Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Magic Number
Default   #81  
I initially liked the Second Life approach. While they did seperate avatar bases into male and female, there were tons of sliders to adjust your face and body to your personal preference. Having an androgynous shape took some fiddling around in avatar creator, but was perfectly doable. Clothes would adjust to your shape (to some extent at least; if a creator decided to give their mesh clothes boobs or muscles, they would show no matter your shape).

Then users introduced "standard sizing". Officially as an attempt to make rigged mesh stuff fit better and give customers a better vocabulary to talk about what size you need when clothes shopping. Clothes designers happily jumped on the bandwagon, thus it got harder and harder to have a non conforming body and stick to it.
Death's mule librarian. The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little while longer.
Old Posted 10-12-2018, 02:49 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
I have always played as female as it always felt right to me and the options available to you because of it, oh my goddddd!!! I always felt that you get much more of a hold customizing females than males in most games and thus, my interest is always held in being a female. During my Dragon Age:Origins grinding days (hahaha), I was one 24/7 for the pure facts of how much fun it was and just how far you could go with customization!!! I normally went for lighter hair color and overall aesthetic then too, eeeeeeeeeeek!!!
Old Posted 11-04-2018, 08:58 PM Reply With Quote  
CL4P-TP
Default   #83  
9 times out of 10 I'll end up playing as a male in video games when I have the choice to pick my gender. I think the only one in the past year or so that I chose to be a female in was Mass Effect Andromeda.
Old Posted 11-13-2018, 09:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeSide View Post
How would you even portrait nonbinary tho. like... everyone interprets it differently. i feel like simply choosing pronouns makes more sense and then choosing from a feminine versus masculine character or something.
Have a menu where you can choose pronouns and shit. That'd solve it.
Old Posted 11-21-2018, 01:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #85  
I’m heckin excited to finally create my operator in Warframe bc as I hear, there’s no gender option, so everyone’s basically running aroubd w more or less androgynous space ninjas.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-21-2018, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Space ninjas sound boring, especially if everyone is doing it. I'd be a Victorian gunslinger or something, hahaha. Also, I have no idea what Warframe is or have ever heard of it, so there is no need to flame me for what I would want to be, just saying. I've been dealing with too much of that again. No gender option does sound cool though.
Old Posted 11-21-2018, 05:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Default   #87  
I always enjoy playing as a female but male is fine too if there’s no other option.
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 07:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Generally play female, but in games with gender locked choices, I tend to play the male characters better. Go figure XD

Online games with gender locked characters sometimes have a nice variety of dialogue when completing quests, which can be nice.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 07:45 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #89  
So i favor females, however sometimes I play males. I end to make any custom characters OCs in the end either way.
Razz | Pansexual | 30 | Genderfluid (She/He/They)!

Hooked on Final Fantasy XIV!
Old Posted 12-14-2018, 10:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I'm a guy and I play as a guy. But games like Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, I played as a guy first and then I started again on a different user account as a girl because I had already played as a guy.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 02-04-2019, 02:00 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #91  
What perplexes me about gender and video games is how often it seems to be assumed that girls will play as girls, but guys will readily admit to playing as girls as well (for various reasons). Maybe it comes along with the lingering disbelief that women actually play video games?
Old Posted 02-07-2019, 05:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I like to play as males. mostly males dominate the gaming industry.
I Have Been Robbed! Please Donate to my GoFundMe!

YouTube Video Fund
GoFundMe Donations

AmericanGoingCrazy Youtube Channel

Trying to get a youtube channel started! View & Subscribe & My Buddies!

2thankyou4watching
Old Posted 08-11-2019, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #93  
That *is* becoming less true for certain gaming genres.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-12-2019, 01:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I play as a girl
Idk, for whatever reason if I have an option playing as one is more enjoyable
Tho if I do have high customization levels lately I have been going for more of an androgynous look

quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
hart is now a face again. rejoice.

if you read this you owe me one aurum
Old Posted 08-12-2019, 04:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #95  
I'm the opposite; I usually use a male base and try to go for a more androgynous/feminine face.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 08-12-2019, 02:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Anyone else spending an unreasonable amount of time on character creation? ^^
Depending on the game it can be so much fun to try all options.
Old Posted 08-12-2019, 07:31 PM Reply With Quote