Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #161  
What was the Incredible Hulk's original color? (For double points, what version of the Hulk sports it now?)

His original color was red and now Red Hulk sports the look! :D Is that correct or totally wrong?

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 08-16-2019, 11:57 PM  
On in to the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitalpha Hart View Post
The Wizard of Oz was intended to be a political alegory. What were Dorothy's slippers and the Yellow Brick Road supposed to represent? (Double points if you can name the president being criticized and the character representing him.)

Dunno if it's the one you're going for, but the silver slippers were meant to represent the silver backed money, while the Golden Brick Road repped the gold backed money
Silver was seen by the author as better, so the slippers guided Dorothy over the damaged road easily while her companions were stumbling and tripping over the damaged road
I think farmers wanted silver to also keep backing because then the money had more value to them, while city rich people wanted it to be just gold to be better for them? Something to that effect? It's been a while so I can't remember off the top of my head

They became ruby in the movie because ruby looked better than silver in technicolor
And if you look closely you can see that she isn't actually always wearing them, but rather a pair of brown shoes
Correct! Points awarded. You have enough to buy one of your kimonos now!

Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:13 AM  
On in to the future
Default   #163  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
What was the Incredible Hulk's original color? (For double points, what version of the Hulk sports it now?)

His original color was red and now Red Hulk sports the look! :D Is that correct or totally wrong?
That is totally wrong, but there is a red Hulk. He's a different character, though.

Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:15 AM  
One Fish
"In the popular fairy tales, Snow White is a recurring character in various stories. In one, she has a sister, who also has a color in her name. What is it?"

I believe that would be Rosey-Red. From what I've read online, Rammstein's song Rosenrot was partly inspired by a fairy tale featuring her, as well as a different one (can't remember which one off the top of my head).
HEEEEEEEEEE-MAAAAAAAN... SUCK MY BOOOOOOOOOONE!

THE PIZZA, HE-MAN! EAT IT!
Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:16 AM  
Icy Footed
Default   #165  
Goldmember is a tongue-in-cheek parody of what other film?

I wanna say, Goldfinger 007? x}

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:18 AM  
On in to the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
"In the popular fairy tales, Snow White is a recurring character in various stories. In one, she has a sister, who also has a color in her name. What is it?"

I believe that would be Rosey-Red. From what I've read online, Rammstein's song Rosenrot was partly inspired by a fairy tale featuring her, as well as a different one (can't remember which one off the top of my head).
You are entirely correct. I would also have accepted 'Rose Red', but I do realize it's subject to translation. Points awarded!

Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:19 AM  
On in to the future
Default   #167  
Quote:
Goldmember is a tongue-in-cheek parody of what other film?

I wanna say, Goldfinger 007? x}
You are entirely right. Points for you!

Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:22 AM  
On in to the future
Updated the front page to make navigation easier. What do you think?

Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:37 AM  
Hakuna matata
Default   #169  
I think you missed the Scarlet Letter being answered >.>"

quest

Quote:
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
hart is now a face again. rejoice.

if you read this you owe me one aurum
Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:37 AM  
Queen of Typoes
How is was the Angel Virus spread, and why did it affect how the universe assaulted by it eat their pizzas?

not sure this is what you're looking for (since i'm unfamiliar with what did come up in my search BUT):
in the Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison, scientists did some tweaking to the genetic makeup of the T4 Angel tomato. i think it's original intention was to make the plant hardier so it would grow where it normally wouldn't. but instead the resulting tweaking created a virus - the T4 Angel Virus - that killed about 25% of the population in what the author called The Turn.

ignoring the fact that the supernatural creatures (vamps, werewolves, witches) now revealed themselves, it made the humans very wary of anything made with tomatoes... including pizza. pretty sure one of the well-known pizza places was owned by a vampire and most humans stayed FAR away from it. :)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:39 AM  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #171  
Who is credited with the original fictional depiction of Dracula?

Bram Stoker, 1897

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:41 AM  
On in to the future
Quote:
Oh crap you're right! Taking care of that right now.

Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:41 AM  
On in to the future
Default   #173  
Quote:
Points should be awarded now! Sorry for the mishap. Not sure how that happened...

Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:42 AM  
Hakuna matata
I think you missed it cuz the Wizard of Oz textwall was right after and they blurred in your mind

I've done that myself

I wonder, do I wait to see how many I gather and collect the kimonos in one fell swoop, or do I get them one at a time?

quest

Quote:
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
hart is now a face again. rejoice.

if you read this you owe me one aurum
Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:46 AM  
On in to the future
Default   #175  
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
How is was the Angel Virus spread, and why did it affect how the universe assaulted by it eat their pizzas?

not sure this is what you're looking for (since i'm unfamiliar with what did come up in my search BUT):
in the Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison, scientists did some tweaking to the genetic makeup of the T4 Angel tomato. i think it's original intention was to make the plant hardier so it would grow where it normally wouldn't. but instead the resulting tweaking created a virus - the T4 Angel Virus - that killed about 25% of the population in what the author called The Turn.

ignoring the fact that the supernatural creatures (vamps, werewolves, witches) now revealed themselves, it made the humans very wary of anything made with tomatoes... including pizza. pretty sure one of the well-known pizza places was owned by a vampire and most humans stayed FAR away from it. :)
^ ^;; My grammar goof there probably didn't help. However, you are completely and totally correct! Very thorough research, points awarded.

Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:47 AM  
On in to the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
Who is credited with the original fictional depiction of Dracula?

Bram Stoker, 1897
Absolutely right. Points awarded.

Old Posted 08-17-2019, 12:50 AM