Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #3809  
Grab it and walk out the door.
Or, commonly, slide the fabric off the bolt and stuff it into a giant purse.
Old Posted 01-23-2021, 03:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
i mean, i get sliding it off the bolt and stuffing it into a purse. but just walking out with the bolt seems to assume no one is watching *sigh*

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-23-2021, 03:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3811  
They know we're watching. They just also know we can't do anything so they don't care.
Old Posted 01-23-2021, 04:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
yeah *sigh*

we can't do anything about it either, if people manage to get stuff out of the store. if we see someone in the store, we "offer them awesome customer service," and hope that sticking on them like glue will get them to abandon their shoplifting plans and leave. if we do see someone leave, we call and email the closest stores and give them descriptions of the people and the items. that way, if they do try to "return" the item - "I don't have the receipt and i paid cash" or "i got these as a gift, and i already had them" - the nearby stores will know that's wrong. when we get these kinds of returns, and if we haven't had the items in the sale history, we tell them they have to return them to the store they got them from.

but yeah, it's frustrating.

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-23-2021, 04:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3813  
Minus letting other stores know, that's all we can do too. And if they try to return stuff to us, we (a manager) can look up big items in the computer to confirm if it was purchased or not.
But all returns without reciepts also go onto "store credit" cards as well, which the managers can cancel. So if they steal something big and then return it and get it as store credit, we can basically recover the item.
Unfortunately that almost never happens. I suspect they go to either pawn shops or just sell on ebay or facebook marketplace.
Old Posted 01-23-2021, 04:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
yeah, that's probably what happens with a lot of the stuff that gets lifted from us too. *sigh*

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-23-2021, 04:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3815  
Ahhh! One of my fave coffee shops just posted that they're hiring at both locations and now I'm torn. Because idk if I want to jump back into a full schedule again or if I want to continue to relax (with a tight budget) and have time to get Etsy going. Because right now, my schedule allows for almost 3 full days off (tbh, it might as well be 3 days off because one day is just 4 hours of sitting at a desk, monitoring any visitors via the security cameras and basically doing nothing) where I can work on creative endeavors or just relax, whereas my previous schedule only gave me 1 full day off.

But also, they're awesome and I love coffee, so it would be a great fit and I could use the money... >.>
Idk. I mean, I could, in theory, apply, get a job there, and drop the front desk hours at the museum, but I'd need to basically be working 20 hours there to make it significantly better than my only 10-ish hours at the museum currently, which would put me right back up to working nearly full time hours and that is just a lot when you don't have a car.
I'm seriously debating it a lot. Might weigh the pros and cons over the next few days. I have a couple days next week that I'll have time to go and apply if I decide to do it. And if not, they're usually hiring again in the fall (when the college kids who got summer jobs go back to school).
I just kind of want to be a little pickier about where I work and how much I work since I just got out of working myself to death at a job I hate.
XP
Old Posted 01-23-2021, 07:30 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
People steal bolts of fabric?? Wtf? o_O

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 01-23-2021, 11:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3817  
You could say they bolt with the fabric.
Old Posted 01-23-2021, 11:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
People steal bolts of fabric?? Wtf? o_O
Oh yeah, they'll take anything that isn't locked up. And depending on the locking mechanism, they'll try taking stuff that is too.
Old Posted 01-23-2021, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3819  
Neighbor's car has had its lights on for the longest time today, and idk if they even know...

Old Posted 01-26-2021, 01:48 AM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Ah that's no good. Their battery might die
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 01-26-2021, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3821  
*flops onto the floor*
I am frustrated by myself. Just a general frustration. Because I may have goofed and slowed my project progress down by not simply double-checking something. Hopefully, if I remember correctly though, it's only a slight delay, because I think I should have all the supplies I need at home, I just grabbed the wrong shade of purple so I can't work on them while at work. Which sucks because it's dead right now and I could have been close to half done with one of the gloves had it not been for that mistake.
XP

Anyway....don't mind my little rant. I just needed to get it out.
Old Posted 01-26-2021, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBon View Post
Ah that's no good. Their battery might die
I think it did... because the car was making noises with the lights flashing before it stopped. x_X Idk... then today I noticed it was moved, so maybe they took care of it.

Old Posted 01-26-2021, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
More More More Magic
Default   #3823  
ah that's good.

Hang in there Kad <3 it's okay to make mistakes
•♪♫♥Mon♦Bon•♫♥

I make art and stuff

Old Posted 01-28-2021, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah...this project is a lesson in not rushing so much tbh.
Ex: Planned for one scale design, bought scales for that, then came up with a better design, but didn't double check to make sure my scale counts would be accurate, leading to needing to order MORE scales. XP
So I've basically spent almost $35 just in scales on gloves that I'm only getting $65 for. XP
(If I had taken an extra day or two to properly plan things out, I probably only would have had to spend around $15-20 on scales.)
Old Posted 01-29-2021, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote