Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Rebooting....
Default   #3409  
Have you looked into storage that is also furniture, like say a bench-chest combination? A sofa with drawers in the base? Also, if you could find something like the terrarium table that's clear acrylic instead of glass, it might be les risky to have shipped.
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 05:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yes, but a lot of that stuff is A) too big ti fit in my teeny tiny apartment or B) Is way out of my price range.
Which at this point is basically in the $0-$30 range. XP
Because 2 jobs does not mean rich bitch unfortunately.

And also the less-obvious reason of....c) It would be too easy to just stash stuff and forget about it, which I already do.

As for the coffee table: if it exists i n a cheaper, less breakable form, that would be cool, but since I spent hours browsing furniture before stumbling across the glass one, I'm already pretty tired of searching up furniture that I can't really afford for now. But having some searh terms that I can use should make it easier to hopefully find something. Unfortunately, the odds of not having to pay shipping are pretty slim, so that will make it more expensive even if I do find a cheaper version. (Also, tbh if I had the money, I'd probably take glass over clear acrylic as acrylic just doesn't quite match the clarity of glass.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 12-15-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3411  
Decluttering closets is so hard because that's a lot of going though everything. Also I'm lazy.
Razz | Pansexual | 30 | Genderfluid (She/He/They)!

Hooked on Final Fantasy XIV!
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 06:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Except for the fact that I am relient on someone else to help me get stuff I'm donating to the actual donation places so I have boxes stacked in my kitchen at the moment, the closet is actually coming along nicely so far. Have gotten my tubs of Disney ornaments up onto the top closet shelf, the middle and bottom shelves will be for sheets, blankets, towels and spare toilet paper (until I can buy a small secondary cabinet for the bathroom), and I am able to now stack most of my yarn tubs in the back of the closet, which will free up some floor space in the bedroom. The next task will be working on my laundry mountain so I can sort out clothes to keep and clothes to toss and donate. But I don't have enough quarters to get through all of that right now, which will make that a long, slow process. But I have eliminated around half of the clean clothes I had in the closet.
At this point, my only real goal is to get my bed cleaned off again before it's time to sleep and to get a bunch of the garbage picked up and taken out. And to find a time when my friend is able to help take stuff over to goodwill.

It amazes me just how much crap I had stashed in there though.
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 07:17 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3413  
Mom's doggo with cancer is in a bad way. I feel all the bad emotions relating to grief and the dog isn't even dead yet. I started a go fund me to try and get money for his surgery but it's not looking good.

In better news I made and sent my Christmas cards I wanted to do, got all the ornament gifts done (and Kaderin's will be in the mail Monday) And I somewhat successfully did another marble glaze cake for my sisters' birthday yesterday.
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 12-15-2018, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
I feel about the same tbh, i'm so sorry about the dog.

Old Posted 12-16-2018, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3415  
On one hand I'm super depressed he is sick and dying, on the other I'm bitter that he didn't hold on until January at least so mom could maybe not be extremely depressed for Christmas.

We need at least $100 by Monday for the surgery but have only gotten $15 in donations. We are going to the vet Monday to have the jaw tumor looked and and discuss options financially and then we have to make the hard choice of going deeper in debt we can't afford to prolong his life, or having him put down forever. If it weren't for the location of this one fucking tumor he would still be a happy pupper. He'd still have the cancer in his body but the most painful issue is the one tumor in the mouth that he keeps poking with his teeth and causing him pain.
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Damies; 12-16-2018 at 04:28 AM.
Old Posted 12-16-2018, 04:24 AM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
I hope you can reach that goal! Your pupper doesn't deserve all that pain.

Old Posted 12-16-2018, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3417  
Whoo boy am I mad. A scammer tried to use my dog's go fund me to get me to give THEM money. "we'll donate 500 if you can come up with the money for the transfer fee" Like bitch go fund me won't ask for a transfer fee, even paypal doens't do transfer fees, why should you get one? The closest to a transfer fee is the 3.whatever percent processing fee they have to take out because card companies require it. I would tell the scammer to take the fee out of the donation amount but the way they worded their "offer" was essentially "we need you to pay the transfer fee so we know we can trust you are serious" fdhosafhdasf hdsohjkkljfd so mad.

Still only 15 dollars raised so it's looking grim.
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 12-17-2018, 07:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
*hugs Damies*
Really wish I had more money because I would give the difference if I could! And then some.
T_T
Old Posted 12-17-2018, 03:43 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3419  
It's bull that someone tried to pull Who DOES THAT? I don't have much to give, I'ms sorry.

Old Posted 12-17-2018, 07:53 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
People in general just kind of suck, but scammers that prey on people seeking donations in a hard time in their life are officially the worst. :(
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 12-19-2018, 04:44 AM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3421  
Agreed. Sometimes people have no shame, going around pulling stuff like that, jesus!

Old Posted 12-20-2018, 11:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
I went on hiatus by accident again while I got hyperfixated on Don't Starve.
Old Posted 12-20-2018, 12:57 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3423  
No shame in that! Hyperfixations happen.

Old Posted 12-20-2018, 01:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i've still no idea if i'm allowed to use the term bc i'm not diagnosed. hell, the whole mental stuff thing could be something else and not ADHD.

this chemical sponge is very very stupid.

in other news, i don't actually have a copy of don't starve -- i have don't starve together, though.

the lore of the game is very fascinating.
Old Posted 12-20-2018, 01:15 PM Reply With Quote