Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #17  
So demanding. T_T Crack the whip on me why don't you?
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 02:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Of course! Big sis has to keep you in line SOME how.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 02:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #19  
I vote for either A or C. :x

And that sounds great!
I like Fate's character creation system. :0

(PS, you two are adorable. And cat-boys make fun pets. x'D )
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Shhh, Worm, don't encourage her!

Also every time I see your username I think of that song Doctor Worm by They Might Be Giants and I chuckle.

Fate is an interesting system. I haven't used it as much as D&D 3.5 or World of Darkness, but I wanted to use something that had all the materials online for free.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 11-15-2017, 07:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #21  
*Does a cute kitty face* Thankies Worm! Yeah, we're pretty fun when we get together. I sit on him, he does what I want, all the fun to be had!
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Ahaha, now all I need is a PhD >:)

And Kitsune, that is the best fun to be had xD

If there is a system that you are more familiar with, I have no preferences.
D&D 3.5, there are no references we can use for it online? ;n;
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 08:30 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #23  
Oh I'm comfortable using Fate or Dungeon World, I was just saying I had used 3.5 MORE. It's a little needlessly complicated for a play by post game anyway, to be honest.

I think I am leaning toward a post-apocalyptic world which Fate lends itself well to anyway. .

Old Posted 11-15-2017, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Oh, oh, I see. :3

That sounds good to me~!
Let me poke Spider and see what they think. <3
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 08:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #25  
*is thoroughly poked into noticing* So, it seems we are going with post-Apocalyptic, which I am just fine with! So we are doing that method through the Fate thing then? I've never used it before, but I am well-acquainted with 3.5, though it's been a minute because the group I most recently went with made the switch to Pathfinder, but they're close enough I could get that done regardless. I have my own dice but if it's more trustworthy to do it online or something I'm game for that as well.

Mekatra, would you be a dm of sorts then I assume?
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Fate uses fudge dice, and I certainly don't mind if you want to use yours if you have them or an online set. I trust you guys to be honest about your rolls. It really makes it more fun if you fail every once in a while.

Yes, I would be providing the world around you guys, challenges and NPCs. Which of course means I will be chasing your characters around as you gleefully ignore any actual story hooks I throw out and instead go twiddling off into unexpected areas.

Old Posted 11-15-2017, 09:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #27  
Oh yes, the dm's struggles are real! I'll be sure to make it exceedingly difficult for you! So is it just a website or what? Do we make characters on there? I've never done it over this medium before so it's an entirely new experience for me!
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Weee~ That sounds like so much fun x'D
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #29  
Okay so to make characters you'll just need to fill this out.

Character Name:
Description:

High Concept Aspect: Aspect Info Here
Trouble:

Skills: Skill Info here. Default Skill List here

You can choose One:
One Great (+4) skill
Two Good (+3) skills
Three Fair (+2) skills
Four Average (+1) skills

Supurb (+5) -
Great (+4) -
Good (+3) -
Fair (+2) -
Average (+1) -

Stunts: (You get three stunts for free. If you want more than three you will have to deal with more consequences to be able to use them. You can find example stunts in the in depth descriptions of the skill list.)

Extras: (We'll worry about everything beyond this point in actual gameplay. It's just here so we'll have it.)

Physical Stress:
Mental Stress:

Consequences:

For your information about the world for your character building:
An accidental meltdown of a nuclear reactor during a visit by a foreign dignitary caused an international scandal, which eventually lead to a war. Things spread as more nations got involved and eventually much of the world was left a wasteland. What is left of humanity has gathered in camp-like cities where things are starting to finally begin again. The first generation of survivors have managed to create shakey stability, but the second generation now in the late teens and early adult years have started showing odd traits. Some of them have mysterious abilities have been met with hatred and those found having these powers are occasionally faced with branding, imprisonment or banishment. In the wild wastes between the cities thousands of dangers, but also all the treasures of the old world, remain buried just waiting to be discovered.

The major Camp Cities:

Advent Harbor- Near the ocean, now a terrifyingly dangerous place of monstrous creatures and ghostly remains of old ships.

Sevinia - Religious based, known for having very harsh rules and being stingy traders.

Camp Hope- The first of the city camps to be established. It was built off of a military bunker and has the biggest population. More diverse than most.

Grand Gardens- A fairly new location. The inhabitants tend to be quick to violence.

There are many others that haven't been mapped, pockets of humanity hidden away.

Where are you from? Are you a first generation survivor or were you born into this world? How have you survived so far? What abilities are you known for? Are you blazing to go out and explore this world or would you rather stay in the relative safety of your camp?

Old Posted 11-15-2017, 10:11 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
So I feel I should mention that I have a policy with my DMing. If you claim it, you must explain it. I am willing to let you get away with quite a lot of craziness IF you have a convincing and logical reason behind it.

Old Posted 11-15-2017, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Default   #31  
I enjoy that policy in dming, so it's perfectly okay with me! Ideally, I'll be creating my character tonight. If not, tomorrow after this shitshow of homework that is due is completed. Using the aforementioned sites, do we just post our character's info here then?
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 10:24 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I suppose I should make us a proper OOC for everyone to post their character sheet in and such. No huge rush, this is meant to be fun, not stressful.

You should be able to find all the information that you need on the Fate site, but if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message either here or a PM at any time.

Old Posted 11-15-2017, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote