Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #33  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
I like my TV shows to be more like The Simpsons, where every episode has its own contained plot, but many jokes and references are made to past material. I like my events to be that way as well.
I'm the same exact way, that's a very good acquisition Lucid.

Old Posted 11-28-2012, 11:01 PM  
Mother Ship
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzerain of Sheol View Post
That was actually only the catalyst for his fall, the reason he's become what he is is that in killing Maesha (when he drove his spear through her heart) he sundered the Book of Secrets that she kept secured there inside her breastplate, which held the sum total of the racial magics for the Ascent and the Athiyk. The power that got released bound with the vengeful thoughts within him and effectively recreated his personality as the tyrant we see him as now (and basically stole all the power from both races and secured it within Ryuko). The italicized "voice" that's speaking to him is actually his own thoughts, just parsed through the "divine" perception of himself that he has now.

Anyway, I think it's rather obvious that something needs to be done about the organization of the story for new readers, and summaries are definitely needed (we actually have them laying around somewhere...) As soon as possible, we'll see about getting the Storybook section actually functioning as it should.

Thank you all for your feedback.
I love you now. Just so you know...because this ENTIRE TIME....I've been wondering WTF happened to him? (Read that part about the eyeballs and was like whut?)

Mind telling me how that bond slave to Ryuko thing happened? xD (Feel free to PM me that)

Like certain things on this website...I want to know more about...but most stories tend to "remind" you of things more than the story does here to me. I think that's the problem...but Idk
Old Posted 11-29-2012, 12:31 AM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #35  
I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't do Q&A threads for each event @_@

And, I'll answer here in case anyone else is curious. In the Nox Nocturnalis last year, the scene Intercession features Ryuko running into first Falla, then Faust, immediately after regaining his powers by joining his mind with the forbidden Secrets. He is mad with power, feels that he's omnipotent, and to demonstrate that he's more powerful than the gods, he first curses Falla, then enslaves Faust's soul/mind and binds him to his will.

Does that clear things up?

(I appreciate your feedback and questions, also, to note.)
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 11-29-2012, 12:45 AM  
Mother Ship
I swear I read it, but I don't remember that D:

Until the transition one (which I like caught towards the end) I was reading the events T-T

And yes it does :3 Those were the ones I really wanted to know about -nodnod-
Old Posted 11-29-2012, 01:26 AM  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #37  
i haven't read any of it! 8D -runs away and hides-
Old Posted 11-29-2012, 05:01 PM  
Harmless
I started to read it but I didn't understand much, and it's more than a little daunting to read back all the past events, though it's nice that it's all available to look through. I wish there was a little quick-start guide for people who have just joined (like myself) who haven't a clue what's going on.
Old Posted 11-30-2012, 07:50 PM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #39  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzerain of Sheol View Post
I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't do Q&A threads for each event @_@

And, I'll answer here in case anyone else is curious. In the Nox Nocturnalis last year, the scene Intercession features Ryuko running into first Falla, then Faust, immediately after regaining his powers by joining his mind with the forbidden Secrets. He is mad with power, feels that he's omnipotent, and to demonstrate that he's more powerful than the gods, he first curses Falla, then enslaves Faust's soul/mind and binds him to his will.

Does that clear things up?

(I appreciate your feedback and questions, also, to note.)
Don't forget the "give my daughter back" part. That factored a little bit into the cursing too.
Old Posted 11-30-2012, 11:58 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Just to mention, the last event scene is now up in the subforum. If anyone has any further comments or questions regarding the storyline, we'd certainly appreciate hearing them.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-03-2012, 12:17 AM  
The Illusionist
Default   #41  
Suze.... I have a question...
EXPLAIN WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED DURING THIS EVENT FOR ME. O.e...
All I got from this is Fenrir and Zypher are back, and met each other. (Quick question, are they lesbians or sisters or something?) And Falla and Faust are evil.

I'm at a lost...

Old Posted 12-03-2012, 02:10 AM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
It's Zephyr. >.>
Zypher is an old user on here. :3

And Fenrir and Zephyr are lesbian lovers. Falla and Faust aren't evil, though Faust has been enslaved by Ryuko who is evil. But on their own, the two twins aren't evil.

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 12-03-2012, 02:26 AM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #43  
That wasn't actually a question, Illusion....

Nonetheless.

First, Zephyr and Fenrir have been lovers since the Taskal War. I'm not sure how that caught you off-guard.

And Ari, that's not entirely true, though I honestly hate talking in terms of "good" and "evil" since they're incredibly simplistic. Falla and Faust have both been tremendous traumatized by what Ryuko's put them through, and have been fundamentally changed as a result. Even if Ryuko's hold over Faust were to be broken, he would be a very changed person for it; the possession has infected his very sense of identity on the most basic level, and that's never really going away. Falla has become bitter, hopeless, and in many ways merciless because she has been pushed beyond every extremity. It has nothing to do with the curse on her, in that sense; she's just become willing to do anything at this point to bring Ryuko down and save Faust. It's hard to call either of them "good guys" at this point.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what was so confusing about the event story. The Nox Nocturnalis is obviously going on, Pandora is holding a massive celebration in Isremme (the capitol city of Quesaria). She has a tender, hopeful moment with Feysha in the royal gardens early on.

Falla tries to summon the souls of the dead from the last year to Toamna, but the curse on her prevents the magic from working and instead tears down the spirit-gates to Toamna. She loses all hope and drags Niya's soul out from the legions of the dead, meaning to use it against Ryuko. So, she sets off to Quesaria with Niya in tow to try and get help from Pandora, since she's kind of helpless on her own, as we've seen. She knows that her curse will ruin anyone she comes near, but she's beyond desperate at this point.

Faust has been left alone in Ryuko's empty kingdom on Quesaria, while Ryuko has been off dealing with stuff on Deivai for the past several events. As the Nox begins, he goes out in a twisted mockery of his old purpose and reaps the souls of the dead on Quesaria, enslaving them as Ryuko has enslaved him, to populate Ryuko's realm as a gift to his master. Afterward, he continues his quest to try and open the gates to the Corrupt Realm for Ryuko and summons the spirit of Braen from the void. Death has driven Braen mad, and Faust can get nothing out of him, so he enslaves him as well, believing that Ryuko will be able to open the way through him, since he was the former god of the Corrupt.

That leaves Mirothea, who is the savior Dacorum saw in the vision Fenrir gave him. If Fenrir's role is confusing you, after she was killed by Braen during the Fight for Freedom, Lunae scooped her up from the void and reconstituted her in the Sentinel realm and began training/empowered her to be a new Sentinel. After that, Lunae fell into an unwakeable slumber of prophecy, foreseeing everything that was to come, her last act to pass the visions onto Fenrir, who was now the chief acting Sentinel. Due to the Sentinel's mandate to maintain the cosmic balance, Fenrir could only pass the vision to Dacorum, her most trusted ally from before, and hope that the prophecy would come true.

Enter Mirothea, chosen by Lunae, or perhaps by fate, to inherit the crown of Divinity and take Fenrir's place, as well to stand against Ryuko's darkness. As far as any of them know, she's the only hope of stopping him. So, Dacorum goes to collect her for her destiny, only to find that her parents are rather disagreeable about him taking their daughter away. They work it out, though, and they start off on their journey. Dacorum unfortunately didn't get any specifics with the vision, so he's rather at a loss for what to do, so he decides to bring her to see Pandora, hoping to both find news of what's been going on in the royal court, and to get a safe haven where Mira can be trained for what she needs to do.

...and that should just about cover it.

Edit: Oh, right, Fenrir and Zephyr. Fenrir sees that Ryuko is about to gain access to the Corrupt realm, which is where Zephyr has been living, and she can't bear the thought of Ryuko enslaving her, so she steps in and brings Zephyr up to the Sentinel realm to rest and heal in a crystal tomb, believing that she has truly suffered enough at this point. It's a minor violation of her role as a Sentinel, Fenrir is still very invested in her personal emotions, unlike the more dispassionate Lunae.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-03-2012, 11:34 AM  
The Illusionist
Considering that I wasn't able to even understand that any of that was happening in the story shows me just how complicated the writing/story itself actually is.

Old Posted 12-03-2012, 07:12 PM  
It Won't Stop
Default   #45  
Maybe Illu should settle for Galla translations next time.

Old Posted 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
What is the Galla translation? o.o

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 12-03-2012, 07:50 PM  
Mother Ship
Default   #47  
Didn't even know half of those names being used, partially due to not being around during the Taskal war and having no idea what it was about...other than a war obviously. (I can barely get myself to read the story line for some reason-Faust, Falla, and Ryuko are the only ones I'm interested in-I don't even know what a sentinel is XD)
Old Posted 12-03-2012, 10:49 PM  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
I couldn't even keep sense of that summary. I think there are too many characters, honestly.
Old Posted 12-07-2012, 01:54 AM