Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dazed
Red face [insert title here]   #1  
I'm going to be moving back to Kentucky in a few months, and I'm stressing about finding a new job mostly. I'm also trying to steer myself into some sort of career path but I'm kind of uninspired.

What's the best job/career you've ever had? What did you like/dislike about it?

Also! While we're here, what are some of your favorite hobbies that you utilize to help calm you down or just relax?
Old Posted 12-11-2018, 02:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
it sounds lame but i loved being a medical receptionist. it was the most rewarding job I've ever had.

Old Posted 12-11-2018, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3  
I think my current favorite job was either my first job (cashier at a small-town drug store) or when I used to work in the produce department at a small grocery store during my short college duration in Wyoming. They were just very relaxed places and I could kind of just do my own thing as long as certain things got done.
Although in a week or two, my new favorite job may change as I hopefully will be a part time or full time library clerk.
>w<
BOOKS!

As for my relaxing hobbies, it can vary from day to day, but I often enjoy creative endeavors such as chainmaille and loom knitting. And also reading.
And attempting to learn/relearn other crafts like embroidery, sewing, and crochet, just to list a few.
Old Posted 12-11-2018, 04:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i don't have a proper job right now, more towards an apprenticeship at a rustic shop. it's decent enough, but calculations and math are hard, man. (at least we have a calculator.)

hobbies, huh? well, i play video games, i draw and i code.

the coding aspect is mostly for those ukagaka things -- they're little bastards once you get into the complex stuff, and there's no native debugger on the program we use to make these. thankfully, there's an addon that gives us a debugger. (the native log for the program is more towards for surface issues.)

on the video games side of things, i've been very interested in Don't Starve lately. interested enough to make a roleplay blog for one of the protagonists.

drawing side of things, i've been doing a lot of that and trying to figure out anatomy, again. it's a bit frustrating, but i'm getting there.

oh, and writing. well. i haven't actually updated any of my fanfics bc i'm lazy.
Old Posted 12-20-2018, 01:03 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
career, hobby, job