Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default Avatar Saving/Layering Issues   #1  
Alright so I can build my avatar basically just fine. I only have a minor issue when trying to drag items around; sometimes they'll just vanish on me, such as Trisiana's Scales here:

I can move anything without a problem using the arrows, and this is usually what I wind up doing (the item in the list not only becomes invisible, but also non-interactive, and then I can't drag anything else at all). This is workable, but not ideal, for when I have long lists of items with complex or precise layering.

The biggest issue is when I try to save. I will go through the normal process, then I wind up with a completely blank and empty avatar, as evinced here:

It's clearly going through some sort of process, because it also strips my build area, as well:

Old Posted 04-07-2017, 10:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Hmm...That's troublesome. I'll see what I can figure out.

Out of curiosity, have you given the new editor a try recently?
Old Posted 04-07-2017, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #3  
Take off the item that is 'blank' it has something to do with the editing system as we try to progress between the new and old and merge into it.
Old Posted 04-07-2017, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
@Tohopekaliga
I haven't tried it recently, but I did before I started having trouble with this. I guess maybe a few weeks ago, a little more...? I can't figure out how to get back to it. I did love it to pieces.

@Tiva
It does seem to help with the item resetting bit, but I'm glad to hear this is temporary.

Old Posted 04-07-2017, 11:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #5  
Old Posted 04-07-2017, 11:39 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Well the new editor at least saves. Now to try to build my badass bunny again, see if it works on a new one.

Old Posted 04-07-2017, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #7  
Update! It only pretended to save. While it did put most of the items on, it did it out of order when I went to the old one for a closer look. Still not giving anything in the final save in either version.

Old Posted 04-07-2017, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
What browser are you using?
Old Posted 04-07-2017, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #9  
Chrome, on Windows 10.

Further to note, with more fiddling, it does evidently eventually save when you leave it alone, but it won't save in the proper item order in the new editor. In the same vein, hitting the layer tweaking option further throws a wrench in the works.

Old Posted 04-07-2017, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
However, as that is from a previous save in my closet, I will see how it handles a 'fresh' avatar.

UPDATE TO AVOID TRIPLE-POSTING

I can save new avatars with only minor layer issues, but new outfits won't save at all to the closet.

SECOND UPDATE

I got it to save, but it won't let me change it, and it only shows up as a blank picture in the closet. The items do show up layered appropriately, however.

THIRD UPDATE

I can't save twice if all I do is relayer the item order. I have to remove or add something first, but I don't have to save immediately after to reset. Simply the act of taking off an already equipped item and putting it back on allows me to save it.

FOURTH UPDATE

Avatars save in the opposite direction they face in the avatar builder. Not sure if this is a feature or a bug.

FIFTH UPDATE

Avatars show up and save to the closet correctly! This includes the direction they face when they're saved. Everything is what it looks like on the tin.

SIXTH UPDATE

I was mistaken about the avatar facing. I was evidently mixing up 'out' and 'left' which apparently do the opposite...? Not sure how or why, but it is consistent.

SEVENTH UPDATE

The undo and redo buttons are nonfunctional.

EIGHTH UPDATE

I purchased a few items from the shops, and none of them will show up in the new editor. They show up fine in the old one.

NINTH UPDATE

Some items won't show save to the avatar at all, even if they show up in inventory, new editor, and outfit closet just fine.

Last edited by Lee; 04-08-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old Posted 04-07-2017, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #11  
The new editor has a few bugs, which I think you spotted most of them. :P the reason I asked about it is that fiddling with the new editor can sometimes cause the old one to work improperly, which is another bug that I haven't really sorted out.

I can reset the old one for you, but that will wipe what you currently have set in the editor.

Is that okay?
Old Posted 04-08-2017, 10:13 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
That's fine. I expected it to happen at some point, given it's in testing, still. I absolutely can't wait until it's all ironed out, I love everything about the new editor! > v<

But right now I want to use my new items!

Old Posted 04-08-2017, 10:17 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #13  
And my initial problem still persists.

Old Posted 04-08-2017, 05:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I don't know if it'll be of any help, I haven't tried the new editor yet, but I have encountered the very first issue in your first post before (usually after being in the editor for too long, or dragging things up and down a lot), and any time it's happened, hard refreshing the page has made it go away, and likewise returned the items to where they should be in the layering.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 04-08-2017, 09:17 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #15  
I can't really try out this method, since my avatar won't save when I browse from the editor. Even that progress is lost.

Old Posted 04-09-2017, 09:12 AM Reply With Quote