Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #6193  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I'd say "go do those dishes!"...but I'm pretty guilty of doing that myself. XP

Did find out that the apartment laundry room is back to coin-op. So I'll be attempting to tackle laundry mountain tomorrow. Fingers crossed that no one else wants to do laundry then...>.>

Haven't done much crafting lately. It's just been too hot here still.
LOL Mind you, when I look at a sink of dirty dishses, it's usually about five pieces of stuff, and I can still see the bottom of the sink clearly.

What was it when it wasn't coin? Did they try bringing in those laundry cards? And yeah... at the place I lived in before it was hard to find a time to get the machines. Which is why I'm working through hangups about doing laundry here, where it's easy to get the machines.

Awww. Hot here too (for the area), but I have a really good fan. And windows the neighbours can't see into. I think I nearly have that morel mushroom done!

I also think the heat is giving me minor neuralgia. My fingers and toes and hands and feet tingle and sometimes sting.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-03-2022, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
For a while we had Bluetooth ones but the app for them only had like 1.2 stars out of 5 and was FULL of reviews basically saying that the app stole their money and "customer service" if/when they could even get through basically just said "tough shot guess you've lost money". So I didn't trust it and have been doing laundry in a tub in my bathroom for the last few years.

Ah...tingling doesn't sound good.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 09-04-2022 at 12:24 AM.
Old Posted 09-03-2022, 11:28 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #6195  
The heat's bad here, too, but I'm doing ok. xD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 09-03-2022, 11:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Update to the laundry machines...after getting $15 in quarters yesterday, I have discovered that the machines are actually set up so you only need the quarters to activate them, but you get the quarters back. I don't know who got them set up like that, but if it wasn't the landlord, I'm content with not mentioning it. Especially since after raising my rent by I think around $110 last year, they just gave notice that they're raising it by another $150 this year. So basically between summer 2021 and fall 2022, my rent will have gone up by over $250. So free laundry? Hell yeah I'm gonna use that as much as I can!

Only downside is my excessive collection of quarters now. lol
Old Posted 09-04-2022, 10:54 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6197  
Ugh, that app's even worse than the "smart card" system the old place used for awhile. We've got laundry cards at the new place too, but they don't seem to give trouble.
Man. It's hard as heck to find somewhere liveable and affordable here, but a thing I read said that I'm actually living in like one of the easiest spots to find somewhere to live!

Kitty, yes, but you're used to higher temps, right? It never used to get into the 30sC here. There aren't very many places with AC, or with anywhere to install it, even.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-04-2022, 11:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
went to a bbq that my older bro was hosting. got to see the niece. she's very hyperactive, though at least she doesn't scream as often now.

she's quite a nice girl once you get to know her.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 09-05-2022, 08:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6199  
In other, laundry-related, news. Derpy got a bath (aka: a ride in the spinning water cylinder of doom!) so here's a cute pic of him drying off in his chair.
Old Posted 09-05-2022, 02:13 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
A lot of nieces are like that.

Awww, Derpy. Around here they've done something to the water that takes the colour out of stuff, so I've been hand washing all my hand made dresses and skirts so as to keep them out of that water as much as possible.

Lord willing I and a friend will be going to a local doll show on Sunday. I'm hoping to find hair or clothes for a couple of the dolls.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-06-2022, 11:45 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #6201  
That's really awesome. I admire people who can knit and croquet a lot.
Old Posted 09-07-2022, 08:23 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I crochet, and I still sometimes can't believe I make those dolls.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 09-07-2022, 12:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6203  
Decided today is a good day to tackle a wip that's been in my closet for...too many years now. It won't be finished today, but I hope to get at least a few more rows done on it.

It's probably about 1/3 done currently.
Old Posted 09-11-2022, 12:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
I crochet, and I still sometimes can't believe I make those dolls.
It's a good skill to have. You'll be fine for clothes as long as theirs wool or cord. :3

@ Kaderin Triste; Look at those colors! :D
Old Posted 09-11-2022, 01:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6205  
It is a gorgeous striped yarn! I'm actually super addicted to yarns with pretty stripes and gradients in them and I have to really try hard to not spend all money on them.
Old Posted 09-11-2022, 01:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
It is a gorgeous striped yarn! I'm actually super addicted to yarns with pretty stripes and gradients in them and I have to really try hard to not spend all money on them.
Haha, ya I've known a few people with the same problem. Once you learn how to knit/croquet it's a common one. I got some black and purple one's for myself. Going to try wefting them in the style of fur for a Cosplay I'm redoing.
Old Posted 09-11-2022, 05:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6207  
Yeah...part of my embarrassingly large yarn stash actually was actually gonna go towards making a big blanket for a friend and his wife as a (late) wedding present...but they decided to end the friendship before I had even started it. So like 10 or so yarn cakes that I have are from that (idk...may make the blanket anyway just because). But I have no excuse for most of the rest of my yarns other than no self control. I am trying to be better and only buy essential yarns and also am giving yarns I don't think I'll probably use much anymore to friends who actually want them. Eventually I need to go back through the stash and just purge it though. I'm sure there's still quite a few that I'm hanging on to that I'm not actually going to use anymore.

Ah, good luck! I hope the wefting goes well and the yarn works for it. Good color combo.
Old Posted 09-11-2022, 05:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Yeah...part of my embarrassingly large yarn stash actually was actually gonna go towards making a big blanket for a friend and his wife as a (late) wedding present...but they decided to end the friendship before I had even started it. So like 10 or so yarn cakes that I have are from that (idk...may make the blanket anyway just because). But I have no excuse for most of the rest of my yarns other than no self control. I am trying to be better and only buy essential yarns and also am giving yarns I don't think I'll probably use much anymore to friends who actually want them. Eventually I need to go back through the stash and just purge it though. I'm sure there's still quite a few that I'm hanging on to that I'm not actually going to use anymore.

Ah, good luck! I hope the wefting goes well and the yarn works for it. Good color combo.
Always good to do a purge of the old before bringing in more. I wish my mom would see that.

I save my Cosplay stuff for Thursdays after my Washday Wednesday so the area is nice and free of dust.
Old Posted 09-11-2022, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote