Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default Comic Books   #1  
So, more out of curiosity than anything, does anyone here read or collect comic books? I was bequeathed a portion of my brother's old collection and I've been looking through them to sell, and that got me thinking about them in general.

I was never really interested in Comics. I read Watchmen in university because it was literary, and read a PG issue of Spiderman (with Green Vulture) for a sociology project (was not very impressed) but I am more interested now.

Nothing too special in the collection I have (most of the comics are Copper Age, from what I can tell) but it was interesting to look through the store I was at. It surprised me just what was made into a comic.

Conversation point: With all the movies out there based on comic heroes I'm starting to get curious about the source material. Does anyone here know much about Deadpool or Doctor Strange? I'm curious about the characters, and wanted to know which might be good issues to look into for good representations of the characters. I'd rather not pay the money for the collected volumes when I really have no idea if I'd be interested or not.

So, yeah. Natter about comic books I suppose. :)
Old Posted 05-03-2017, 12:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I love comic books...sort of. In the sense that I'm far more of a fan of collections of said comics, because I think regular comics are just too...flimsy? That and I tend to want to read a lot at once and I'll zip through a standard comic in just a few minutes normally.

So saying I don't have anything really anymore. I had some things and I lost a lot in my last move, and as far as I know nothing of that nature was kept.

As for the conversation point, I knew OF them but I never read any comics of Dr. Strange or Deadpool. Hopefully others have so you can get some feedback there.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 05-14-2017, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3  
Honestly, I think the closest thing to a comic book I ever got to read were the Archie comics that pretty much were sold at grocery store checkstands. Only I only got those when I was visiting my grandparents.

I wanted to read comics more pretty much as soon as I saw the first X-Men movie, but they're not exactly cheap, especially the originals. So unless there's some site where I can read them all online for free, I'm pretty much out of luck.
Maybe someday I'll get more into comic books though.

Oh. One of my exes was a huge fan of Deadpool. At the time, I wasn't too interested, but the few times I got tsljrd into reading a little comic panel, it was entertaining. I can't recommend any actual comics to read though.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 05-14-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Old Posted 05-14-2017, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Honestly, I think the closest thing to a comic book I ever got to read were the Archie comics that pretty much were sold at grocery store checkstands. Only I only got those when I was visiting my grandparents.
Are. ;). The comic is still going, and there's a show now, too, but it's darker than the comic. It bothers me that Archie's dad isn't round and balding. Jughead has a beanie of sorts.
Old Posted 05-15-2017, 03:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Are. ;). The comic is still going, and there's a show now, too, but it's darker than the comic. It bothers me that Archie's dad isn't round and balding. Jughead has a beanie of sorts.
Ah. The grocery store near me doesn't have them. XP
And yeah. Thanks to the magic of late-night Buzzfeed quiz-taking I found out about the show very recently. I am curious about it. Might see if I can watch it at work, since I have a late desk shift.
Old Posted 05-15-2017, 04:00 AM Reply With Quote