Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Mother Ship
Default I preordered a game too early   #1  
Have you ever heard that? I have, from GameStop when I went to pick up my limited edition of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 awhile back.

Which I preordered like a week? after the upgrade/preorder bonus was announced.

Funny thing is....I didn't preorder to early for the little dynamic theme bonus which was announced two months after the upgrade bonus.

I ended up with the upgrade mind, but I was never informed that you could preorder too early...and if anyone has been on GameStop's facebook page, there have been a lot of people like me.

Discuss:
GameStop
Preorders
Company mess ups
etc
Old Posted 09-24-2013, 12:00 AM  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Wow, the mind, it boggles. I seldom preorder because I never have the money at the right time. They shouldn't have let you order if that was the case.
Old Posted 09-24-2013, 05:48 PM  
Mother Ship
Default   #3  
That's my point. How do you order to early for a bonus? Or period?

I mean, really?

Now, I have another game preordered (I did it before all this) and it has a bonus now that it didn't back then...so if I can get that preorder, it will just anger me more.

I pay mine fully upfront, the entire game including tax which means they're technically getting more than what they'd get in the future considering money is worth more now than it will be in the future...and they want to screw you over on a preorder bonus? -.-

Though they did screw up in my favor once. They counted an old white/silver 360 as the basic black new one pretty much so I got over half of the amount for a new 360 XD

That's why I haven't given up on GameStop...yet.
Old Posted 09-24-2013, 08:49 PM  
Necromancer
I only ever pre order the pokemon games because I already know what I'm going to get. : p
"Selfish, I suppose. Not to want to spend my entire life screaming on the inside."

Old Posted 11-12-2013, 04:03 AM  
I Am Your Dark Fate
Default   #5  
Sometimes when they announce something the preorder bonuses aren't out just yet.
When you go in to pay a little off at a time you can ask them if there is anything new and they should tell you.
Then you can just have it switched.

But I am spoiled at my GameStop because I'm a preferred costumer.
I go in there a lot and keep updated on the games I'm getting.

But if you don't do that I can see how you wouldn't know about the bonuses until it was to late.

The picture above is what I'm supposed to look like..
My Quest Thread: The Underground
Old Posted 11-12-2013, 10:06 AM  
Mother Ship
I ordered the game about a week after the preorder bonus was announced. So I didn't preorder too early but they said I did....and others who did like you suggested were told over and over they were getting the book, but they didn't.

The most hilarious part? Square Enix was still selling them late last month on their website...without having to preorder obviously.
Old Posted 11-12-2013, 01:44 PM  
I Am Your Dark Fate
Default   #7  
Well that's not cool at all.

The picture above is what I'm supposed to look like..
My Quest Thread: The Underground
Old Posted 11-12-2013, 03:23 PM  
Mother Ship
I mean a person who ordered a day or two before it came out was told they'd get the book too and they didn't...which I can understand that one. Though GameStop shouldn't have said they would (that's the only reason they preordered at all)
Old Posted 11-12-2013, 03:38 PM  
Be afraid.
Default   #9  
theyre legally obliged to give oyu that book

one of the things ive been having problems with, over here they put up an expected price before they hit a set one so if you preorder at the higher one a manager has to ok you getting it for cheaper. i had to come back in 3 hours for the ac4 release because they had noone instore of the higher rank to authorise for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 11-12-2013, 07:00 PM  
Mother Ship
See, that bothers me D:

It shouldn't need to be okay'd....and I wouldn't have the gas to go back so I would have to be a creeper in their store until they could do something for me D:
Old Posted 11-13-2013, 06:04 PM  
Fresh meat :D
Default   #11  
My response to the comment about "they're required to" is no, they're not. All of the limited time orders normally have an asterisk saying as supplies last or the sort. Gamestop's word means nothing if it isn't on paper. If the area you're in blew through their pre-order bonus allotment, then you're sadly out of luck. I know it sucks tremendously, I ordered 2 of them myself. One for me and one to sell later (sold for $150 on ebay).
Old Posted 11-15-2013, 07:01 PM  
Mother Ship
Well, a preorder bonus should be awarded to those who ordered first. And it's not that hard to count preorders in the system and then get that many bonuses shipped to the store.

Now, if it was a physical thing you get WHEN you preorder....that's a different story. They get those in a certain amount, sometimes they may run out and that's acceptable...other times, they still have it when the game comes out (-looks at Pokemon X/Y preorder poster-)

And if they run out of the preorder bonus (Note: this one came in the case with the game so running out is them being dicks and not ordering enough) they should be willing to refund all your money for the item.
Old Posted 11-16-2013, 12:56 AM  
Delicate Soul
Default   #13  
I hate stuff like that. Another thing you can do surprisingly enough... is preorder a game to get the bonus then just cancel your preorder at a later date. |:
They did something like this for one of the Call of Duty games or something. There were different stages of preorder, so you could preorder the game, get the poster during that phase, take it home and go back in and cancel your preorder later. Free poster for you.
Another thing sometimes if someone doesn't pick up their preorder and it came with a poster or something and someone else buys the game later, they can give the poster away to a customer. I bought Sticker Star maybe a week after it's release and Gamestop gave me the sticker decal because someone canceled their order and never picked it up.

Broken Spirit
Old Posted 11-29-2013, 05:56 AM  
Be afraid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taotaisei View Post
My response to the comment about "they're required to" is no, they're not. All of the limited time orders normally have an asterisk saying as supplies last or the sort. Gamestop's word means nothing if it isn't on paper. If the area you're in blew through their pre-order bonus allotment, then you're sadly out of luck. I know it sucks tremendously, I ordered 2 of them myself. One for me and one to sell later (sold for $150 on ebay).
Yeah depending on the store theyll have the "while stocks last" thing, but here they HAVE to provide you with the item if you preorder unless they state to you at the time that they don't have enough. There was a big court case here when HG/SS came out because EBGames tried to tell people they couldnt have the pokewalkers because they ran out. They had to provide the people with them at a later date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 11-29-2013, 07:50 AM  
Closed Thread