Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Forward Thinker
Default   #721  
Trisphee, at least, is fine for coders. Coda & I are both professional Software Engineers, and between us we can do most anything. :P Others might have use of one, though.
Old Posted 03-28-2017, 10:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot

okii! ^^
that's really awesome!

Old Posted 03-28-2017, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #723  
Roliana is officially back, and they are giving away users 50 plats for free. I'm not digging Roli's new layout. It's burning my eyes, and so difficult to find things.
Last edited by Panda; 03-29-2017 at 01:14 AM.
Old Posted 03-29-2017, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I think it could be a variety of things. Part I think of is not enough users or users aren't active enough. It could be less activity in forums or other things not keeping their interest.

Another reason could be the owners or mods. Though I'm surprised Gaia hasn't shut down with all the bad mods running around I know lots left because of that. It could be sites shifting too much from owners hands too much or owners or admins promising stuff they can't keep. I think people get tired of we're going make a red ball item and never seeing said item. Sometimes they aren't even given an update which is the worst. People don't want to be left in the dark.
Old Posted 04-09-2017, 05:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #725  
As long as Gaia's still squeezing money out of its users, it's not going to shut down.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-11-2017, 10:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
I went and looked at Roli, same problem I had years ago when I last looked at it, I don't like the avatars so strongly I don't want to make an account. #1 reason people don't join avi sites.

I grew up with avi sites, they're a natural part of my life, I am so happy to be part of one now <3

Old Posted 04-11-2017, 11:23 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #727  
the avi editor itself makes or breaks a site for me, but it would be a lie if i didn't say i've always been drawn to larger avis like we have. small, overly chibi avis never really appealed to me, and when they're small plus have limited outfit making options, it's a deal breaker. no matter how nice the art might be. pretty avis < highly customizable avis.

Old Posted 04-12-2017, 08:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
I'm with Glitch there.

While the overall community and layout may determine whether or not people stay, avatars decide for me if I sign up on a particular site. Personally I prefer those with regular human avatars over the cutesy chibi-esque avis many sites offer, even though I admit I've also come across folks who really rocked the chibi with their outfit.

(Another major bonus is starter clothes. They don't need to be fancy, let them be plain, let them be rags, whatever - I just feel less shy saying hello to the world when not naked. But yep, avatars get people hooked first.)
Old Posted 04-12-2017, 08:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #729  
I like the bigger bases, which is why I like here and Caedon. Gaia and Menewsha's bases are pretty chibi and cutsey and while I do occasionally drop by there, I am not a fan of cutsey. Also, Roliana's avatars arent the best but I signed up anyway and my avatar is growing on me. I did take off the face though because it bugged me. But, overall, I agree. The bases for the avis have to be aesthetically pleasing to me or I wont join and if I do, I wont be very active. I mean, I'm already not very active because I am busy with IRL stuff but, it will be worse. Lol.

Community is very important also. Not to go dissing other sites but Recolor has a pretty toxic community (at least it did when I was on there 2 years ago) and I just couldnt take it, so I quit and havent even thought of returning. A community will decide how long I stay on a site. The more open and friendly a community, the more likely I will be on there as much and long as possible.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Last edited by McSwiggins; 04-12-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old Posted 04-12-2017, 04:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
I stick with an avi site if the people are friendly.
My first site was Ernya and I literally was afraid of the Babblesphere. There were some very mean people on there. As time went on they mellowed a bit, but there is no excuse for being rude in an avi site, I know there are differences and sometimes people can rub you the wrong way, its best just to ignore them then.
Old Posted 04-13-2017, 10:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #731  
Cool to know Roliana is back.

Recolor's userbase is mostly from Gaia Online, so the General Discussion forum is just a hive of obnoxiousness. But once you go to another forum, it mellows out dramatically. I hang out in the Word Games section there, it's so chill.
Old Posted 04-14-2017, 01:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
I am pretty loyal about sticking to one site… also because I forget to log in otherwise.
Old Posted 04-14-2017, 03:39 PM Reply With Quote