such a good series, just takes 500 years for them to put out the next game lol. FFVI, FFVII Crisis core are my favorite Final Fantasies, what about you? Also I love animal crossing new leaf, I'm just terrible about playing it at all anymore.

Hi Insomniak! Thanks for the welcome, it seems like a really nice place. :)
Old Posted 03-11-2018, 03:13 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #27  
My favorite FFs are FF III and VIII. :3 I do like VII a lot too, though! <3

Yeah, I've kinda neglected NL since Pocket Camp came out. ;u; But they keep releasing new events. Dx

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 03-11-2018, 11:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Yay, you made a thread \o/ Welcome to trisphee!! Hope you stay with us!

also I see you judging me GALLAGHERRR
Old Posted 03-12-2018, 12:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #29  
Hello and welcome to site, i'am also new and your avi is amazing! xD
Old Posted 06-04-2018, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote