Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default Leroya -- OOC and Sign Up. [Revised and Accepting]   #1  
~Setting and Introduction~

This is the first time I'm actually making a roleplay. As for the title of the roleplay, I couldn't think of what to have for a title so I just took letters from the word "roleplay" expect I did not use the "p" or the "l". Also, since this is my first roleplay, I would be glad to get help on how to the make it better, etc. Anyways, let the introduction of the story begin:

Welcome to the planet Leroya. It is a world filled with advanced technology where people use it them to go out into the world and find the "lost" land of Eden. But, there are many false maps to Eden, so no one truly knows where the actual place is. But, there might be truth to the rumors as many start at the oldest city of Auyn where the story of Eden started to find out the truth of the tale.

Race: Valyarin

Link to my roleplay Leroya:
http://trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5406
Last edited by Joey; 08-10-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old Posted 07-05-2011, 10:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
~Rules~

Basically just follow all of rules that are for this section of the forum:
http://trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4822

And some other rules:

Rule 1: I would like the story to be rated PG13 or less.

Rule 2: Have fun. :P

Old Posted 07-05-2011, 10:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #3  
~Weapons, Transports, Locations and People~

Types of Weapons and Transports

Weapons:

- Pistol
- Fists (Fists as in special gloves use to help in fighting.)
- Rifle
- Sword
- Spear
- Whip
- Dagger

Transports:

Kangaroos: One of the main transports in Leroya. People use these to ride the lands of Leroya. The kangaroos can ride almost anywhere expect for water and air.

Airships: This is the main type of ship people use to fly the sky of Leroya. Some even say that Eden may be up in the air, but no one really knows.

Waterships: This is the main type of ship people use to fly the waters of Leroya.

Locations:

Auyn:

Auyn has many different sites to see. Here are some of the major places to visit, when more things get uncovered, it will be added here. Auyn is called sometimes "The City of Hope and Adventure". It is called sometimes this because of the many people who set out from there, and go out in the world to look for the lost land of Eden.

Plaza:

The Plaza is located in the center of the city. There are many shops here, and this is where you can get a kangaroo for traveling. And it also has 4 different exits that lead into other parts of the World of Leroya.

South Auyn:

This part of town has some major places to visit. Some of these major places included are a library, an museum, and an inn.

North Auyn:

This part of town, is not as big as the Plaza or the South Side of the city, but has one major location which is a mysterious building that is locked at the moment, and the building's name is called the Tower of Darkness.

Also, the town looks like basically is North Auyn at the top, then the Plaza, then lastly South Auyn. Also, for the plaza, there are 2 exits on both sides of the plaza which lead into the different areas outside of Auyn.

Yuti Woods:

Yuti Woods is located north of Auyn, and many adventurers travel through here to reach the other towns and citys of Leroya. It is also where Trieo is supposedly located.

Snowyu Mountains:
The Snowyu Mountains are located southwest of Auyn. Adventurers travel through here to travel to the other towns and citys that are located in Leroya. This is also, where Nini is supposedly located.

Eden:
Eden is the place where lots of adventurers try to locate and find its vast treasures. Many legends and stories talk about Eden and how it was a pretty place with many things to see. So far, no one has found the location of Eden, nor its treasures.

[I will put more locations, as the story progresses.]

People:

Important people:

Mayor Ron:

He is the mayor of Auyn. He is a peaceful person, and is very popular throughout the city of Auyn. He is also known throughout Leroya.

Mysterious people:

Mayi:

She is located in North Auyn, at the Tower of Darkness. No one knows why she lives at that mysterious tower, but she does not seem to be a good person.

Trieo:
He is located in a far off forest called Yuti Woods. He leaves in one of the giant trees there. He is mysterious because no one knows what he is up in the woods, and seems like a scary person.

Nini:
She lives far off in the mountains of Snowyu. She is mysterious because she supposedly stole rare gems from many towns across the world of Leroya. She lives in the mountains now, and no one has seen her for five years.

[More people will be added as the story progresses.]

Last edited by Joey; 08-10-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old Posted 07-05-2011, 10:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
~Character Profiles and Credits~

Since this is my first roleplay, and I don't have much experience in roleplays, I would like to start out with at least five people, one of them being myself.

Here is the Character Sign Up Sheet:
Character profile:
Name:
Main Weapon of Choice:
Short Description about the Character:

Profiles:
Joey's Character Profile:

Credits:

This is to credit and thank everyone who helped me so far in the roleplay:

- CupcakeDolly who helped me on how to start a roleplay, etc.
- FaceMeetsPalm who helped with some advice about roleplays.
- Suzerain of Sheol who helped me with advice on how to make my roleplay better.
- Fey who helped me with advice on how to make my roleplay better.

So, thank you everyone for helping me. I really appreciate it ^_^

Last edited by Joey; 08-10-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old Posted 07-05-2011, 10:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #5  
If you don't mind me offering some advice, you could do with some more details. What you have here doesn't go very far in the way of generating interest. For instance, from reading it over, I don't really have a firm grasp on what "style" of RP this is. Like, if you look at mine, you can see right off the bat that it's post-apocalyptic fantasy with religious overtones involving combat and survival horror. You don't have to be that specific, or put as much work into the setting as I did with mine, but you need some sort of concrete idea to start off with so people know what they're getting into.

I'm unfortunately extremely busy lately and can't join anything right now, but hopefully you'll get some players soon. I just recommend giving a bit more detail explaining exactly what kind of RP this is, which should help with getting people interested in it.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 07-06-2011, 01:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Thank you Suzerain for the help! I've made some changes in the Settings post. I've added a People section, added some new locations, and added some more things to the setting that tells what kind of roleplay this is. I hope I did well, and let me know what else I can do if you can to get people interested and join my roleplay.

Old Posted 07-07-2011, 04:50 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #7  
well...I don't know how to put this but bluntly, so my appologies ahead of time.

You have missed a bit of the point of Suzerain of Sheol reply. I still have no idea if your world is a world of technology or magic? Elves or tree-people? Are your vehicles six legged horses or steam powered cars? Here, let me redo your intro and show you a couple ways you could present this to make it more interesting:

Welcome to the planet Leroya, a world rich in magicks and legends. The story begins in the oldest city Auyn where the House of Mages was first founded, and where most quests are sent forth. Their goal is to find the city of legend, Eden, a land filled with treasure and danger. Join a party and see what great destiny awaits you, here on Leroya.

Or, if you're not into magic....

Leroya, the hot spot in the galaxy for the latest in technology, has run into a problem. The 'lost' city of Eden has been once more targeted by the many moon's treasure hunters and they gather in the main city of Auyn. The local authorities are swamped with false treasure maps, and 'guides' to take the silly and hopeful on a quest for this lost land. But, some whisper, there may be some truth to the rumors, and a few groups may have in fact found the way there....

by indicating a bit more about the world you indicate a bit more about the over all feel you want. think about that and maybe adjust your intro. All the details on the various people you meet will then be flavoured by that. Hope this helps
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 08-09-2011, 04:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Thank you Fey for the help!

Anyways, I fixed up some things, as I moved the Introduction and Setting in one post, and fixing it to give my roleplay a plot. Also, I added new things which are a Weapons sections, a Transports section, and a Credits section to thank everyone who helped me.

Old Posted 08-10-2011, 04:55 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #9  
::rereads intro::
Excellent! now there's a much better feel for the game! and I LOLed hard at kangaroos...but I love the idea...as long as you don't get sick from the up and down :P
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 08-10-2011, 07:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
I see lol. I got the idea of kangaroos from the fact that they are one of my favorite animals, and also that's where my online name comes from too. :P

And thank you again for the help Fey! :3

Old Posted 08-10-2011, 09:55 PM Reply With Quote