Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #17  
about the only site i can't actually work for currently is voltra due to an exclusivity agreement instated by pantheon online. which i'm pretty much fine with, since i don't actually get paid in anything except RLC. last time it was bc they needed the money to keep the servers running and keep a backup portion of money just in case, so i outright said no to being paid.

also i'm p sure espy uses they/them? i haven't really checked with them for some time now bc i haven't seen them around very much.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 07-22-2022, 01:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
aye, yeah. i've noticed that there's been virtually no avatar contests since glitch died, which is through no fault of her own or anyone else's fault, i'm just guessing that the person that used to do those either no longer feels like doing them or is on an extended hiatus.

i could theoretically start that up until the person that originally did the avi contests comes back, but at the same time, i don't have a lot of items to give.
It's not necessarily that she doesn't feel like doing it -- I believe Glitch supplied most, if not all, of the prizes. And yes, they/them.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Last edited by Espy; 07-22-2022 at 04:54 AM.
Old Posted 07-22-2022, 04:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
It's not necessarily that she doesn't feel like doing it -- I believe Glitch supplied most, if not all, of the prizes. And yes, they/them.
oh, yeah, that makes sense.

i can theoretically supply prizes but the items are still going through revision / review atm.

at the very least, avatar contests would provide an incentive for users to change avatars from time to time, and for items that aren't commonly used to get some form of use.

Old Posted 07-22-2022, 06:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Most companies are like that, when I worked as a Newbie Guide for Odins Quest, we got paid in currency which was fine with me.

Ah, sorry about that, Espy. I just always thought you were a female so she/her. It's confusing with most folks these days unless they say otherwise.

Then again, I tell folks use whatever - her/she, he/him, they/them. Not gonna hurt my feelings one bit. Maybe cause I honestly not even sure what my gender really is? lol, born female but was really raised liking male things which for the 80s/90s, a girl playing with trucks or liking Voltron or TMNT was probably considered weird by most parents but my folks didn't give two rat asses. If I wanted a fking hot wheels, they bought me the hot wheels, if I wanted a Barbie, I got a Barbie.

Mean being trans, etc was considered huge nos back then. I remember in 2000s, a really good friend came to me and said she was bi. I was like, cool, I'm totally fine with that. Doesn't make her any less of a person cause she likes both males/females, had another friend admit it as well after being a gifted a valentine duck on Habbo which was actually pretty cute till he started using all the ducks to scare our other friend and I had to remove all the ducks and throw his back at him. XD fun times..

Only problem for me, really, I gave almost all my items to my ex to get art so I kind of don't have a really huge invo anymore and I don't think she would give them back now, lol. And I don't really want to pester staff since pretty sure since I gave her the items of my own free will *she didn't log on and take them, etc*, there's probably nothing that can be done so really, I'm kind of stuck with this avatar unless lots of items get released which is another thing that probably will need addressed since lots of items are now on inactive accounts which means most older items will be high in demand.

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Old Posted 07-22-2022, 09:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #21  
aye, yeah. i think there was something about potentially recoloring some more recent event items (possibly from 2020, at the very least), though if the ones that are currently going through review do make it in for an event, they're always available to be used whenever.

think there's a backlog of items in review, pretty much just need to wait for it to get done. ik the person that's supposed to do the item review stuff isn't feeling great. i can't say much more than that due to privacy concerns. they've definitely posted abt it in a thread before, though -- i don't want any blame assigned to them and i do not speak in any official capacity considering i just do the art and none of the tech stuff or mod stuff, haha.

Old Posted 07-22-2022, 10:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
It's not about recoloring past items.

Eventually going to run into supply and demand where past items will be wanted by new users. Every website has it, I remember trying to track past items down and it being a nightmare.

Well, as said, don't need to rush to get items or an event up. Focus on getting the site up to scratch for starters. I don't mind aiding with new games, etc. I'm learning to build games via HTML, Python and Phaser. Actually trying to build a little game about a mouse trying to avoid cats while collecting cheese but yea, I don't mind volunteering in that department or story writing/ideas for an event.

Mind shall warn, as soon as my PVG comes through, I will be undergoing training for a new job so not sure what hours I will have. XD

Actually found more than I thought I had left in my invo. Might move some stuff to old Dawnie and give her a better outfit since I don't think I will be changing this avatar that much. Just small tweaks if I find something that looks better on it.

My Father, Daniel.

Last edited by Chloe; 07-22-2022 at 06:44 PM.
Old Posted 07-22-2022, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
oh, yeah, that makes sense.

i can theoretically supply prizes but the items are still going through revision / review atm.

at the very least, avatar contests would provide an incentive for users to change avatars from time to time, and for items that aren't commonly used to get some form of use.
The contests surely motivated me to use items I don't normally use. xD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 07-22-2022, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
It's not about recoloring past items.

Eventually going to run into supply and demand where past items will be wanted by new users. Every website has it, I remember trying to track past items down and it being a nightmare.

Well, as said, don't need to rush to get items or an event up. Focus on getting the site up to scratch for starters. I don't mind aiding with new games, etc. I'm learning to build games via HTML, Python and Phaser. Actually trying to build a little game about a mouse trying to avoid cats while collecting cheese but yea, I don't mind volunteering in that department or story writing/ideas for an event.

Mind shall warn, as soon as my PVG comes through, I will be undergoing training for a new job so not sure what hours I will have. XD

Actually found more than I thought I had left in my invo. Might move some stuff to old Dawnie and give her a better outfit since I don't think I will be changing this avatar that much. Just small tweaks if I find something that looks better on it.
aye, yeah, but it means people can have something that's similar to a past item while still being a bit different. of course, this runs into the issue of potential elitism, though i've never seen that sort of behaviour on the site.

i got really lucky with getting some past items from the item exchange. there's not a lot of that stuff in there, unfortunately, which makes getting it hard, plus the amount of crane game items in there makes it difficult to get anything that isn't a crane game item.

once i get the entirety of the shop catalogue into my inventory via legit means (i mean by earning aurum and buying it), i'm definitely planning to chuck any expensive and spare shop items i can buy into it as a surprise. :P

if you want to apply for the coding team, i think you'd have to contact either toho or coda on that front, i'm pretty sure one of them handles applications for that. idk if you'll get accepted, but it'd be nice to get some more games up on the site tbh.

Old Posted 07-22-2022, 08:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #25  
Both of us handle them together.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-22-2022, 08:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
I use to donate back when I worked so got most of my items that way through, now I try to earn aurum to get it. Sometimes wish we had a small market feature.

And yea, I have tons of crane items but also seem to see spares of past event items.

Think was mentioned they weren't looking to hire anyone else at the moment and it would be only if needed. I have a 1st class degree and Masters in Computer Games Designing so yea, just would be nice to have some small projects on the side for my portfolio since actually going into full time caring, so will be getting qualifications in that as well since creating games can be very expensive - asset wise.

My Father, Daniel.

Last edited by Chloe; 07-22-2022 at 08:26 PM.
Old Posted 07-22-2022, 08:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #27  
aye, yeah, figured you both would handle it together since the both of you do the code.

dappervolk's pretty much fallen right off the curve in terms of playerbase. i don't see many people on pantheon online at all, and voltra seems to be the only other active avi site other than gaia. i think everskies still exists, and is definitely still active, but i'm not touching that one with a ten-foot pole, and i'm not touching recolor.me either.

Old Posted 07-22-2022, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
I know Zantarni.com is still somewhat active.

Other than that, think the rest of the sites I use to go on are gone. Oh, Subeta.org kind of has an avatar side to it. I really don't do much avatar wise there, my main focus is usually my hoard of pets..

My Father, Daniel.

Old Posted 07-22-2022, 08:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #29  
reason why i haven't made an account on zantarni is bc of the lack of https. they're still doing stuff on there, as evidenced by premium item releases.

Old Posted 07-22-2022, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Gothic Princess
Oh dear.. would of thought Blaze would of changed that. *coughs, is it bad I'm fb friends with the owner of the site..*

but I haven't logged on there for years.

Probably glanced at Voltra ages ago but decided I wasn't joining anywhere else. It's daunting enough trying to find my way around Gaia after years of hiatus. Surprised I found my way around Neopets cause I have quite a bad memory at times but kid you not, I can go to like Irvine, Kilmarnock, Paisley or Glasgow and literally don't need to ask for directions, I'm off like a tracking beacon to where I need to go.

My Father, Daniel.

Old Posted 07-22-2022, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #31  
I'm shocked Menewsha's up at all at this point. Voltra was down when I checked as well but I think it's just temporary.

I haven't heard of pantheon before. Also i know plenty of artists who work from phones/tablets. Its not something I can do, I need a big workspace, but there are some talented artists who do it. my S/O is one of them lol.

I need a drawing tablet and a big screen i can look it, those screened tablets are a dream but they cost so much...

I used to draw with a mouse but now I can't lol.
Razz | Pansexual | 30 | Genderfluid (She/He/They)!

Hooked on Final Fantasy XIV!
Old Posted 07-22-2022, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
shrugs. you might be able to bother her abt it, but i don't know her personally so it'd be weird for me to come up to her and be like 'i was thinking of getting an account here but there's no https'.

also voltra is up now.

Old Posted 07-23-2022, 12:03 AM Reply With Quote