Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #6385  
Yeah, that head was adorable, and I could see wht you meant with it.

I spoke to someone at the bank, but she hasn't even turned off the overdraft thing yet. I figured out where the big fees on the savings came from, though, and it was based on their error in attaching the savings to the debit card without telling me and then the debit taking money from the savings when I said chequing.

Working on a baby monster in the colours of the local hockey team now. It's for a market friend to give to her son for Christmas.

Kaderin, could you email me? I can't remember which email is yours, and I want to send you those dragon pics you asked for.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 12-05-2022, 11:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
One of my sibs asked if they could crash on my couch on the 23rd (because they're getting in a day early and they'd rather not spend that much time on their own with our dad...which I totally get) which has sent my brain into panic overload because tbh my apartment isn't that clean because...my brain sucks. And probably depression. So now I wanna shut down and do nothing when in reality what I need to do is calmly work on getting things clean while also prioritizing the plushie since it has the earlier deadline.

O.o Wow. That's really messed up! Glad you figured it out and hopefully it'll be straightened out!

Ah...I sent you a pm on here with my email because I don't remember which one I used prior so I couldn't find your email to send you one. lol
Old Posted 12-06-2022, 11:29 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6387  
Okay doky! Thanks!
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 12-06-2022, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher

Finished Dratini! (Well...it needs it's second head fin, but I'll have it done in like 15 minutes...) Need to figure out better internal wire options as 3 pipe cleaners/chenille stems twisted together are apparently not strong enough to do anything. But hopefully the person it's for overlooks the flaws... >.>
Ngl, I'm really second guessing my decision to make this as a secret Santa gift, but it's too late to buy anything since the gift exchange is this Friday. xP
All I can do is either double-down on this and try to also make a shiny version of Dratini for them or stick with just this one and add some snacks. Or do both.
Old Posted 12-14-2022, 02:07 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6389  
I vote snacks. And the dolly is beautiful. You could stick in a coupon for a shiny, maybe?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 12-15-2022, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Too late, shiny Dratini is in progress already and (hopefully) will be finished tonight.
But also picking up snacks to add after work.

Finished shiny Dratini late last night. The person loves them. Yay!
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 12-16-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Old Posted 12-15-2022, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6391  
Cute cute cute!

Sorry, had a very busy weekend, and now I think Hurricane Flo's kicking me in the head on top of the after effect of working my butt off. heh

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 12-20-2022, 06:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Awww...hope you feel better!

And no worries. I've been spacing out on sites a lot more now that the holidays are almost here. Just gotta survive Christmas.
Also am stressing because this morning my dad sent me $100 through paypal...no note, no text, nothing saying what it's for. I assume it's my Christmas present, but it could also be an attempt at getting me to tell him when I'm off work, though I already have my ride up to his place figured out so I don't need anyone to come get me.
xP
Old Posted 12-21-2022, 08:57 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6393  
Surviving... yeah, that's what I'm praying for. One neighbour parties all night. Another feels it's too cold to go outside to smoke and so shares his weed smoke with me. And I'm so overwhelmed that watching a Twitch stream and chatting can fry me.

Custard's wrapped in a blanket with her cookie, sitting with the other kids in my bedroom.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 12-21-2022, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Hey everyone.

First I wanted to comment on those adorable lil crochet critters, they are so cute!

I dabble in a lot of crafty things. A jack of all trades, master of none lol. My grandma showed me very basic crochet, I can make a scarf and some wash clothes. That's about it. I mean, in theory I could probably make a blanket too it'd just be the most simplest pattern and take a lot of yarn.

I really enjoy crafting though when I find the time and especially making gifts for loved ones as presents for birthdays, holidays, ect.

I've dabbled in jewelry, painting & paint pouring, dream catchers, mobiles, crochet, resin, candles, candle holders, metal tooling, wood burning, floral arrangements and probably more things than I can think of. I can also do basic sewing and stitching for things like pillows and pouches. I made an outfit in highschool for one my dances but that was many years ago and I had a lot of help from the home ec. teacher.

I haven't really had a lot of time to craft over the last couple of years but it's definitely something I still do from time to time and wish I could put more time into. I have a few projects lined up for gifts this next coming year.
Old Posted 12-22-2022, 12:08 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6395  
Blankets and scarves are things I can't do. I just lose track and wander off. I need the challenge of the shaping of amigrumi.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 12-22-2022, 03:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Hey, Dalhanahue! Welcome! Always nice to have another crafter in the thread!

The critters (pokemon lol) are actually loom knit, not crochet. I only wish I could crochet. There are a billion more patterns available for it. But I have tried multiple times and it just isn't for me.

Tam: Awww...good that Custard is staying warm! Sorry that your neighbors kinda suck though. That's never fun to deal with.
Old Posted 12-22-2022, 04:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #6397  
Tam: I could understand that and get what you're say but feel kind of the opposite lol I really enjoy getting into a rhythmic trance almost of repetitive motion. I might occasionally lose count but can always just recount when that happens.

Kaderin: Thanks for the welcome! Ohh, okay. I've never tried using a loom before or traditional knitting at all for that matter but either way the results are super cute.

I've a friend who can knit and crochet like... it's just ridiculous that woman could make anything. I have seen a lot of cool patterns though from her for both crochet and knitting. While I occasionally enjoy what little bit of crochet I can do, it's not something that really calls to me often, you know what I mean?
Old Posted 12-27-2022, 12:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Personally, I think knitting looms are easier to learn, but traditional needle knitting has more versatility in the long run.

And yeah,I totally get that, I definitely have a priority tier list for my crafts and hobbies.
Old Posted 12-27-2022, 04:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #6399  
I could see that, looms being a bit easier to pick up and work with at first.
Old Posted 12-27-2022, 04:35 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Ah yeah, see. My brain's a little special, and I have a heck of a time figuring out how to count rows. I think I would love to try doing some fancy stitches, but affording yarn's a problem. Especially when I forget to tell kind yarn suppliers my new address and the resulting box of fluffy goodness goes MIA.

I would, however, LOVE to find a Tunesian crochet/knitting hook. That just looks like such a fun stitch to do.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 12-27-2022, 08:44 PM Reply With Quote