Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #2737  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Anyone good at interior design want to help me figure out how to arrange my apartment so I have proper craft space but also a bit of a living room for the rare instance of a friend visiting? And possibly a small dining area/nook? In my approx 600-650sqft apartment? Lol.
I'm not bad at it! I just need to know the dimensions and floor plan of the apartment and the dimensions of your furniture.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-04-2020, 01:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
percival hates february.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-04-2020, 01:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2739  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I'm not bad at it! I just need to know the dimensions and floor plan of the apartment and the dimensions of your furniture.
Is there an easy way for me to make a floor plan?
Old Posted 02-04-2020, 02:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Is there an easy way for me to make a floor plan?
I usually prefer to use graph paper so I can just do measurements and translate feet to inches or some similar scale. Otherwise you could use a paint program and convert at some sort of pixel scale, like 48 pixels = 1 foot (chosen so that 4 pixels = 1 inch, but really anything you like will work).

Graph paper is nice because you can do the same thing with your furniture. Cut out the furniture pieces, put a loop of masking tape on the back of each one, and you can rearrange the room on paper until you come up with something you like.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-04-2020, 02:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2741  
...what if I don't have graph paper and my computer doesn't have internet (for the uploading/sharing of floorplan)...?
Lol
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 02-04-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old Posted 02-04-2020, 06:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
...what if I don't have graph paper and my computer doesn't have internet...?
Lol
How, then, my dear, are you talking to me? ;)

Old Posted 02-04-2020, 06:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2743  
My phone.
But it doesn't have an art program on it.
Old Posted 02-04-2020, 06:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Well, I suppose you can draw it out on a normal piece of paper and label the lengths of the lines, then take a picture with your phone and post that.

Old Posted 02-04-2020, 06:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2745  
Ahhhh....totally forgot that one of my planners had some graph paper in it!
Currently plotting out the general wall dimensions and adding marks (which are not accurate blueprint/layout markings, but are just...what I can do) for the windows and doors.

I am planning on actually getting rid of some of the furniture I do own (like the giant bulky recliner and glide rocker that I didn't really want, but took anyway because I felt guilty saying no since they were my mom and grandma's and they had both passed away that year... sorry, probably tmi...) , so will probably attempt to get measurements for the furniture (mainly a chair...that's it) I plan on getting soon.
It also isn't taking into account shelves. Which I do not actually own many of. And the ones I do own are fairly recent acquisitions that I have yet to figure out placement for.

XP

(Tbh, am also open to furniture/decor suggestions, though I know everyone has varying styles that they prefer. But if I like the look of something, I'd likely add it to a wishlist. Lol)

Update: Not that it's super relevant, but after re-doing my math, turns out my apartment is about 495 square feet. Not the 600-650 I was estimating.
XP
Wow.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 02-04-2020 at 08:03 PM.
Old Posted 02-04-2020, 07:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I've been wanting to do nothing at all today except to sleep! <x{
So tired. ;_; And have no idea what to do with myself, except try to relax.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-04-2020, 07:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #2747  
at 6:30 p.m. (about 1/2 hour ago for me) hubby decides to take a nap... erm... but why though?

also, hi!

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-04-2020, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ah man...am really bored right now, but am at work and have nothing to actually do, so just gotta tough it out for 2 more hours.
Almost wish I had brought a loom project to work on. But that's kind of frowned upon. Even though you can't really see behind the desk on the security camera, so no one would really know...
Old Posted 02-04-2020, 09:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #2749  
Don't think my tendinopathy issues will ever be "healed" in a sense that I can get back into walking longer distances or running or wearing shoes I actually like. And it's preventing me from doing many other things. And that's after all the resting, icing, eccentric exercises, foam rolling, stretching, avoiding over training in what I can do...all strictly twice a day for over 6 months or more since it's more than one thing we're dealing with. Basically everything you can do to break down the scar tissue and align the collagen cells. And one wrong step off a curb can instantly feel like having it injured again.
Old Posted 02-04-2020, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I just finished eating before 8:00.
:/ Now I just gotta wait until 10 or 11 to sleep.
<xc Even though I kinda wanna sleep now to escape responsibilities.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-05-2020, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #2751  
So bored right now.....just waiting for person in the clay room to hurry up and get out so I can leave.
Literally just have to lock up the clay room when they leave and turn off the hallway lights on main floor and basement and I am out the door.
Old Posted 02-05-2020, 12:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
no further screen glitches, had a blast in an in-character server on DST.
vaguely want to start hosting in-character servers again but they'll usually go unappreciated.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 02-05-2020, 09:08 AM Reply With Quote