Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #2033  
Frustrated with one of my bosses.
So she finds out that she had contact with a person who tested positive for covid....and proceeds to still come in to work for several days.
Thankfully I have little to no contact with her and, as the janitor, am sanitizing commonly used areas frequently so it's not very likely that I'll get sick, but still monitoring my health very carefully and probably gonna get in to get tested just in case.
Old Posted 10-29-2020, 12:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
So tired... fed up with my psychiatry clinic.

Their service has been getting worse and worse. They keep adding more restrictions and making it harder to get in contact with anyone. They won't schedule appointments very far in advance, forcing you to wait for weeks before calling in, and then you have to hope they have an opening.

I've been without my medication for a week because I called in with a week's worth of meds left and they weren't able to get me in for over two weeks.

They're supposed to have a 24/7 hotline that's monitored to watch for serious problems. When my wife was out of meds FOR EXACTLY THE SAME REASON and then started having side effects while she was out of town, they didn't do anything for THREE DAYS, and then when they did, instead of calling to see what she needed, they sent in a prescription for the wrong medication!

It's a management issue. The prescribers and therapists are fine, but company policy seems to be intentionally trying to make things more difficult for the patients in order to cut costs and reduce how much work the prescribers and therapists have to do, because they won't hire more staff to cover the demand.

I've gotta find somewhere else.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-31-2020, 09:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2035  
i hate DBS checks.
might miss out on an important job oppurtunity simply because i didn't have a driving license.
i swear half of this is done to keep teenagers out.
i have to get a personal reference for a PASS card or whatever the hell that is, and i don't have a personal reference because my only employer was my dad, and you can't have family members on the goddamn reference.
fuck me sideways with a rusty iron pole.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 11-04-2020, 11:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Have spent probably close to $50 buying scales for a custom order of gloves....only to have the woman buying them change her mind today and ask for the money she paid me (about half of what I was charging with the rest due on delivery) back.

I can still use the scales for gloves to sell elsewhere so I'm not livid about it but just like...DON'T ORDER SOMETHING IF YOU'RE NOT 100% SURE THE PERSON YOU'RE GETTTING IT FOR ACTUALLY WANTS IT!!!!!!
D8<
Old Posted 11-04-2020, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #2037  
I barely got any decent sleep, so I feel out of it today. x( My cat decided I didn't have to sleep.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 11-05-2020, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
When your friends are putting you down just because you're trying to express how important voting is, and they just keep spouting "VOTE OR NOT SHIT IS SHIT" yeah ok. :/

Old Posted 11-06-2020, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #2039  
I just found out Dad possibly got exposed to COVID. At his Elks even on Saturday. and he's acting like it's not as big of a deal as it should be to him. FUCKER IS HIGH-RISK AND SO AM I!
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-11-2020, 07:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
My mom is the youngest of four sisters. It's been almost 20 years since her dad died to lung cancer -- he smoked heavily when he was in the Navy in his younger years but he quit when he realized the impact it would have on his children and didn't smoke for almost 40 years, but it caught up with him in the end anyway. One of her sisters passed away a few years ago, kind of unexpectedly, and her mom passed away a while after that. All of these are far enough in the past to just be a sad memory now, but... Another one of her sisters has been fighting cancer, and things took a turn for the worse recently, and her prognosis is grim: less than two weeks. My parents are understandably going to spend time with her in her last days.

On the other side of the family, my mother-in-law is a schoolteacher. The town she lives in has more than 1% of its population diagnosed with COVID-19. The school district is trying to decide if she's had enough exposure risk to quarantine her, but she and my father-in-law are quarantining for everything but work obligations anyway.

And so with both sets of parents unable to visit for Thanksgiving, the fact that we've all been quarantining in preparation for it is moot now. I know it's kind of shallow compared to what they've got to deal with, and I don't begrudge the fact that it's necessary to cancel those plans, but it still sucks.

I'll manage, but my wife was looking forward to this for a long time. She's really been chafing under the isolation, with her depression being worse this year than it has ever been in the 18 years I've known her, and she was counting on this as an opportunity to recharge with loved ones. It doesn't quite compare to people dying, but... again, it still sucks.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-19-2020, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #2041  
It's still sad that families won't be able to get together this holiday season due to COVID quarantines.

It's just me and my parents and we don't have any family that comes to visit us on holidays, so we're not missing out on missing someone. But I still understand how hard it must be for families to not be able to get together.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-19-2020, 09:47 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Internet kept going out today. Having someone come down tomorrow to check out the network. This has been happening a few times lately so we definitely need someone to check it out.

Old Posted 11-20-2020, 04:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #2043  
So.... I've been so frustrated with my hair lately.
It never looks nice anymore. It looks dry, it looks bushy...

I'm not sure what more I can do with it. I'm so tempted to just cut it all off and start over.
I don't know what's wrong with it? It seems like no style I try ever looks nice. It just looks puffy and stringy and gross. I look back at pictures of me from a year or two ago and my hair was adorable and I think to myself, "What happened?!"

I struggle so much with my hair... I just wish it looked cute again.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-21-2020, 03:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
have to cheat the system a little bit with the whole driving license thing. ugh.

Old Posted 12-01-2020, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #2045  
I have a sick cat, and another one of my cats has a sore on his nose.

The world doesn't want me to live that's fine. :')

Old Posted 12-05-2020, 12:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
For no reason all today, I am the sad...
<:(
And it's making me feel bad.
Wish I could feel glad.
'Til then I'll just be sad.
<-> wfff...it's so cold...

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-10-2020, 01:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #2047  
friend went into psychiatric care about four days ago and i haven't heard from him and he said it would take a couple of days.

why isn't he back yet

Old Posted 12-11-2020, 05:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Awww...hope your friend is/will be okay!

My awful isn't as bad as that, but got a blister on my finger so I can't work on the cats that I wanted to finish yesterday until it heals up. XP
So might have more of a delay on the order than I planned. Ugh.
Old Posted 12-14-2020, 10:41 AM Reply With Quote