Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default It's Canada Day   #1  
We're 150. That's cool.

Family is having a BBQ today, with various Canadian and also various non-Canadian things, including the beer, but it was in a red and white can and I guess that counts. Anyone not wearing red gets a temporary maple leaf tattoo. A local hybrid-black squirrel hung out around in the deck planter and then directly on top of the food table when people stopped dropping things.

So yeah, that was us. Anyone else do anything?
Old Posted 07-02-2017, 12:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Canada Day sounds a lot nicer and tamer than July 4th. Which is coming up, and....ugh.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-02-2017, 02:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3  
You make me wish I was in Canada instead of the U.S.
I am not such a fan of our upcoming holiday, but Canada Day celebration stuff actually sounds really great.
Old Posted 07-02-2017, 02:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
I'm not in Canada, but that sounds like a lovely celebration. Here we have our national holiday, of course, just as most countries do, but none of my family have ever done anything special for it. More like an ordinary day, except you don't need to go to work/school and shops are closed.
Old Posted 07-02-2017, 02:47 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #5  
Yeah, it's a stat holiday so we get Monday off. I'm surprised I didn't hear any fireworks tonight but then, I wasn't paying a lot of attention. I'm across the water from downtown right now and there's usually something. Communities often have something going on. I didn't really look at what was happening around town. It's a milestone year thought, so I've seen a lot of about it on the news.

Just caught a quick rundown on CNN of all things (mom's watching the news. Yes, we're night owls) to the effect of Trudeau made a speech, Prince Charles dropped by, and the Queen made a speech while wearing a Maple Leaf pin. Don't know what she say, wasn't watching. ;)

I'm sure it was rowdy somewhere.
Old Posted 07-02-2017, 06:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I'm not in canada, but that sounds like a relaxing day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 07-02-2017, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #7  
It's weird being a Canadian citizen who's never lived in Canada. Canada Day sounds fun. The last time I celebrated a national holiday was a couple years ago =_='

Old Posted 07-02-2017, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
This holiday weekend has ruined my town T.T All of your fellow canadians popped down here for concerts and parties. Along with it being a 3 day weekend for the fourth and my fellow americans being the same general assholes they are, traffic is TERRIBLE. the freeway is a mess T.T

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 07-02-2017, 11:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #9  
Huh. Sounds like a much calmer tradition, to be honest.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 07-03-2017, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparX View Post
This holiday weekend has ruined my town T.T All of your fellow canadians popped down here for concerts and parties. Along with it being a 3 day weekend for the fourth and my fellow americans being the same general assholes they are, traffic is TERRIBLE. the freeway is a mess T.T
We went to a concert tonight and had to navigate downtown traffic around a parade because the local festivities were still going. I'm in Vancouver right now and while we certainly aren't New York, we aren't known for out delightful traffic on a good day. I'm assuming the parade was a multicultural affair because of the mixture of Canadian flags and such and then various traditional dress from other cultures.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 07-03-2017 at 05:49 AM.
Old Posted 07-03-2017, 05:46 AM Reply With Quote