Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Double Rainbow
Talking Me Mum and Aunt Surprised Me   #1  
When my mom dropped me off at work yesterday (Friday the 1st), I gave my mom money so she could buy me a $10 eshop card, pay some bills, and buy gas. While she was at Walmart, she took a picture of the complete 11th season of Doctor Who. I was unaware they had it, so when I saw the picture at break, you can bet I was elated (work kept me from watching the show)! I asked if she got it, though she was at home when I replied (I was busy at work, working to read the text.) Well, after I apprised her I did not own the season, she went back to Walmart and got it for me. I was ecstatic and surprised!
Now, my aunt surprised me a different way.

Some time last year, I wrote a letter to me aunt in hopes she would receive it when she got home from her sisters' trip. To me surprise, the letter actually arrived as I had planned. She learned I enjoy fountain pens, and somewhere along the way, she had come upon a special book. Why is it special? It was a surprise gift I did not ask for! She had sent the book with a card stating she saw the book and thought I might like it. She's wrong, but only because I love it! In fact, reading the book made me want to join the pen making business! I still have a lot to learn, and in order to do so, I may need to dissect pens in order to see how they work as well as why they do not work. Then I can practice making pens! I would need money and resources, and I doubt I would get support from my family besides my aunt. I digressed. Anyways, I wanted to sing out in joy when I saw the book! I still have to a lot to read. Reading about the Parker Pen Company was intriguing, and I want to learn more about it. According to the book, Mr. Parker sent pens with red capsules to soldiers during the Great War (WWI)! How cool is that! They even made pens for businessmen and school children! The book came just a week or two away from Christmas. I still have to get my aunt a gift or two as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 02-03-2019, 03:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
nice!

i know someone who seems to be into fountain pens, their name is ChangeSide on here. you might be able to catch them coming on, but it depends. maybe you can chat with them and see their experiences in using fountain pens?
Old Posted 02-03-2019, 10:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #3  
Oh, cool! I gotta find them! Hopefully, I see them post.

I'll be honest. I have been away from this site for a while, and I'm surprised someone remembered me.
Quote:
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 02-03-2019, 11:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I'll be honest. I have been away from this site for a while, and I'm surprised someone remembered me.
I remember you. Lol.

Your avatar is very you and fits well with this.

I found some calligraphy markers for writing in Chinese and I thought of your love for pens. I'm glad you liked your surprises.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 02-04-2019, 01:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock Shamus View Post
I remember you. Lol.

Your avatar is very you and fits well with this.

I found some calligraphy markers for writing in Chinese and I thought of your love for pens. I'm glad you liked your surprises.
Ah, but we had discord and caedon for a bit; although, we did stop talking around the time I stopped visiting Trisphee. It makes me happy people remembered me and my love for fountain pens! You have been on my mind a lot before our recent interaction.

Yes, I'm quite enraptured about my surprises! Even the one where people remembered me!
Quote:
Last edited by Boris; 02-04-2019 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Forgot to respond to a statement, so edited for rectification.
Old Posted 02-04-2019, 03:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
In the grand scheme of things, you haven’t been away for that long.

...Then again, perception of time becomes warped when you are missing large swathes of memory.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-05-2019, 04:44 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #7  
That's so sweet!! <3

And I remember you, as well, even if you've been absent for a bit! :)

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-05-2019, 06:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
In the grand scheme of things, you haven’t been away for that long.

...Then again, perception of time becomes warped when you are missing large swathes of memory.
How short was my absence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
That's so sweet!! <3

And I remember you, as well, even if you've been absent for a bit! :)
I remember some of you guys as well. In fact, I can still recall one of your voices as well... well, they haven't posted in this thread, but yeah.
Quote:
Old Posted 02-05-2019, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #9  
July was the last month you were actively posting; however, you have posted at least once a month for almost every month since.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-06-2019, 05:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Oh, you're right!
Quote:
Old Posted 02-07-2019, 12:20 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #11  
Yup, you can't hide from us, Boris!

Unless you weren't trying to hide, then that's ok, too. =w=

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 02-07-2019, 03:11 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
book, doctor who, fountain pens, reading, surprises