Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #1777  
>.>; I have a similar issue with one artist I knew once, and as good as her art was/is, I cannot veiw her art without my blood boiling and heart shrinking..mostly because of my past with her...
;u; But I'm glad someone understands. <3

I wouldn't harm a baby. -u- I might even play with one, if it was soft-spoken and tame enough. >-> They still gross and clumsy tho. Frickin' babies..I will keep them from being an idiot and hurting themselves, but I don't like babies. >n>

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 10-10-2019, 06:15 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
crotch goblins

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 10-10-2019, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1779  
Tw; Spoiler has loads of foul language...
Sorry ;-;

"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 10-11-2019, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
CROTCH GOBLINS
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-11-2019, 01:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1781  
I wanna go back to sleep, but it's too late. <x'{ I'm already awake and I gotta find two plays to read in my old college's single story library, bc my new college doesn't have them despite having 6 floors of books. B[ And I gotta take the stinkin' bus. >n> But I wanna shower or at least clean my hair, cause it's gettin' slimy and gross..

Quick Update: Sh*t, never mind. <x'D I can just find the plays online after all haha!

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Last edited by Merskelly Metalien; 10-11-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old Posted 10-11-2019, 11:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i'm very tired and slept until 15:45-ish.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 10-11-2019, 12:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1783  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdom View Post
"The fact that you think that normal people murder simply because they’re male is disingenuous"
BITCH I SAID TOXIC MASCULINITY AFFECTS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE MORE THAN MENTAL ILLNESS DOES I DIDN'T SAY BEING A MAN DOES U FUCKING DENSE MESS
ughh now I'm annoyed!! I no longer consider her a good artist u.u
The phrase "toxic masculinity" is a trigger word for a lot of people because almost nobody (on any side of any issue) actually understands what it actually means. This results in people becoming instantly emotional. (I don't use "trigger" lightly there. It really is a trigger scenario.)

Far too many people use "toxic masculinity" as code for "men are toxic." I'm not saying you're one of those people (on the contrary, I think you probably DO know that it refers to the unhealthy social pressures on what defines a masculine identity), but it's such a common misappropriation of the term among radical feminists that it's easy for the average layperson to think that's what everyone means by it.

Now, I also have a doubt that your claim is actually correct, but that's primarily because I'm unaware of any statistics that can specifically support a link between men exposed to toxic social upbringings and domestic violence, controlling for mental health issues. I'm not going to discount the possibility entirely -- it's DEFINITELY true that there's a correlation between men who witnessed domestic violence as children and men who commit domestic violence as adults. But there's a reasonable hypothesis to be investigated that toxic social pressure might be a cause of anxiety disorders and stress disorders in men. (I believe it to be likely, but I can't claim it with certainty because I'm also not aware of that research either.) If this is true, then the results of toxic masculinity are causative of mental health disorders, which means that mental health disorders are in fact the main source of concern.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
so... i don't ever see feminists of any ilk use toxic masculinity as short-hand for men=bad. i do however see a lot of people scapegoating all sorts of feminists in an effort to explain who is misusing the term and on occasion i see non-feminists using toxic masculinity as short-hand for men=bad (sometimes while pretend-playing as a feminist though not usually) or female-identifying persons in general making men=bad comments and being called feminist without meeting any of the criteria

feminists believe in equality between the sexes and while the minutia of what that exactly entails makes for different types of feminists(some of whom are rather toxic by virtue of endorsing aspects toxic masculinity/femininity) that core value is shared. men=bad is not even within the ballpark of what feminism has ever stood for in any iteration that has been documented and it's uncomfortable to see feminism thrown under the proverbial bus once again by some random person who does not understand feminism
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 10-11-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old Posted 10-11-2019, 07:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1785  
essentially, feminists reckon that men can do better, in a sense.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 10-11-2019, 08:41 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Very nice Kitty! :o Good job on the Reno art! So sad. ;.;

Key word is: "NEEDed". o_o This skull headpiece is needed. I need one. It looks so cool!
Thanks! I was going for a more dramatic tone, we hardly see Reno be serious and thus wanted to make it as such. XD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-11-2019, 09:07 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Default   #1787  
feminists reckon that everyone can do better and deserves better <3

it is unfortunate though that they have a bad rep, bc I hesitate to call myself a feminist depending on who I'm around, even though I am.
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 10-11-2019, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
"To do this, the computer computed-"

Yeah, good job, brain, well done...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-11-2019, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Default   #1789  
haha xD
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 10-11-2019, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
"A century after Babbage first envisioned the Analytical Engine, the early computer IBM Automatic Sequence Controlled Calculator, or ASCC, also known as the Harvard Mark I, read instructions from input tape with punched holes, and punchcards were used as a form of programming well into the 80s."

jegus frick that is entirely too many words; i can't even read my own writing typing
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-11-2019, 11:53 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Default   #1791  
I think it's okay. Maybe it would be easier to read if it was split up into multiple sentences?
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 10-11-2019, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Not sure I *can* split that into two sentences without it sounding choppy...-er.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-12-2019, 12:01 AM Reply With Quote