Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default I'm leaving the site   #1  
...For 1 second.
(ONE SECOND LATER.)
Oh look I'm back now! So Trisphites I have a question to ask all of you. When you read the title I'd assume you thought I was leaving, so what were you thinking in that short second?

Were you going to try and keep me here?
Were you going to ask why? Or were you going to dance on my absence while wearing a Mexican hat and party hat?
Or did you think yourself or the site did something wrong?

Now reasoning being I'm asking you all this is because I'd like to ask everyone of your opinion? Why would someone leave this site? And would you as a member of this community try to correct a problem that you agreed with was the reasoning that person left?
And how would you try to correct that problem?

The reason why I'm bringing this up, because, I think every one who is trying to correct this site in someway is skipping a couple of steps. We normally jump to a conclusion, or simply say that there isn't so and so on the site. Wait hold on, what went wrong there? Think. Why is it bad to think that the site needs a new feature to have people come here? What about that person? This is a social networking site, and if that person isn't social, he or she isn't going to stay. Why do we simply skip over the first step which is that person, and jump to step 2 or 3 and try to do some big project only to have it fail at execution because there is no one there to enjoy it?

So everyone, what are you, yourself, going to do to have people stay on the site?
And what will you as part of the Trisphee community will do to push an effort to make Trisphee the wonderful community you want it to be?

I hope I was clear, and asked good enough questions. >w<

Old Posted 03-31-2014, 10:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
..... I was going to stab you and then tie you to the damn site. No emotions right now, HIMYM broke me and I can't have you leaving now too.
Old Posted 03-31-2014, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #3  
Ahh, I still need to watch the series finale of HIMYM. >3< (NO spoilers please!)

Also, you better not leave Illu. I forbid it. I demand it. And I refuse to ever believe it.

That is all. Lol.

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 04-01-2014, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
The truth is that friendships on Trisphee are what keep people on Trisphee, for the most part. The majority of those leaving have either been hurt by another on Trisphee, or have very little continued contact with friends they had on Trisphee.

That is largely due to people getting older, and having less time in general.

Friendships are likely a large reason why Gaia is not up to 1/3 smaller in their population.

As to my response...intense sadness
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 04-01-2014, 04:51 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #5  
Did anyone even read what I posted...? I said right away that I wasn't leaving and...
*Face Palm*

Old Posted 04-01-2014, 06:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
haha xD I read the title, and thought 'Illu's April Fools day Joke?" then read the rest of the thing.

I'm hardly on any more because of life and games o3o I only come back to chat to friends. And I agree with Lawtawn. Most of the reasons people leave the site is because something had happened between other members and they just don't want to deal with those people.

They feel safer on other sites where that person doesn't exist (yet)and so they migrate there. And when 1 person leaves, 1 or 2 of their friends will follow. This is what I've seen happen during my stay here on Trisphee.

Another reason: Some people who are used to websites having this and that and are spoiled by it, do leave because trisphee doesn't have much in the way of attractions. Nothing Tris can really do about that because they have other things to fix before coming up with new projects to work on to make the people happy. Too many things to do and too few coders to do them. We can always make new attractions but, when all is said and done, the people who join just for those attractions will eventually leave for a website with better attractions.

And then there is the third reason on why people leave. They've grown tired of websites like this or just no longer have the time for them. Again not really anything we can do about that either.

So can we fix these problems? 2 of them no. Drama and Life, no one can fix. The one about the attractions, we could do if the site had the man power and time, but if you ask me, there are other things more important that need fixed coding wise before we add games and other things.

People Come, People Go, Such is the way of websites. =u=

I doubt i made any sense.. >x< I'm going back to bed.. lemme alone! -curls up-

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 04-01-2014, 08:57 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #7  
Just like Inari, I totally thought from the title that it was an April Fool's Day joke. And then I thought, "If it's not, I am angry! D:<"

I've been through a large spectrum of (in)activity on Trisphee. When I do go inactive for a while, it's usually because I don't know a lot of people or don't feel comfortable chatting, start lurking, and then only check in a few times a week. Then I try to force myself to come back because I miss the friends I do have and realize it's stupid to stop posting just because there's new people and I'm shy. Trisphee has always, always been about the community and usually people leave because they either had drama with someone on the site or the site is too slow and they don't feel like they can have a conversation. That second problem is a big one for a lot of users lately, and it's a circular problem: the more people leave, the less chatting there is, so the more people feel the site is slow, and the more people leave. Flashy new features sound like a great solution to this problem because they're ways to keep people on the site longer without posting (so they have something to do to wait for people to post) and also to attract new people, to add more people to the conversation and post more often. I agree it's not the only way, or even the best way for certain people, but new features can be an adequate solution to multiple needs. I definitely think that there's other things that can be done too, like making the forums more organized.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 04-01-2014, 09:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Yes.
Illusion, I did read your article. I don't know about anyone else, but I am trying my best with tris-things.

Keeping a social community active is like inflating the economy...without the dramatic issues with inflation (I hope)

Alias, more posts = more Trisphee activity (As opposed to printing more money XD )
__

__

Last edited by Lawtan; 04-01-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old Posted 04-01-2014, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawtan View Post
Yes.
Illusion, I did read your article. I don't know about anyone else, but I am trying my best with tris-things.

Keeping a social community active is like inflating the economy...without the dramatic issues with inflation (I hope)

Alias, more posts = more Trisphee activity (As opposed to printing more money XD )
It's official, Law is printing money! SOMEONE CALL THE TBI!! (Trisphee Bureau of Investigation.) Hurry! We most stop this inflation of counter-fit aurum from circulating around the site!

Old Posted 04-01-2014, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
*Puts on Librarian glasses and grabs library book*
You wouldn't accuse an innocent Librarian would you? *gives puppy eyes*
__

__

Old Posted 04-02-2014, 10:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Default   #11  
I've had a lot of experience with people leaving sites because staff made them angry or they didn't really have time to get on anymore. I like to say goodbye to most people, though, even if I don't know them, so I figured I'd come by and do that. Seeing as you are not actually leaving, though... haha. Welcome back?
Old Posted 04-02-2014, 12:52 PM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
I have grown bored with websites especially if there isn't an abundance of activity. Don't get me wrong back in 2010 - 2011 I loved this site, the people and the events, I was here all day every day. Things however happened and I quit for a year, when I came back I forced myself to talk to people but I felt uncomfortable around certain people because of history, and then there was drama between myself and another user so when my friends left I followed them. I took another three months leave and came back deciding I would be on this site until my items are gone, I think the only thing that could keep me on this site would be a good rp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Old Posted 04-02-2014, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
...For 1 second.
(ONE SECOND LATER.)
Oh look I'm back now! So Trisphites I have a question to ask all of you. When you read the title I'd assume you thought I was leaving, so what were you thinking in that short second?
I wonder who's leaving now and why. Wonder what kind of drama is going to start now..

Quote:
Were you going to try and keep me here?
I'm slightly anti-social so.. I probably would have posted a "It's your choice but you'll be missed!" (even though I don't really know you) because everyone wants to feel that they'll be missed, even if they won't be.

Quote:
Were you going to ask why? Or were you going to dance on my absence while wearing a Mexican hat and party hat?
No. It's people's choices to leave or stay. If you wanted to leave then it's not my right to beg or force you to stay. In most cases, you'd just take a small or long hiatus and eventually return. Everyone does. Hell, I play a text-based MMORPG and have taken 3-4 years off of it then returned. I still take a month or two off here and there, but always return cause I enjoy it too much. Likewise for LoL, WoW, and various other games.

Quote:
Or did you think yourself or the site did something wrong?
Sometimes people let their emotions go a little too wild on the one thing on a site that they hate most and they shouldn't. They need to think of all the good they had previous and possibly after that one wrong thing the site did. Such as, I've not been too thrilled or happy about the donation items these past few months, however, I know others have been. Just because I don't like it, I shouldn't take it out on the site. They'll eventually come out with an item that is preferred by me and others may not even like it either!

Quote:
Why would someone leave this site?
I've seen people leave because they don't like the items. They don't like the staff. They don't get their way. They've grown a bit bored with the site. It's not very active. Too busy with life. There's hundreds out there!

Quote:
And would you as a member of this community try to correct a problem that you agreed with was the reasoning that person left?
If that problem was with me, eventually, probably. I tend to keep to myself when I'm pissed off but give me a day or two by myself and I'll eventually return and try to work it out with you. Usually.

Quote:
And how would you try to correct that problem?
Private messaging, probably. Try to work it out but if I see that they're dead set on keeping the argument, I'll just walk away and let them continue steaming on it. I try to live my life without grudges. It's a very sad, depressing and lonely way to live your life if you're always holding a grudge and never forgiving.

Quote:
So everyone, what are you, yourself, going to do to have people stay on the site?
Make a sticky or announcement post requesting users to give their opinions. Be sure to make it clear that it cannot be something that requires advanced coding, but ideas that may be able to be made in the -now-. Such as an event idea.

Quote:
And what will you as part of the Trisphee community will do to push an effort to make Trisphee the wonderful community you want it to be?
Unfortunately, I've been busy with my own website. Developing storylines, history and creation myths. But I'll probably give my thumbs up to the ideas others suggest that I'm in agreeance towards!
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 04-02-2014, 02:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
I play a text-based MMORPG
You mean a MUD? ;)
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-02-2014, 04:07 PM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
You mean a MUD? ;)
Never heard of those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Old Posted 04-02-2014, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Multi-User Dungeon (sometimes Multi-User Dimension), the predecessor of MMORPGs; it's a genre of text-based multiplayer RPGs that's usually based on the mechanics of Dungeons and Dragons but automated and streamlined and semi-real-time. (i.e. everyone has a defined number of attacks they get to make in every six-second round, but those attacks fire automatically without needing you to do anything, and you can cast spells or use skills on top of that)

I've played a lot, written my own from scratch even. I've been tempted to write one for Trisphee but MUDs are kinda passe on the modern Internet so I doubted anyone would want to play it.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-02-2014, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote