Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #6353  
Oh man...I love cheesecake! Yum!
Old Posted 11-15-2022, 03:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I don't wanna be leaving Florida in three sleeps. I like it here, and I actually feel safe enough to be truly me for once.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-16-2022, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6355  
Kaderine, they are nummy little cheesecakes. Pear ones and lime ones.

Den, *much sympathy*
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-16-2022, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Not a huge fan of pear, but still sounds good. I do love lime though! Yum!
Old Posted 11-16-2022, 08:16 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6357  
Pear and salted caramel, and Miao knows what to do with the stuff (I'm basing this off little cheesecakes I had at the farmers market where I work). :D The lime one has lime curd on it.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-16-2022, 10:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Sounds delicious!

And....uuuuugh. Decided I don't love how my mitered square temperature blanket is coming together...so I'm gonna frog all 16 finished squares and start over.
xP
Decided that even though it'll be more tedious, instead of making the squares attached as I go, I want to just make them all individually and then sew them together. So that's fun.
I'll be working up my color chart for the rows (so I know what order they go in when I'm ready to sew) tonight and starting to remake the squares over the weekend. Also gonna try to finish a dragon that most of the parts are made for since I did finally find a small yarn needle the other night too.
If I can just get myself inspired to work on stuff...
Old Posted 11-18-2022, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6359  
I'm back in Iowa. slept a bit on the plane, came home after stopping for lunch, slept a few more hours. my legs are seriously fucked.

Quote:
Old Posted 11-18-2022, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
*sympathy for both of you, but had too much garlicky delicious eggplant dip and am feeling it too much for good convo*

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-19-2022, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6361  
Awwww. Feel better, Tam!

And you too, Den! Hope the legs recover quickly!

Have officially started frogging and remaking my mitered squares for my temperature blanket. Ngl, it's really frustrating to be starting over again, but I think I'll make more progress this way. Already have 2 squares redone.
Plus, I was having some issues with the shape of the squares (and attaching them evenly) when I was attaching while making them that I can take care of better making them separately.

Also still need to work on assembling plushies. xP
Lots to do, but not much time to do it. Not that these have a deadline, but if I want to start selling the plushies, I should get a small stock built up.
The blanket is just for me though, so while I would like to finish it in the next 3-6 months, it's not crucial that it be done in that time frame.
Old Posted 11-21-2022, 11:28 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Thanks, Kaderin. :)

Had idli tonight. My employer bought them for me and explained that they needed steaming. It was so easy, and they warmed up so beautifully (yapping about food because apparently right now I can't go into the kitchen sometimes without tinkering, so it's a hobby, right?).

The day started with going downtown to mail the baby mushrooms for the UK lady. Then I walked home with a good dose of ow because I was carrying a two litre bottle of cranberry juice in a cross body bag and another two litre of V8 in my arms. And my shoulder still hates me for all the setting up and taking down that I assisted with this weekend (which started on Friday). After I got home I vegged with a book, napped, felt blah, glued googly eyes on another baby mushroom, and then grabbed some fluffy purple yarn and made a second baby purple people eater. Because the yarn was fat, it was fast, and I changed the pattern so there was nothing at all to sew.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-21-2022, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6363  
Hell yeah, cooking and/or testing food things is a hobby!

Ouch, that's a lot of weight to carry.

And awww....fuzzy purple monster!

In my news...discovered that a local store has changed a lot since I was there last and they have a ton of stuff I didn't know we could get here. So I picked up a few spices and a tea at their by the oz spice bar, grabbed a persimmon (which I think was too ripe tbh so I didn't care much for it), and also a purple yam. Which I have heard of but never seen before. Idk how I want to cook it for eating yet, but I was curious.

And for crafts, gonna try to finish a third blanket square tonight. And possibly get the other squares taken apart and wound into mini cakes so they're ready to be remade.
Old Posted 11-22-2022, 01:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
legs are doing better. I think a good chunk of it was just me not being able to put my feet up properly for over a week, combined with doing a LOT of walking when alternate means of getting around weren't available.

Quote:
Old Posted 11-23-2022, 01:08 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6365  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
legs are doing better. I think a good chunk of it was just me not being able to put my feet up properly for over a week, combined with doing a LOT of walking when alternate means of getting around weren't available.
Glad you're feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Hell yeah, cooking and/or testing food things is a hobby!

Ouch, that's a lot of weight to carry.

And awww....fuzzy purple monster!

In my news...discovered that a local store has changed a lot since I was there last and they have a ton of stuff I didn't know we could get here. So I picked up a few spices and a tea at their by the oz spice bar, grabbed a persimmon (which I think was too ripe tbh so I didn't care much for it), and also a purple yam. Which I have heard of but never seen before. Idk how I want to cook it for eating yet, but I was curious.

And for crafts, gonna try to finish a third blanket square tonight. And possibly get the other squares taken apart and wound into mini cakes so they're ready to be remade.
I'm tempted to try this recipe I saw online that makes idli from canned chickpeas. Not sure it could taste as good, but it might be a step to learning the real thing.

Persimmons are supposed to be pretty much DRINKABLE when they're ripe enough. And for the purple sweet potato (envy I has, yesss), I recommend washing it, cutting it into cubes, and cooking it with rice. It's a Japanese recipe. They sprinkle it with black sesame seeds and something else.

Yup. I'll see about showing a picture of baby monster the second when I can see without flashes of light.

Today's hobby activity was buying two bags of dolls of various sorts from the thrift stores I went to with a friend. Actually... I bought the groceries and craft supplies (future baby people eaters are going to have binkies instead of the watermelon smile, and a sparkle sticker for their horn buds), and my friend bought me all the dolls for Christmas. O.O

And I still need to rehome some of the dolls I already had, because I realize they're not really talking to me, so to speak.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-24-2022, 12:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean...I don't have rice. Or black sesame seeds. And I'm not going to the store for groceries probably before it's gonna go bad (and the only store I can get to easily on foot doesn't carry sesame seeds at all.) So that's probably not gonna happen. Tbh, I'm lazy so I'll probably just bake it up like a normal sweet potato. Compare the flavors and all that. xP
Old Posted 11-24-2022, 05:37 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6367  
There is no compare between the flavours. :D

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-24-2022, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Hmmmm....roasted it up and had it for dinner. Just gonna say....it was good, but it didn't really blow my mind like I was led to believe it would. It was good and I'd probably buy some for other cooking, like the rice dish you mentioned, but I don't know. In the end it's just a variety of sweet potato. And one that's hard to find and is more expensive than just buying a normal sweet potato or yam.
Old Posted 11-26-2022, 12:34 PM Reply With Quote