Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Zombie Platypus
Default   #17  
Currently, I'm writing a non-fictinoal narrative essay for my English Honors class based on the topic of doing what's right, even if you are scared to, how it takes courage to do the right things at times basically.

My essay is going to be from my perspective as a transsexual and how it took me a lot of courage to come out and defy my parents in their wishes for me. How in the end I had to do what's right for me instead of them.

Then when I'm done with this thing, I'm going back to working on my short story. XD Then when winter break comes...I'm gonna start my novel! Which I am super excited about! Whoo!

But yeah, I mostly write fictional stories of the realistic sort. :) I enjoy writing non-fiction as well, but I tend to do it for school only.
Old Posted 12-16-2010, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Last time I wrote a fiction story for my creative writing class, I almost got kicked out of the class because of the plot :)

But they still kept me in the class because it was a free for all topic so they can't blame me for the main plot of the story.

I actually had to cut it down to "school" appropriateness. But the things I cut out are what made the story so amazing and erotic XD

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 12-16-2010, 02:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #19  
My creative writing teacher is pretty open about what you write about. As long as it doesn't glorify violence or drug use she doesn't really care what you say.
Old Posted 12-17-2010, 02:49 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Mine was about a male student discovering himself in realizing that he is happy being gay

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 12-17-2010, 02:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Sorcerer of Revelation
Default   #21  
I have this horrible habit of circulating my stories around brutal murder and/or death. Since I'm a fan of classic mystery, Dine's 7th.
Let it be known that the Daitarn is the coolest thing since ever.
Head of the Senate of Magical Beings
ahaha.wav
Nikko Was Here. <3 <3
Axion is planning something. . . . .
Old Posted 12-17-2010, 04:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
I'm in the midst of working on two fantasy novels at the moment along with some horror short fiction. Though it's been a little while I also like to write poetry.
Old Posted 12-20-2010, 11:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Woo, Graduated High School
Default   #23  
Currently; I'm in the middle of a few different books. Many roleplays that I wish I could expand on my parts and turn into books. I've finished one book, but I'll never get it published as it was more to write for myself than anyone else. I finished it when I was in highschool.
I enjoy writing poems and make up songs at work when I get bored.
Which happens quite a lot actually.
Your words hurt.
I'm human too, can't you see?
Not some stone statue with an iron heart.
I'm flesh and bone.
Just looking for a home.
Looking at the world behind glass eyes.
Bringing myself to the surface.
Past is past.
Scars are just marks of battles won.
Yet your words reopen old wounds.
I'm bleeding to death behind this icy exterior.
Throw on that fake smile and push through the day.
I'm human too... Why do you treat me like I'm nothing?
Old Posted 12-20-2010, 11:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Sorcerer of Revelation
Well now, methinks that I should start working on some poetry again, I'm on a bit of a block with my story, and that tends to help out.
Let it be known that the Daitarn is the coolest thing since ever.
Head of the Senate of Magical Beings
ahaha.wav
Nikko Was Here. <3 <3
Axion is planning something. . . . .
Old Posted 12-21-2010, 05:46 AM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #25  
I stopped writing stories after high school because I have a tendency to go with it then I realized that I put my characters in a situation or a plot that just hit a dead end so I stop it. Then if I find a solution I bullshit through the rest of it until its chopped liver and destroyed.

I did that to at least 5 stories

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 12-23-2010, 07:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Its a Trap!
Right now I'm working on a novel that I've been working on since I was 11... and I'm 22 now. x_X
I'm a boy.

Uke is Taiki's favorite uke. <3

Art by Taiki.
Old Posted 12-26-2010, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #27  
whats the novel about Uke?

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 12-27-2010, 01:58 AM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
Now... I am working on a novel I've been trying to write for years.

I have it pretty much plotted out, but actually writing it is a procrastination nightmare.

Old Posted 12-27-2010, 02:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #29  
Well, I'm currently busy with writing a Code Lyoko RP. It's not a forum rp. It's kinda a community rp with dice and stuff. This will be my first time writing something like this. I normally focus on short-stories or poetry. I might post some of them later on if anyone's interest in it.

~ You can dance if you want too,
You can leave your friends behind.
Because if they don't dance,
Then they're no friends of mine ~
Old Posted 01-07-2011, 03:32 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I write as much out of habit as for purpose I think. Mainly I write poetry, short prose, and journal entries. I've been writing poetry since I was in grade one, and my journals, all hand written, span close to 20 years now. I didn't start writing prose seriously until early college actually though I tried many times before that to write a novel. I'm the kind of person who will write on any blank-ish space if I think I have something to write about and I have so many old school handouts or store reciepts hanging around because I have poem and story notes on them that I haven't transfered to another book or journal yet.

It probably comes from being ill for most of my childhood. Often I was stuck home from school and didn't always make it out of my bed so I took to writing things. I had five pen pals at one point and still write letters now (I pen pal with one of my university roommates who lives in Australia) I like e-mail for 'business' communications and such, but still prefer writing a letter if it's just to say hi. I even wrote several spoof plays based off of Disney movies or nursery rhymes when I was little and my friends and I acted some of them out for our parents.

I enjoy writing by hand, though when I'm working on a short story I usually do it on the computer to save having to type it out again if I decide to try for publication. It is a personal goal of mine to publish at least one short story, one poem, and one essay in my lifetime. I have managed the first two (small stuff, didn't get paid or anything) so I still need the essay, and one day I want to write a book though it's likely not going to be the novel I expected.

EDIT: forgot. I write original stuff mostly, and usualy in the light fantasy/supernatural/surreal end. I've recently taken to reading and writing fan fiction for the sake of working with familiar characters after a period of burnout with what I was working on. Might start moving back to my original stuff soon, hopefully.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 05-03-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old Posted 05-03-2011, 06:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #31  
I've been writing pretty much my entire life, and similarly to Uke, above, I have a novel (series, likely) I've been writing since I was very young, though it's gone through a lot of different stages.

I used to write plays when I was a kid, too, Quiet. You never told me about that. :p Though, mine were always ponderously plot-heavy and confusing to my "actors" (read: father, and sister, in the bleak past when I used to count her as a family member.)

I write a lot of poetry, I think I'm over 100 poems, now, though I tend to delete ones that I don't like after a while. My poetry tends to be either very misanthropic and bitter, or heavily religiously-themed, on the order of various apocryphae, gnosticisms, Kabbalah and other occult inspirations that no one ever seems to understand. Come on, is the Hypostasis of the Archons really that complicated? :p

As mentioned above, I have an epic fantasy novel I've been working on for 12 years that's nowhere near completed, though I have a firm outline for it, now. It's kind of complicated to sum up, but it follows a warrior with severe PTSD whose demi-goddess sister was killed 12 years before, from which he's never recovered and now has a very... strange notion of the value of life.

I'm also writing a collaborative novel with my cousin, which seems a fairly standard secondary-world medieval succession crisis until the dead king turns out to be not-so-dead and comes back as an abomination to punish his murderers.

And then, I have plans for a novel (another epic fantasy, seeing a pattern here?) in which I want to tell an "anti-hero's journey" in which the main character goes through the usual steps, except is being groomed to destroy the world rather than save it, and fails utterly at her tasks and dies without accomplishing anything. I... kind of have a thing for tearing apart cliches. :p
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-11-2011, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Yeah well, some of the plays I wrote when I was little where a titch disturbing, especially considering that most sprouted from Disney. Didn't seem that way at the time, of course. I think I know where they are but getting to them might be a pain at the moment. I'm curious to read them again though. Off the top of my head I had Sleeping Snobby; a revamped intro to Aladdin; Little Scarlet Riding Hat; Mufisbu, the warthog king; Mother Finch Land, and likely one or two more. I only recall acting out Sleeping Snobby and the intro for an audience, though my friends and I practiced them all.

I had one collaborative going with a friend but it didn't get very far beyond basic skeletal plot (more like a few vertebrae, femurs, and a couple of arm bones), and some basic introductory stuff in a hideous shade of purple and a scattering of handwritten notes.
Old Posted 05-12-2011, 08:21 AM Reply With Quote