Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #465  
Yehh, <:/ I'm already polite, but extra politeness can go a ways, especially during the holidays. I ought to try giving out more compliments this season. :/ Like, "I like your shirt," and "Your hair looks great," and just the occasional thumbs up if they notice me. <:/

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-19-2019, 02:15 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Not to mention the holiday season tends to make people feel more isolated than usual if they are at odds with their family or don't really have anyone to spend the holidays with.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 10-23-2019, 06:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #467  
>-> I'm already feelin' at odds with my family, and woke up with the depressed feeling that I won't ever get to decorate anything or dress up, or do anything this year..
or celebrate much at all..
.which is what I usually always look forward to doing but, when it comes..it just goes. :/ It's all so sudden and sad..I almost don't wanna celebrate holidays now. >n>; But maybe my family will make me bake stuff and just leave the tree out and naked for me to deck it out..idk. Might just visit my dad in the mountains, just to breathe and get to decorate. :[ As it is, I just feel trapped n' sad down here rn..(again)

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-24-2019, 11:36 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
this is ehy you need a tiny lamp-sized tree. you can decorate those all year long x''D until about two years ago i'd dress it up for each holiday and each season change(it looked pretty with fabric flowers in it). since it is only for you there is no pressure to make it to anyone else's specifications and you could do whatever with it ^^ you'd be surprised how fun the crummy fake webbing and cheap spider rings can be
Old Posted 10-24-2019, 02:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #469  
That sounds like a surprisingly fun idea.
Old Posted 10-25-2019, 10:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i rarely get to decorate the dang tree.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 10-25-2019, 02:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #471  
Neither do I. In our family it's tradition the kids won't get to see the tree until the distribution of presents start. And you count as kid for that purpose until you have kids of your own, at which time you're promoted to parent. Which means I'm still going to be our "little one" aged ninety.
Old Posted 10-26-2019, 01:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
My family's tradition is that the tree is decorated within the first week of getting it in the house. <x} By whoever has the most decorative experience under their belt, usually a girl...or a child..or both. x'D It doesn't matter what the tree looks like, so as long as it has either an angel or a star at the top, and there's lights on it. Only I hate working with real trees because sometimes they're sticky and the needles fall off and there's a constant mess to clean up. <n< More so than if we had a fake tree instead.

>u> I go a little overboard however with the tree, and like to incorporate themes like, blue frost, purple frost, silver bells, poinsettia gold and red, random chaos, white Christmas, jolly colors, and one year I made the tree look a rainbow. :] We also have a toy electric holiday train now, so I can put it under the tree and watch it go in a circle. <x} It's super cute. Gifts can still fit around under the tree and if the gift is small enough I can put it in one of the train's cars. <xD It's so cute!

Old Posted 10-26-2019, 02:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #473  
Please invite me for Christmas. I've always wanted my gift delivered by toy train.
Old Posted 10-26-2019, 05:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
My family and I stopped putting up a Christmas tree around 2015...
We had a really old, raggedy fake tree that we had since before I was even born.

We finally threw it away after 2014's Christmas...

And we never put up a new once since...

But if I'm being honest, I don't really want a tree anymore anyways.
Each and every year, I was the only one who even gave a damn about the Christmas tree... I usually decorated it myself by the time I was able to walk and stand on a ladder...
And on the off chance that it got put on in time, it would stay there all the way until March or April...
And it was always embarrassing as f*ck to have my friends come over in April and our Christmas tree was still up...
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 10-26-2019, 08:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #475  
That situation always sucks. ;-; When you're the only one who wants to do something among a group of people/the people you live with. >x{ I was the only one who dressed up as a demon for Halloween one year, the only one who wanted to watch scary movies, put on Halloween music and give out the candy I collected while trick-or-treat-ing! >:{ I was frustrated as hell because everyone just vegged out on their phones, ate whatever Halloween cookies I made and stood in their pjs, watching drama shows. >n> So, now I just use Halloween to go shopping for Christmas I guess..ugh. <n< Didn't get to decorate this year either..

@ DbM: <x3 Get an electric toy train big enough to fit jewelry and a CD then! :D They're super cute and stuff!

Old Posted 10-27-2019, 11:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
It's always kind of a bummer when you're really into something and people around you don't really feel the same. :(
I think that's why it feels so good to have understanding and kind friends :D

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-02-2019, 07:28 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #477  
i mean even if people aren't into the same things they should respect that you're into them. i think it's wonderful when people have something/s they're very passionate about, like i get to see their happiness, even if it's secondhand, even if i can't relate.

i have this one very annoying professor who disses everyone else's research interest but his own. makes me look forward to the day i'll pass out of grad school.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 11-08-2019, 12:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
<:/ Yehh, those teachers are the worst. I just drop their classes now. So I don't have to deal with their sh*t. >n>
When I can't do things my way, I just grumble to myself and bite the bullet.
Or, depending on how upset I feel,
I take it upon myself to get it done my way,
even if it means sacrificing time, someone else's money, or getting scolded. Because dammit, >:{ I want happy things!

A little bit of my headstrong aries horns show
when I just bust down the garage door,
HAAAUL out decorations,
De-MAND a fake tree, >x}
Put up some lights outside,
>:D Slap some ribbons everywhere,
maybe a wreath or two,
and deck tha damn halls myself! >:}
Since nobody wanna help,
and since nobody gonna stop me,

Old Posted 11-08-2019, 04:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #479  
that professor ain't a good teacher, man.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 11-11-2019, 01:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Ugh!

I hate teachers like that!
I also hate the school system in general... "grades"??? Like.. wtf?!

If I went on a job hunt and I got 6/10 offers that's pretty damn good.
But 6/10 in school is considered *BARELY* passing?!??! WHAT?!

If I got 85/100 answers on a test correctly... the teacher puts in big, red words "-15"...
Okay... but what about the 85 questions I GOT RIGHT?!!?

I don't like the grading system...
They try to make you "strive for 100%" but pointing out what kids do "wrong" doesn't make me think I'll try for 100%... It's impossible! It's not a realistic goal and I hate that schools try to put a "grade" on students' creativity... and half the shit we learn in school we never need for *real life* anyway >:T

/rantover

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-11-2019, 08:24 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
*picks nose*, first hangout ever, meh?, merskelly metalien, that weird pond