Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
Default [ART RAGE] FFFFFFFFFUUU-   #1  
I.... need to rage.. just a little

I guess this makes me fall under the "sorta known" part >> ... yes? <<

MY ART GOT STOLEN!...AGAIN... FOR THE 3rd TIME!!!

WTTFFFFFFFF???? D8

Stop stealing my Powerpuff Fanart! PLEASE! It makes me die a little inside and cry... hard.

And.. the NERVE. The thief has to post MY ART to ---MY--- PPG FANCLUB??? WTF?? Are you TRYING to get caught?????? Seriously?

=____=

Does art thievery get your knickers in a bunch? What's your view on it as well as the tracing and copying of artwork?

As you can clearly see... I HATE it. With a burning passion. Esp my art... because.. it just shocks me. It's uncanny at first like "Didn't I draw that......" then it hits you that this person just STOLE you shiz OTL

At least this time the person -did- say that it wasn't his. I'll give him that. BUT IT'S NOT YOURS! You know it! Why post it in your gallery AAAANYWAYS??? @.@

-sigh-

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 03-25-2011, 12:24 PM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Okay that person was either incredibly stupid or ...well no, incredibly stupid, period xD
I mean posting your art in his gallery and even admitting he didn't draw it? Then why...why post it in your gallery?! O_o that's not what DA is for...
Ugh I'm sorry tho Duchess that really is maddening, especially when someone tries to use your art to sell or something ... like, I've seen people post others' art like 'I DREW THIS BUY FROM ME'
Most times it's really obvious they did not draw it >3>
Or traced stuff

the only thing really remotely close to that was someone used a drawing I did for someone else - an avatar commission - and traced it for their own personal avatar drawing
what's funny is the original was a pen drawing and they made it a digital drawing, all colored and stuff. But it was obviously mine.
I ... honestly didn't know what to think of that xD
I didn't know whether to get mad or laugh, it was just like...it was a kind of crappy drawing too, I didn't even like it, but they traced it for their own...? XD

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 01:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #3  
I usually don't have a prob with people using my stuff. If they, ya kno, ask?

I've had people ask to colour my lines, use stuff as icons, etc. It just makes these idiots stand out more .___. Can't they do it the right way?

I've had people trace my stuff into a base.. and then OTHER people take that traced stuff and make shitty MSPaint art with it.

I probably would laugh at a minor tracing like that and them confront them about it.. but so far... nothing with my art seems "minor" .__.

I just wanna know.... whyy??? Why? Can't you just save it to your hardrive and be happy? no need to reupload it as your own =.=

I've had my art taken and use in some ridiculous YouTube video *rolls eyes* I actually had to contact YT to get that one removed cause the person was being an ass. If you go to the old link you can see the sexy "Removed due to copyright claim" message... damn right bitches.

Duchess is idol TRASH

Old Posted 03-25-2011, 01:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Just a thought, maybe they didn't know it was yours? It doesn't excuse the person who took it initially and DOES know it's yours, but... well it's the internet, things get posted around a LOT.

anyway, to me, (perhaps cause I'm not an artist) as long as you don't claim it's your's and you give credit where credit is due (If you know who's it is of course) then... there's not really any /stealing/. But, that's me. Like I said, it's different for artists. >3<'

'Tis a picture of Tokyo I took. ^^
I'm a girl.
I love Writing Tools, and KPop, and minty stuffs.
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 03:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Resistance agent
Default   #5  
Gah I hate it when people do that! I work damn hard on my art and then some jerk comes along , steals a load of art and takes credit for it. Leaving me struggling yet again.

Old Posted 03-25-2011, 04:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Just a thought, maybe they didn't know it was yours? It doesn't excuse the person who took it initially and DOES know it's yours, but... well it's the internet, things get posted around a LOT.

anyway, to me, (perhaps cause I'm not an artist) as long as you don't claim it's your's and you give credit where credit is due (If you know who's it is of course) then... there's not really any /stealing/. But, that's me. Like I said, it's different for artists. >3<'
That's why I said at the end he gets tiny bit of props for that ;P At least he didn't say it was his. But still.

Anything reposted ANYWHERE without my explicit permission -is- in violation of my copyright. It's not that hard to track me down. Others have done it before. Also... it's not like its your favourites, or just like on a forum in your signature... this is your dA gallery!! You're not supposed to post ANYTHING in there unless it belongs to you or you have permission to do it. That's deviantART's rules.

So the fact that he admitted it... its like your stealing ans you -admit- your stealing... slightly less offensive, but still wrong =/

I would allow it if people -ask- you know ;~; is it hard to ask? Others have asked me before......

Asking helps me keep track of what's going on. I know that XXX has it and XXX coloured it, so if I see it like that somewhere, it's cool. Ya know?

If I draw art -for- someone, I have partial ownership and so do they. I -gave- the art to them.. thus they and only they can post it where ever they like.

Duchess is idol TRASH

Old Posted 03-25-2011, 11:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Delicate Soul
Default   #7  
Can't you report stuff like that on dA?
If so, you did, right?

Broken Spirit
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
I prefer to settle outside of admin first *nods*
And ask the person to remove themselves... If they refuse -then- I'd report them.

They haven't replied to me yet, so I'm giving it a while =]

Duchess is idol TRASH

Old Posted 03-25-2011, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Default   #9  
I haven't really had that many problems with people stealing my art since I don't draw a lot of fan art. I've seen what little fan art I've drawn in YouTube videos before but I've been asked many times for permission to use my art in those videos so I'm not even sure which people have asked me and which haven't so I don't really do anything about it. xD; HOWEVER, if they post the art somewhere, that's a different story.

I think only once I've had someone trace one of my pictures. They didn't even bother to change ANYTHING except they cut off the boobs and made the characters into guys (thus making it yaoi since it was a yuri pic before) and added a circle gradient to the back of it. I confronted with the person about it and they would not admit it. It was SO OBVIOUS cuz the clothes and everything were still the same. Eventually after multiple people reporting it, it got deleted from dA.

I've never seen any of my art made into those bases before. xD; That must be weird.

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 03-25-2011, 11:26 PM Reply With Quote  
The bases was probably the biggest xDD This chick notorious for tracing pics and making them bases did it.
I should be happy... because she only does the -reaaally- popular pics? >_>

I wish someone would shop the boobs off my character a make it a dude! xDDD It sounds lulzy. I haven't had any -bad- tracings done like that... just bases *frowns*

I think I should start Googling for theft >_>

HEY I found THIS I don't understand polish... but... that's my art O_o And that's the art the person made a base from......

Is that where she got it? @.@ so confusedddd....

Duchess is idol TRASH

Old Posted 03-25-2011, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
HEY I found THIS I don't understand polish... but... that's my art O_o And that's the art the person made a base from......

Is that where she got it? @.@ so confusedddd....
! that's not even credited to you, is it?? I would try to figure out a way to contact her and be like UM WHAT'S UP

I personally hate people tracing other people's drawings to make in to their own. Like what that person did with mine, wasn't so bad because it was just a personal thing she used in a forum sig. BUT ... if she had posted it to an art gallery saying 'I drew this' and it was traced down to even the clothing (not just stealing my pose, but the hair, eyes, clothes, everything) then I would have a WAY bigger problem with it. Huge.

The tracing things for pixel art is .... xDDD MAN I don't even
I would be very annoyed with that, mostly because most people that trace bases do such a crappy job, and then people make crappier dolls >3> I wouldn't want to be associated with that, even in a removed way xD

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 03-26-2011, 01:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
XD I hadn't realized it was on DA until after I posted that. /That/ is a problem since, like you said, it's for YOUR art. Stuff you drew yourself. >3<

'Tis a picture of Tokyo I took. ^^
I'm a girl.
I love Writing Tools, and KPop, and minty stuffs.
Old Posted 03-26-2011, 01:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Its a Trap!
Default   #13  
People on Deviant Art recently have been under the impression that Deviant Art is Photobucket.

I had someone take a fanart I drew of Near from Death Note as a girl and use it for her OC profile picture, posting it in her gallery saying 'I don't know who drew this, I found it on photobucket'.

I asked her to take it down, proving that I drew it because it was in my own gallery, and she said 'I said its not mine!'. So I reported her.

Deviant Art is for art made by YOU. Its not photobucket, you can't spam art that other people make just because you think it 'looks cool'.

I'm going to stop now before I go full-on DA raging. xD
I'm a boy.

Uke is Taiki's favorite uke. <3

Art by Taiki.
Old Posted 03-26-2011, 01:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uke View Post
People on Deviant Art recently have been under the impression that Deviant Art is Photobucket.

I had someone take a fanart I drew of Near from Death Note as a girl and use it for her OC profile picture, posting it in her gallery saying 'I don't know who drew this, I found it on photobucket'.

I asked her to take it down, proving that I drew it because it was in my own gallery, and she said 'I said its not mine!'. So I reported her.

Deviant Art is for art made by YOU. Its not photobucket, you can't spam art that other people make just because you think it 'looks cool'.

I'm going to stop now before I go full-on DA raging. xD
This is it EXACTLY! dA is not for art you just think looks cool. That's what your Favourites are for. I don't know why even post it if it isn't yours in the first place.

Tracing is a BIG peeve of mines.. i traced.... when I was 10 >_>
But I never... I repeat NEVER posted it online or showed anyone. It was only for my own practice. I was smart back then plus I didn't want to admit that I was a tracer and i cant draw...

So i only posted my shitty original stuff xDDDD

Duchess is idol TRASH

Old Posted 03-26-2011, 02:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Keyblade Master
Default   #15  

People like him need to realize that dA =/= Photobucket.

Old Posted 03-26-2011, 12:10 PM Reply With Quote  
In the Box
O-O Wow, no one has actually ever stolen my arts. It's kind of nice actually, I'm not like, strict on it either, I put a simple sample, get payment and send arts.

I'm sorry they did those things though, that's horrible. :c I'd get extremely irritated if that happened to me. I don't get it sometimes, apart from practice you don't really have much to gain... and the risk of being found out is just, ick. And after that you art-rep kind of dies. :C

I'd give that person a whoop-assbeating. >:C

I actually save people's arts (whether it's a commission for someone or whatever) but I never post them around. Ever. XD I also trace, but not art. I mostly eyeball model-pictures/trace, but I try very hard not to out right copy it, I modify it one way or another. I can safely say I don't eyeball/trace anything when I draw official pics though. I trace sometimes for fun, I never make anything out of it but it just showed how lame I was at that certain position. LOL.

Long, long hiatus.
Old Posted 03-26-2011, 03:51 PM Reply With Quote