Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Mad Scientist
Default Common Update Part 4 (Discussion)   #1  
Well we've finally got part four out!

What do you like/dislike about the three new sets?

Old Posted 04-21-2013, 03:12 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
when i joined this site it had a distinctly alternative fantasy flavor, i liked it. the stuff was fairly original and i liked almost everything that came out

as of last summer something changed an the theme the site had had since open beta started to go away. now the flavor of the place is not pure fantasy it is anime pop. while anime pop is ok in it's own right it does not sit well with the original concept of a world ravaged by petty gods and that still believes in magic and the otherworld. instead it sits better with japanese cons and gaiaonline's more gimmicky cash items

i am not saying this is /bad/ exactly overall but i am saying that i have gone from being a rune buyer(irl and mp) and shop whore who bought commons and monthlies like it was going out of style to no longer buying most anything that comes out and instead just looking for /old/ items from one two or three years ago and buying the same commons i bought in 2011

take that into consideration when i say that i dislike all three sets and i dislike them all because i disliked the animes, gaia items, and discount bin mangas they came from. i like fantasy and i like to dress my avatars in fantasy clothing and i like playing on sites that have fantasy items so my opinion of the current items are biased and come from someone who likes the kind of things trisphee used to make in it's heyday
Old Posted 04-21-2013, 03:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #3  
Thanks for your feedback choco, can i ask what you mean by fantasy items if that's ok. What I gather from what you've just said, you prefer the style of older items and think they fit the site's MO better. Am I right?

Also, keep in mind that these were user designed from a contest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Last edited by Ashy; 04-21-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old Posted 04-21-2013, 06:28 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
items that follow under general non-time-specific themes aka things that cannot be dated or tied to a particular location but are instead both generic enough to be from a gray time but fantastical enough not to be any gray time in particular

that would be things like the sum total of the first event, all things fantastical and mundane and none of which can be tied to a particular country or decade in real life outside of maybe the over-thought ones of the creation of elaborate dying techniques and understanding of the means in which a metal nib work

you are right, the older designs fit the story and the site much better than these current items, they also showed a lot more variety and personality than some of the current ones

though i cannot keep something in mind if it was never mentioned. what contest and can i have a link to it? i have not seen any of these designs and this is not the first second third or even fourth contest batty has won that i have seen so forgive me for being skeptical on these three being winners when they look like the other very recent items to come out
Old Posted 04-21-2013, 07:12 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #5  
This would be the contest these particular sets are from. In fact, all 4 commons updates that have been paired with a story section have all been from design contests, save for Tea Time (I believe) and the Belts. We still have quite a few user designs left to be released, and we are working on them as we can.

Old Posted 04-21-2013, 10:36 AM Reply With Quote  
I Make Clothes o//u//o
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
i dislike them all because i disliked the animes, gaia items, and discount bin mangas they came from.
But I thought u liked my art style o-o and its clearly manga

Anyway what I think is that trisphee has many members and they all love dog rent styles
So we try to be diverse and cater to them all
I love fantasy but I'd be pretty anoyed if every single item was fantasy same goes with everything else
Take BFG for example
I don't like mecha( seriously the only robot shows I like are megas xlr and Gurren Lagan) but seeing the new item felt like a nice fresh air
Plus just cause the item as a all is not ur style it dosint mean it won't layer well into fantasy (example my current avatar)

What I'm trying to say is that we need diversity or else everyone will get annoyed and stop carting
Also these are store items
I mean te store has noramal clothes o-o it's not fantasy at all.
Or so this is what I think
Old Posted 04-21-2013, 10:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #7  
Yay! the new tune up skirt is a lot less poofy than the older pleated skirt which just helped finish the avi I have had in the editor for a few days!
Old Posted 04-21-2013, 12:12 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Choco, Trisphee has always been a fusion of Sci-Fi elements and Fantasy xD. Trisphee covers the story of 3 different planets! So of course there's going to be a wide range of fashions, and designs on three different planets. And if your going to say that they only dress one way on one planet, in our world do we all dress the same? Take a look at Lady Gaga and some typical women on the street.. Or someone from China compared to someone in India. I'm pretty sure on one of those planets there could be outfits like these made by some fashion designer. xD

Choco work on your complaining... Because even outside the world of Trisphee, your complaining/critiquing right now is completely nonsense. And this is coming from ME the king of complaints on this website.

Old Posted 04-21-2013, 01:19 PM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
Default   #9  
I think the items are really cute and there are elements in each that can be used in fantasy themed avatars. Actually I prefer alternative avatars with interesting non-mundane type items. These sets here, I will definitely use some of what they offer, there are some good items here, but I will be using them to create fantasy avatars, not mundane ones.

Thank you to the designers of these outfits!
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 04-21-2013, 01:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
I personally /love/ them. I wish I could buy them :c especially the wayward doll and those corsets o3o and skirts O3O <3

Thank you guys so much for all the stuff you've been doing for us!!<3

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 04-21-2013, 02:44 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #11  
I have my eye on the corsets, too, Sami.

Old Posted 04-21-2013, 05:05 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Tune up is the best set on Trisphee. No bias here. >.> Especially not because I spent weeks and weeks getting all the colors. No sir.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 04-21-2013, 05:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Lurker of Lurkiness
Default   #13  
I love them all~~~ I will definitely use items from all three sets in the future.
As fabulous and pretty as they are, Ulti's avatars are always male~

Please use "he"/"him" or "they"/"them" pronouns when referring to me please <3

User since 9-22-10

I love it when people use my Sinopa emotes~ <3
~
Old Posted 04-21-2013, 05:50 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lost Bird
I can safely say that Schoolyard Rumble is my favorite Common Set so far, especially that stylish skirt!

Tune Up is okay. The only thing I really like out of it is the tie. xD

Wayward Doll is a little disappointing though. Not that it's not cute, I just find it a bit too plain for my taste. Maybe if there's a bit more frilly or something... Teehee...
|
|

♪♫♪ Self-proclaimed "shy alien ambassador". ♪♫♪

Warning: Tori likes to huggle and snuggle and glomp people randomly. You have been warned. (Oh, I also bite.)
Old Posted 04-21-2013, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Choco work on your complaining... Because even outside the world of Trisphee, your complaining/critiquing right now is completely nonsense. And this is coming from ME the king of complaints on this website.
Lol. I definitely don't disagree regarding your self-stylized title there, Illusion. XD

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 04-21-2013, 07:40 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
I love the new sets I think they are diverse, really interesting with color aspects and just different! I'm glad they are not just fantasy range because I love wearing more usual styled clothing on my avavatars as well as mixing it up a little. I love the wayward doll set too! got all of the items for that one. I want the skirt and corset too haha. There are aspects I like and am really happy with this latest set outcome.
Old Posted 04-21-2013, 08:27 PM Reply With Quote