Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

More Magic
Default Help!   #1  
Somehow a malware knows as bing toolbar installed itself on my computer. I mean it, it installed itself without me doing anything at all. All I was doing was browsing another avatar site without ads when, all of a sudden, this atrocity pops up with a bunch of disgusting adds on the (previously without any ads at all) page. Since then, it’s done this on every single other site as well.

I’ve tried getting rid of extensions since Chrome sometimes installs extensions without asking me but, it wasn’t there and now I have no idea how to get rid of it…

If anyone knows how I can get rid of this horrible thing please tell me because I’m starting to despair by now as the ads freeze any web pages I’m on, I mean it when I say that I had to write this comment on Word in order to post it as it would freeze the page before I managed to even type out the comment…
Old Posted 06-20-2014, 09:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Well, today's your lucky day! I've got beta test access to a new malware-cleaning tool, but as a Mac user I didn't have any use for it.

If you don't mind following up to give me a report on what happened, I'll PM it to you.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-20-2014, 04:30 PM Reply With Quote