Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #49  
Oh, I meant it as a technical thing. From the user's perspective, it's exactly like what I described there. :P
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-28-2014, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Oh gosh Coda the Gravity Run one is so difficult. ^o^' I just played it and got to 86.
Please click the egg(s) below!

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 11:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #51  
86 is really good! (I think my best ever is like 152.) It's supposed to be hard -- it's intended to be a fairly short high-score-challenge game. It makes dying less of a barrier (you can just jump right back in and try again).

It's easier than Flappy Bird. ;)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-15-2015, 01:52 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Ah, yeah. With Flappy Bird you have to tap and that's more of a pain than pressing keys on my keyboard. XD

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 02:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #53  
Flappy Bird is also much less forgiving of mistakes and has smaller targets. Gravity Runner gives you an "oops" button -- if you miss landing on a platform you can flip gravity to try to land on the bottom of it or on a later one.

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 02:57 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Aye, I thought that was a cool addition! :)

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 03:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #55  
Personally I tend to switch to the bottom of platforms when it starts trending toward the top of the screen to get me more visible space to work in.

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 03:10 PM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Yeah towards the end I switched a few times, but on accident I double clicked and I messed it all up.

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #57  
... gasp! I just beat my Gravity Runner high score, substantially. XD I got to 184. MAN it gets going fast.

Old Posted 01-18-2015, 11:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
I feel so much like a looser now.. my highest score was like.. 20 something xD

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 01-19-2015, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #59  
... okay, yeah, I can tell I'm bored when I'm playing my own games to beat my own high scores. XD 248!

Old Posted 01-19-2015, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
After nearly a year, a Gravity Runner update! The original version is still where it always was. The new version can be found here:

http://greenmaw.com/webgames/kyun/runner.html

There have been a lot of changes!

For starters, I made the game a little bit easier by reducing the rate at which it speeds up. I also made the play control feel more like it has more impact on gameplay -- speeding up moves you farther to the right, slowing down moves you farther to the left, switching gravity isn't instant and gives you a moment of weightlessness. This doesn't make it directly easier but it makes it feel like you're having more of an influence on it, and that kind of feedback should make it easier to develop your skills.

I changed the scoring system a little, too. Points accumulate faster now (so you should all be beating your old high scores easily, although the high scores saved in your browser will have been inflated to compensate). Speeding up now gives you bonus points and slowing down reduces your point gains -- it was always supposed to work this way, but I wasn't aggressive enough with the bonuses/penalties so it ended up that you would always get the same amount of points per distance covered. Hopefully this should make the game feel more encouraging.

I also put a lot of effort into making the game run more efficiently. Laptop users should notice less battery drain and less CPU heating, and people not using Chrome (which already ran the game well) should see everything moving more smoothly and the controls feeling more responsive.

More obviously, the game looks totally different now! I decided to give it a bit of a Trisphee flair since you guys are currently my biggest audience. I came up with a new concept for the visuals, and Illusion provided me with some sprites to use. I'm particularly happy with the animations. They make the movement more visible and gives the character (now Kyun) a sense of interaction with the world. He squishes when he hits the ground! He stretches himself out a little to start a jump! He pushes himself to go faster! And flipping gravity now isn't nearly invisible, so you can have a better feeling for what's going on.

A minor negative: Touchscreen and WiiU support haven't been updated. They probably don't work. I'll get to it once I get the rest of what I'm working on taken care of so I only have to make those changes once.

Old Posted 04-11-2015, 12:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #61  
-drools over gravity runner- ILLU and CODA YOU BOTH DID AN AMAZING JOB! -runs off with kyun-

Love you both! Kyun is so adorable! <3

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 04-11-2015, 09:16 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
A minor negative: Touchscreen and WiiU support haven't been updated. They probably don't work. I'll get to it once I get the rest of what I'm working on taken care of so I only have to make those changes once.
I tested the game on my Samsung S5 the other day, when I tap the screen it speeds up... That's it. I somehow managed to get a score of 90 something even that I wasn't able to change the gravity.

Old Posted 04-11-2015, 11:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #63  
My friend said it doesn't work on a browser called Comodo? She wouldn't really give me details other than the controls didn't work.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 04-12-2015, 03:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
That's not really very helpful. And I can't say I know why, because Comodo's browser is based on Chromium, and it works fine there.

I suppose if Comodo changes how keyboard focus is managed for some reason it might cause the controls to appear not to work. Try clicking on the game in the window. (Once I add a title screen, you'll need to click to start anyway, which will hide this problem.)

Old Posted 04-12-2015, 08:20 AM Reply With Quote