Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Weaver of Tales
Default   #65  
Eventually, Aston wound down, and stood up, moving over to Evan, and setting him on all fours again. He was still sort of chuckling. "Here." he instructed. "One paw in front of the other. Think of it like you have two sets of legs. Co-ordinate them. Make them match. The left front, and the right back go first, then the other two. Try it."

He backed up, and let Evan go. Eventually, the dog did get the hang of walking, even if it was a sort of funny gait, and he did tend to go sideways at inopportune times. He couldn't run or be a floppy, flouncy dog right now - but at least he could walk in a semi-straight like.

~This is like the worst sobriety test ever devised.~ he complained to K. ~I mean, seriously. I'd like to see Aston try walking like this. It's like my legs have a mind of their own.~
Old Posted 11-16-2016, 12:48 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
"That tends to happen, when you have so many limbs. Especially when you're not used to handling them." Not that he, the composed and very unamused angel, would know anything about what that was like. "Do you need another minute? Maybe a walk around the block?"

Old Posted 11-16-2016, 12:55 AM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #67  
Evan sat down flat, with a very splay-legged look, and canted his head to one side, eyeing K. ~Now, you're just teasing me.~ he said with a huff, and went to stand again, slipping on the slick surface, and almost falling over again before he managed to regain his balance. Shaky-legged, he started toward the angel. Once again, not at a run - but at least he was walking, and not falling all over himself in the attempt. ~I'm ready to go when you are-ACK!~ That last 'ack' was Bruiser's left hind leg sliding out from under him as he didn't have a good enough grip on the linoleum, and down he went on his side, flopping there in defeat. ~ARRRRGH! How do I LEGS?!~ he almost screamed, even though to Aston it was just barking.
Old Posted 11-16-2016, 01:02 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Sighing heavily, K pushed himself away from his chosen wall to meet the demon on the floor. He squatted down and tilted his head as he took the dog's head between his hands. "You're overthinking it. Just calm down for a minute. Feel things out for yourself and stop rushing. That body already knows what to do, if you'll let it."

Old Posted 11-16-2016, 01:17 AM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #69  
Although the demon was loathe to admit it, the angel was right. He had to calm down, take deep breaths, close his eyes, and stop overthinking shit. For a moment, he did close his eyes, put his full weight on K - just his head - and let himself be a dog. It did come naturally to him, he just hadn't been relaxed or open enough. When he did finally calm down, he was able to get onto all fours with nary a wobble. The body did know what to do - and now, so did he. He also had to admit that it felt really, really good to be able to spread out like this. So good, in fact, that his tail started wagging. When he decided on a final vessel for this form, he had to include a wagging tail. That was a must.

~Alright. I'm ready to go when you are.~ he said, tongue lolling again. ~I think I've got the hang of this now that I've calmed down some.~
Old Posted 11-16-2016, 01:48 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
"Good." K stood back up and wiped his hands off on the sides of his pants. "I can't feel where those boys are, I assume because of something my darling brother has done to them. So you can either come looking with me and hope we get lucky on the first try, or I can find them, and then come get you."

Old Posted 11-16-2016, 02:01 AM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #71  
~I'll come with you. I can use my nose.~ Evan said, already starting to sniff around near the chair where Dean had been sitting. ~I can smell them in here, I should be able to follow it outside.~

Aston leaned against the wall, and watched the two. "You guys be careful, alright? I still want to give Evan an examination once you guys get back. Even so... just please take it easy. No massive fights, no running for miles and miles. I'm worried about a couple of different things that might be part of your 'essence' Evan. I know I can't understand you, but I'm pretty dang sure you can understand me. Bark if you do."

Evan barked, and wagged his tail. ~I understand, now can we get going? I have a fresh scent, and I don't want to lose it.~
Old Posted 11-16-2016, 02:04 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
"I wasn't planning on any running," K replied, frowning down at the demon-dog. "And I'm afraid you might have the wrong idea about how we're doing this. I hardly intend to wait on you and your nose the entire way. We're going to the school first, and if you can get your nose in a reasonable order when we get there, then you can go sniffing around. For now..." He narrowed his eyes down at Evan, then opened his arms, clearly wanting the oversized pup to jump up. "Come on. Let's make this quick."

Old Posted 11-16-2016, 02:22 AM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #73  
Every dog in history knew what that gesture meant, and he did so with great haste, launching himself into the angel's arms, and settling there - albeit a bit on the bewildered side. Both his ears were flat, as he was afraid K was going to drop him. He was, after all, about 89 pounds of animal right now... Not exactly a lightweight. ~I'm too heavy for this.~ he thought to the angel, tail tucked firmly between his legs. ~You're gonna drop me.~

Of course, Aston couldn't hear the dog, and merely watched as he jumped into K's arms. "If you want to get to the school - and I assume you're planning on flying - you want to get out of this neighborhood, take Old Tree - which is the road this feeds into - and find Cardinal Way. Take that for about five minutes, and you'll get to Birgit Road. Follow Birgit Road for half-a-mile, then turn right onto Silent Creek. The school's recognizable, because it's the only building down that way that has a huge parking lot. It's maybe a mile-and-a-quarter down Silent Creek. You can't miss it. Of course, since you're flying... you could just look for the only building for miles with a blue roof painted with a puma. That's always an option, too."
Old Posted 11-16-2016, 10:42 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
For his part, K caught the demon dog with only a quiet grunt and a single step backwards. The weight wasn't nearly as much of an issue as managing all of the extra limbs, but if there was one thing the angel was used to, it was definitely managing way too many limbs. "You're fine," he said in answer to the demon's thoughts. "I throw around guys twice my size for fun."

His attention shifted to Aston as the man took it upon himself to give directions to the old place. He waited and listened, and when the hunter had finished, he nodded politely. "Thank you. We'll be back soon enough."

Old Posted 11-16-2016, 07:58 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #75  
Evan's stomach dropped when they took off, and he immediately closed his eyes. Not to put TOO fine a point on it, but he was afraid of heights. In dog form or other. He trembled non-stop, although he was trying to be in the best position not to be dropped, and kept his legs where K had put them. ~Don't like flying. Don't like flying. Don't like flying. Don't like flying...~ he whimpered, with his eyes still squeezed shut.

~After we get to this school, what exactly do you want to do? They might not even be there yet, or maybe they decided not to go there at all. It's not like they have any REASON to.~
Old Posted 11-17-2016, 11:44 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Honestly, it was astounding that the demon could repeat the same phrase so many times in such quick succession. It had just finished its question when the angel landed outside of the building.

He kept hold on the canine vessel as he looked around for any sign of the brothers, a soft rustle of feathers settling just behind his back. "If they're not here, I'll find them and come back for you. It'll be quicker that way, anyway. I don't like flying slow for passengers like you."

Old Posted 11-18-2016, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #77  
The dog visibly bristled for a moment, then decided to let it go. Petty grievances didn't particularly bother him for the moment. They'd bother him plenty later - but right now, the most important thing was to find the brothers. Before they killed someone. While he was clearly uncomfortable with the notion, he sat and gave K a very long glare.

~Alright, but if you leave me here...~ He trailed off, leaving the sentence unfinished. Actual truth? He didn't know what he'd do to the angel if K left him here. Probably nothing. Best to make it seem like a threat, though. ~I can try and get a scent or something while you're zooming around looking for things.~ he mentioned, lifting a paw to scratch a his nose.
Old Posted 11-22-2016, 12:14 PM Reply With Quote