Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #33  
Derpy climbs up and tapes a piece of paper over Bluebird's post.
"All gone!"
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 08-17-2018, 03:14 PM  
Writer
bluebird, Quiet, Derpy and mdom have decided on their next destination. The flight to Mexico is delayed for half an hour, but at least the airport shops look nice. Finally they arrive and look around for clues.

A security camera shows the thief sitting on a park bench, reading a magazine. Unfortunately that recording is already a few hours old. It's highly unlikely the thief will still be there. And of course she isn't. But in a trash can nearby lies the crumpled magazine she was reading. The lettering looks strange, and the photos are even stranger. Turd shaped cookies? Seriously? And statues that suspiciously resemble parts of the male anatomy. Huh.

Upon further investigation the detectives also find a pocket planner. The 14th of each month is marked with a heart. It looks as if the planner was a dress manufacturer's freebie, because it also shows adverts of wedding dresses. They're red, just like the thief's coat.

Interrogating the people nearby doesn't yield much information. Just a young man with a laptop nods at the thief's description. "Yeah, I remember. She asked me if I would use Internet Explorer for online banking. I said, no way! But apparently she's heading someplace where it's against the law to use a different browser." He pauses for a moment, then shakes his head. "I can't believe that's true. Can you?"
Old Posted 08-17-2018, 05:43 PM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #35  
With no google or research what-so-ever...China. Somewhere in that vicinity. Though, that's almost entirely based on the red wedding dresses. Not sure about the anatomy statues though, because that would have me thinking (Ancient) Greece. Though, those weren't merely "resemblances."
Old Posted 08-17-2018, 07:27 PM  
A*DIC*TED
i thought it was japan with all the bizarre stuff going on but
penis park, holiday on every 14th, and the funny/concerning fact that most businesses still use old software despite how it's in one of the most technologically advanced country is---

sounds like south korea 8D

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 08-17-2018, 07:56 PM  
Jellosexual
Default   #37  
Strange lettering could be China, too.
And 'against the law to use anything other than IE'. In China Google is blocked.
Old Posted 08-17-2018, 07:58 PM  
The Magic Number
*tapes a sticky note to the thread*
Don't forget to grant Mexico crayons tomorrow.
Death's mule librarian. The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little while longer.
Old Posted 08-17-2018, 08:39 PM  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #39  
I think it could be South Korea as well.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-17-2018, 08:57 PM  
Jellosexual
I'll go for China
Old Posted 08-19-2018, 11:09 AM  
Rebooting....
Default   #41  
Since I went in the wrong direction in the first place, I'ma keep my streak going and head for Tijuana, Mexico!
Old Posted 08-19-2018, 11:41 AM  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Derpy yawns. All this traveling is tough and he needs some coffee and donuts.
Still, he carefully examines the clues amd scratches the side of his snout, thoughtfully as he listens to the other agents.
"Hmmm...I'm going to....Souf Kowea!"(South Korea)
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 08-19-2018, 01:01 PM  
The Magic Number
Default   #43  
Witchchylde heads to Mexico and manages to catch up there with the rest of the crew. Unfortunately there's no time left for sight seeing. At the airport everyone already discusses where to go next. So far three agents seem in favor of South Korea, one plans to search in China instead, and another one hasn't decided yet. Where do you want to go?

(I figured Tijuana was your attempt to get back on track, which is why I decided to send you to meet up with everyone else. The next time any of you players ends up in a wrong country, you can also directly travel to the hinted destination without flying to the correct location of the previous round. We assume detectives have cell phones to exchange important clues.)
Death's mule librarian. The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little while longer.
Old Posted 08-19-2018, 04:53 PM  
Rebooting....
(Thanks for the reconnect!)
After meeting up with everyone, and especially hearing the clue about the penis park, I am definitely going to head to South Korea.
Old Posted 08-19-2018, 06:56 PM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #45  
I'll go to China so mdom has company. ;)
Old Posted 08-19-2018, 10:17 PM  
Writer
mdom and Quiet head over to China, where they're greeted by a street vendor selling ice cream. When asked about the thief, the vendor says he knows nothing, but he can give you an interesting lecture on the history of ice cream instead. They also get to see the Great Wall, which looks impressive, but they don't see the person they're looking for.

Meanwhile, bluebird, Den, Derpy and Witchchylde board the flight to South Korea. 15 hours in an airplane to follow the thief's wild zigzag journey all over the globe. But maybe the next destination will be nearby. Japan or something?

The detectives quickly swarm out to investigate. They find a really old, turn of the century newspaper. Shouldn't things from over a hundred years ago be in a museum? The first page shows a blurry photo of a man in a neck-to-knee bathing costume, along with the headline "All day swimming no longer prohibited".

A young girl in a soccer dress nods at the description of the thief. "Yes, of course! She's such a cool person! She said she was going to attend the world championship, so I asked her to enter my little Baek Hyeon in the races." The girl produces a photo from her pocket. "That's him. Isn't he lovely? We've been training together a whole year." Of course, given her dress and everything, you expect the picture to be of a kid playing soccer. But it shows a cockroach.

"She dropped this", a teenage boy with blue and pink streaks in his hair says while he hands the detectives a golf ball. "I wanted to give it back to her, but she said her plans had changed and she won't have time to play golf anyway." The teenager gazes at the ball. "She sounded a bit disappointed, so I guess she's going to a place with a great golf course."

Searching around the detectives also find a usb flash drive the thief has forgotten in a library computer after booking her flight. On it there's a beautiful photograph of feral camels in a desert.

A middle aged man in the library also remembers the thief was looking at a travel blog. "I only briefly walked by behind her chair, so I don't remember much. But there was a lake with bright pink water, so maybe it was advertising some... homosexual boat tours or something? I mean, I've never heard of any actual pink lakes after all."
Old Posted 08-20-2018, 08:33 AM  
Jellosexual
Default   #47  
After my date with Quiet Man Cometh, we buy some souvenirs and then I read the group message.
'Hm, pink lakes, golf and camels. Let's meet the group in Senegal'
Old Posted 08-20-2018, 11:43 AM  
Rebooting....
You know, I think I'm inclined to go to Brisbane, Australia. The cockroach racing in particular makes me think this is the place.
Old Posted 08-20-2018, 01:07 PM