Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Multiply Six by Nine
Default Bioshock Infinite   #1  
I finally got around to playing this and it's fantastic! A lot of it gives me flashbacks to the first Bioshock. Very early on I was a bit more convinced that I'd rather watch this than play it, kinda hoping it was a movie instead. So has anyone else played this? If so what are your thoughts?
Old Posted 08-18-2013, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
I never played the first two Bioshock games, so this was my first experience with the series. It's a perfectly fine introduction to the series since it focuses on different characters and worlds, but I did miss a few of the references.

I didn't play the game because I suck at first person shooters, but I watched my husband play through the whole game. I LOVED it! I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't go into detail. I do agree that it might've made a fantastic movie. The interaction and discovery aspect is really cool though. I think that's why a lot of the big action-adventure games this year have made significantly more money than blockbuster films.

I would play this game myself even despite my dislike of first person shooters. It's an amazing game whether you're a veteran of the series or if it's your first time. I sincerely hope it wins Game of the Year.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 08-19-2013, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Multiply Six by Nine
Default   #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
I never played the first two Bioshock games, so this was my first experience with the series. It's a perfectly fine introduction to the series since it focuses on different characters and worlds, but I did miss a few of the references.

I didn't play the game because I suck at first person shooters, but I watched my husband play through the whole game. I LOVED it! I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't go into detail. I do agree that it might've made a fantastic movie. The interaction and discovery aspect is really cool though. I think that's why a lot of the big action-adventure games this year have made significantly more money than blockbuster films.

I would play this game myself even despite my dislike of first person shooters. It's an amazing game whether you're a veteran of the series or if it's your first time. I sincerely hope it wins Game of the Year.
I just finished it today so I'm going to hide the following under the spoiler thing:

Old Posted 08-21-2013, 01:18 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
I would really love to play the first games, but my husband doesn't really want to - the games are on his computer. As far as Infinite I don't feel like I need to since I watched it from beginning to end.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 08-22-2013, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #5  
Well, I've played all three games now and...wow...just....mind blown. The ending to Infinite just...what...makes you think and all I can seem to respond with is, "Wibbly wobbly, timey-wimey stuff."
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 01-13-2014, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I adore these games! I have a picture of a pink Big Daddy. It's on my other computer though.
I've been in the hospital for a month!
Pneumonia. Complications and chest tubes.
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 01-22-2014, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #7  
...never played...
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 01-22-2014, 06:15 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I never played the original 2 before, but I've watched my friends play them. The game is up on PS+ so I took the time to see what the hype is about. I was only able to watch my friend play some of the beginning, but the internet spoiled the story for me before hand.
The story was great, a sad ending that lacked hype or impact, but it has a lot of depth to it without you realizing it.
The game-play in general...? Ok, I liked the use of the Vigors with normal FPS set up, but the problem with me is that I hate First Person Shooter games unless there is more substance to it. Because of that I felt like the game-play was truly holding me back for enjoying the game-play experience. I would really enjoy a Bioshock game that used nothing but Vigor's or Plastids or whatever the new magic/science thingamajig is called. That would had been a cooler game and more interesting game-play mechanic.
Overall, the game was REALLY short, the Developers must have truly been hoping you played the game on a harder difficulty to stretch out the game, I finished the game in 1 sitting.

Long story short, I'm very impressed with the story, art style, vigors, and the relationship between Elizbeth and Booker within the game. EVERYONE should give this game a shot, I got my Grandpa to buy the game and he's extremely into the game.
Gamer Grandpa = Rulez

Old Posted 01-22-2014, 06:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #9  
Umm...grandparents can't even run a basic computer...
Is there a PC version? (Have no gaming consoles)
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 01-22-2014, 07:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Yeah, there should be a PC version available through Steam...lemme go check. *runs off*
*rungs back* Yep, there is. For $30 you can get infinite and they have the first two games bundled for about $40. Not too bad considering the original prices.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 01-23-2014, 11:59 AM Reply With Quote