Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #2417  
So... tired...

So very, very tired.

I haven't slept well in a couple days and it's messing with my head. I'm struggling to stay focused at work and I'm falling behind.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-20-2024, 01:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Ember's BooBaby.<3
Migrating arthritis is kicking my ass atm :’)

Jessica | 32 | Gemini | LINY
Current Aurum: 1515
Old Posted 03-22-2024, 11:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2419  
the back of my phone is separating from the rest of it. not good. possible battery swelling.
ughghgh. i'm gonna have to port so many cat photos to my laptop.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 04-01-2024, 12:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
I've never heard of that, Stabbsworth. I just learned something new. Really hoping the best for your phone, they can be expensive to replace.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-01-2024, 05:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #2421  
Forgot to pack a lunch before work, and Doordash is too expensive to justify the cost of food delivery. Sooo, I'll get through these next 5 hours of work with a grumpy tummy. Einstein Bagels will solve that problem.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-07-2024, 01:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I've never heard of that, Stabbsworth. I just learned something new. Really hoping the best for your phone, they can be expensive to replace.
planning to go for something refurbished so that i can get it a good bit cheaper. i need the touchscreen to do my work for the site while i have a small desk. i do have a screen tablet, but not enough space proper to have it set up all the time, and i know how to set it up, it's just a right bloody pain to do so.

i've gotten the cat photos and videos off my phone, thankfully. currently using dropbox as a medium to store them, i'll need to grab them from there.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 04-08-2024, 04:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #2423  
It's times like these we can be thankful for alternative and convenient storage options. I've never had a refurbished phone, however my first laptop was refurbished. It lasted a few years at least, and did what I needed it to do most of the time. Which models are you looking at?
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-11-2024, 11:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ugh. I feel trapped into a promise and idk how to kind of...go back on I guess?
So, friend, honestly just trying to be nice, says he and his wife are looking to buy a house in town and ask me, if they find a place that has an adjoining apartment situation (separate entrance and all that), if I'd move in. And adds that they'd charge me a lot less than my current rent.
It's a good deal and I get along fine with both of them, so I agree.
It's still probably a long way off because they're first having his father-in-law move in, bit after he passes, it's open for me.
Buuuut....they place they ended up getting isn’t really "in" town. It's more town adjacent by the airport. Which would be fine if I had a car, but I don't. So to be independent at all, I'd basically have to walk 2-4 hours, mostly along the highway to get anywhere. And also the apartment area doesn't have a kitchen at all....
Ugh.

Tldr; stressing about a hopefully distant future, which may or may not even come to pass...
Old Posted 04-11-2024, 05:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #2425  
Kaderin, is there a way you can save for some type of vehicle that won't require insurance? If an electric stand up scooter or electric bike is a possibility in your area, would that be passable for transportation? You could get a bike rear basket attachment, just need to make sure it's compatible with the electric bike.

I understand having to walk so many miles. I used to have to walk over 4 miles home from school every day in all types of weather along a busy highway or dark back road, and my legs were my only reliable transportation.

I really hope affordable housing becomes more widely available across the U.S.
This whole situation for working class people, and now even people with degrees, is just ridiculous.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-11-2024, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Currently, due to rent being almost 50% of my monthly income + credit card debt because 20's me thought I could keep it under control, doesn't leave enough money after food and cat supplies for another big bill.
Old Posted 04-11-2024, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #2427  
Try to find a place that costs less than your current one and keep looking. I know it's hard to find anywhere that allows pets. Also see if they'll work with you on the deposit. Never stop looking. Also, whatever the difference is in what you're earning vs what you'd be saving on your current rent, put directly towards your credit card payments. Pay more than the minimum amount. If you want any advice, my inbox is open.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-12-2024, 01:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Excuse me while I laugh uncontrollably until I cry.
Rent and housing prices are basically skyrocketing here. There is literally no such thing as a cheaper place that allows pets. Believe me, I check occasionally. Unless I want the discomfort and anxiety of roommates, I'm screwed.
Also...fun little note. Most rental companies in town want your income to be 2-3x their cost of rent. Which basically means I'd need to work a part time job on top of my current full time job in order to qualify.

Ah, yeah....I don't need financial advice thx. I pay more than min when I can, but it's rarely feasible unless I want to starve.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 04-12-2024 at 12:22 PM.
Old Posted 04-12-2024, 12:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #2429  
I'm not out of touch with the housing crisis, it's the same problem where I live. I have 3 roommates but it affords me a better quality of life and allows me to build my savings. My credit is over 800, and my inbox is still open if you want advice on how to get yourself out of debt.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-14-2024, 04:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah, I'd rather live on my own and take longer to pay down my debt, but have better mental health than to live with people I don't trust though and be paranoid and miserable.
And like I said before, no thanks, I'm good. I know how to get out of debt already and I already work at it.
Old Posted 04-14-2024, 09:51 PM Reply With Quote