Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #17  
I just downloaded the game to my 3DS with the $30 I receive from the Fire Emblem + Shin Megami Tensei 4 deal. (Along with Attack of the Friday Monsters, weird cute game FYI Has that nice backyard totoro magical feel)
I haven't started playing it yet, but after seeing all these rad reviews and all my friends are addicted to it hopefully I can enjoy it. I'm new to the series, and hopefully this isn't anything like Harvest Moon. I can never seem to enjoy games like these for some reason...

Old Posted 08-21-2013, 07:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I chopped down all trees in my town except fruit and one pine tree XD
Old Posted 08-21-2013, 08:24 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #19  
Any tips for a newcomer? I live in the town of Crossing, and I just found out Nook is a d**k.

Old Posted 08-21-2013, 08:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Oh, Marcie will be leaving my town on the 24th, so if anyone wants her, let me know.

Illusion, Thonky will be one of your best friends. Between that, the AC:NL wiki, and (I check) /r/animalcrossing on Reddit, there is nothing you won't know. You can check out the bell-making guide for ideas on how to make money.

The first week or two seem to be really slow, but enjoy just starting because it's an experience you only get once per game (many never restart). It's a life simulator, to some degree, so it's not meant to be played more than a few hours a day unless you are farming beetles off the island, decorating your town, or talking to your neighbors. If you play it too much, you may get burnt out.

It's best feature is that it is a game meant to relax with. Take your time, get to know your friends (both animal and other humans), and enjoy just being in your town. :3

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 08-21-2013, 10:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Default   #21  
@ XrosHeartless, You can't really MAKE them leave but everyone, no matter how good of friends you are with them will always try to leave at some point. You can tell them to stay or tell them goodbye. Sometimes when you tell them goodbye they will change their mind and stay anyways. lol The day they say they'll be leaving, all their belongings will be boxed up. At that point you can invite someone to come to your town and convince them to move to their town and they will if that person has an open spot.

@ Illusion, NOOK IS A CROOK! ALWAYS HAS BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE. He even has his kids run his store for him. xD

My biggest piece of advice is to always sell your stuff to the Re-Tail store, they give you 20% more than the Nooks. You can hit all the rocks with a shovel, once a day one will break apart and give you Ore and another one will make a Mario noise and you can keep hitting it til it stops to get lots of money! Also if you shake all the trees in your town you will find 2 pieces of furniture, a bunch of 100 Bell bags, AND BEES THAT WILL STING YOU.

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 08-22-2013, 01:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Delicate Soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
@ XrosHeartless, You can't really MAKE them leave but everyone, no matter how good of friends you are with them will always try to leave at some point. You can tell them to stay or tell them goodbye. Sometimes when you tell them goodbye they will change their mind and stay anyways. lol The day they say they'll be leaving, all their belongings will be boxed up. At that point you can invite someone to come to your town and convince them to move to their town and they will if that person has an open spot.

@ Illusion, NOOK IS A CROOK! ALWAYS HAS BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE. He even has his kids run his store for him. xD

My biggest piece of advice is to always sell your stuff to the Re-Tail store, they give you 20% more than the Nooks. You can hit all the rocks with a shovel, once a day one will break apart and give you Ore and another one will make a Mario noise and you can keep hitting it til it stops to get lots of money! Also if you shake all the trees in your town you will find 2 pieces of furniture, a bunch of 100 Bell bags, AND BEES THAT WILL STING YOU.
If you catch the bees you can sell them. :3 You can also sell the beehives. Annnnnnnd if you open your gates beforehand and start shaking trees, you should not get any bees.

Broken Spirit
Old Posted 08-22-2013, 06:58 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #23  
Anything else? Ive been making only 100,000 bells per hour by fishing. (Not much...) And I don't even have my house yet... (Come tomorrow.)
Oh and Spiny the Pig... MY BEST FRIEND. HE GAVE ME A SHIRT WITH A FROGGY ON IT!

Old Posted 08-22-2013, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Delicate Soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion
Anything else? Ive been making only 100,000 bells per hour by fishing. (Not much...) And I don't even have my house yet... (Come tomorrow.)
Oh and Spiny the Pig... MY BEST FRIEND. HE GAVE ME A SHIRT WITH A FROGGY ON IT!
Yeah, when you unlock your island. After 7pm, look for beetles on palm trees, they sell really well. You can grow palm trees in your town as well, but to make palm trees you need bananas or coconuts. It's also easier to catch beetles on your island because 1) it's always summer 2) you have more palm trees versus regular trees.

Uh, you should donate your bugs/fishes to the museum but you can just sell them instead. Personally, when I catch a new species, I give it to the museum. But yeah everything Sei said is true. follow the Thonky guide if you need help and try not to burn yourself out, this game is meant to be played everyday, normally not for long. Your villagers will even bring this up sometimes.

Broken Spirit
Old Posted 08-22-2013, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #25  
Marcie decided not to leave (grrr...), but Pierce is leaving on the 26th. If anyone wants him (jock, blue eagle), let me know.

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Old Posted 08-24-2013, 03:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Aww poor Pierce. I got Dierdre to leave and now have Moe. C:

CMYK
Old Posted 09-01-2013, 10:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #27  
Katt is leaving on the 6th, does anyone want her?

Old Posted 09-01-2013, 10:48 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Yay Moe stayed! :D
WHY ARE ALL MY LITTLE FRIENDS LEAVING ME!? D=
*Sniffle*

Old Posted 09-02-2013, 10:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Default   #29  
MOE IS AWESOME. You better not let him leave. xD He's one of my favorite villagers of all of Animal Crossing.

I have one of my villagers try to move out at least once every 2-3 days. D: There's only 1 that I want to gtfo and she hasn't offered yet!

CMYK
Old Posted 09-02-2013, 11:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
I like the change, because honestly... if they aren't your dream villagers, sometimes it just gets boring.

Old Posted 09-02-2013, 03:26 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
MOE IS AWESOME. You better not let him leave. xD He's one of my favorite villagers of all of Animal Crossing.

I have one of my villagers try to move out at least once every 2-3 days. D: There's only 1 that I want to gtfo and she hasn't offered yet!
He's one of my favorite villagers too, along with Curly the Pig. (Curly gave me a Froggy SHIRT. A FROGGY FREAKIN SHIRT. Best friend material right there.)

Everyone else I don't care for... The horse creeps me out, the frog lady looks like a creepy Froakie, and quite frankly that Squirrel is asking for it. NOBODY HAS CUTE AND ADORABLE CHEEKS LIKE THOSE AND GETS AWAY WITH IT.

Old Posted 09-02-2013, 06:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
I hope everyone got their picnic basket from Isabelle today if you live in America. :D

Also don't forget that it's also September so there's a new item that you can get from the Post Office for asking for a present. This month it's a moon vanity.

Edit: And yay! Tammy just told me she's leaving on the 9th! 8D Now I gotta get Rudy to want to move by TTing from my other copy and my town will be complete.

CMYK
Last edited by Taiki; 09-05-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Old Posted 09-03-2013, 01:01 AM Reply With Quote