Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Snap!
Default Anxiety   #1  
So yesterday on Easter, something happened. Or rather, a series of events leading up to the ultimate event.

Firstly, the night before, my boyfriend had taken us out to dinner. I offered to help cover the bill afterwards and he said okay. Fast forward to yesterday and he said, "Just cover our coffee and we'll call it even." Since it was a holiday, most of the small coffee shops in town were closed, so we went to Starbucks instead, something we rarely do.

We walk into his parents house with our coffees in hand, and I'm greeted by his sister's boyfriend. He says, "Oh hey did you bring those for us?" I jokingly replied no. The kids had just finished with their egg hunt and it was getting to be about time for the adult egg hunt. His sister had bought a $20 Starbucks gift card and she packed the receipt into an egg for the kids to hide. There were 7 eggs total. So we all spent 45 minutes outside looking for the egg. Her boyfriend's kids kept saying I was so close to finding it. So I went back to look for it. Mind you, so did my boyfriend's sister, who had also been searching for the egg the whole time. I was standing right where she was, and she excitedly yelled out, "Found it!"

I walked away disappointed because I had planned to give the gift card away. I wanted more than one person to feel like a winner and I failed. It wasn't enough for everyone to tell me, "You were so close so many times!" so her boyfriend walks up behind me and says, "How does it feel to come so close to getting something and barely miss it?" I gave him my response, which was "It's okay, I've missed out on so many things in my life, I'm used to it." I was still faced away from him, then turned around and realized he had been following me and was recording me with his phone. I thought he had held his phone right up in my face to take a picture, but he had been recording. He stopped recording and said, "Thanks for that."

He went around the house showing everyone the recording, how disappointed I was. What no one actually knew was that I was going to take 4 of the hardest working women in the family out for coffee right after if I was the one who found it. I was also disappointed that his sister, the one who contributed the gift card to the hunt in the first place, was also hunting for that egg and she ultimately found it. That's not an act of giving. That's an act of looking like you want to see other people win, but you really just want to wave something nice in their faces and gloat about it.

I had expected better from those two. They're generally very kind-hearted people. My boyfriend and I had an argument and I slept on the couch. I really didn't want to be alone, but he left me out in the living room and slept in our bed. I was so worked up that I didn't get to sleep until 5am this morning. I have extremely bad anxiety and the whole situation felt like I was back in school, some of the worst years of my life. I know I'm overthinking everything, and I know the coffee doesn't help. I guess I'm just trying to get what happened out in the open so that I don't feel like the truth has been completely bent and twisted into me being a greedy selfish piece of shit who wants everything for myself.

Sorry about the long rant. I feel somewhat better now that I've explained what happened in detail.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-17-2017, 06:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions because of one incident, but I am.
Your sister and her bf behaved in an incredibly rude and inconsiderate manner and I really am under the impression that her bf is a major prick. Because pulling crap like that is just mean.

*giant hug*
Hope you can feel a lot better soon. And hopefully they never do anything like that again.
Old Posted 04-17-2017, 06:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #3  
Thank you, Kaderin. Sometimes it's nice to hear outside input, just so I know that it's okay to be upset about it. That I'm not crazy for recognizing what their intentions were and feeling like I was the only one who noticed. I'm very intuitive and sometimes I wish I wasn't because me speaking up causes everyone else trouble.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-17-2017, 06:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
I am less sure that was your sister's intent - possibly in her mind, she thought of it as a fun activity she wanted to share with family, and she couldn't have known your intent had you won.

On the other hand, it was a very juvenile and asinine move by her boyfriend to follow you and record you without permission.

I am sorry for that experience, Ginger. *bear hugs*
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 04-17-2017, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote