Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Forward Thinker
Default Toho's Dev Diary, 15 Oct - Commons & Avatars   #1  
Hey guys! Remember these? Sorry, I've been preoccupied with other things for a while...but I'm back to development again!

There are two main things I'm working on at the moment. The first is mostly Coda's deal, but I'm finishing up some of the server-side code.

That is to say, we've made a new tool for preparing Common Item releases... and you know what that means? We're gonna resume common item releases regularly. (It's been a while on those, too...)

It's a slick tool Coda's made, rest assured.

Now, the other thing I'm working on, that I think ultimately people will find more interesting and immediately useful: New Avatar Editor!

The development is still in fairly early stages, so I'm not really comfortable with showing you screenshots of my work, because it's not currently indicative of future functionality. BUT. I still want to tell you it's coming.

You might be thinking to yourself, But Toho! Trisphee's avatar editor is already super cool, what're you doing this for?

And that is, of course, a good question! "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," they say.

...Which is kinda a terrible thing for keeping relevant. But, you know, whatever.

There are several features that are going to be added into the avatar editor, and in the course of adding those features, it's worth updating the editor to use more modern web technologies.

What features? Oh yeah, I should probably tell you the cool stuff.

The new avatar editor will:

• Do everything the current editor does

• Have bigger pose selectors for items (no more dinky box that requires so much scrolling)

• Items will be searchable and sortable in different ways

• Commons will get grouped up like the shops

• Better touch support (dragging layers and stuff)

• Closet! Save multiple avatar looks to switch back to. How many is undecided just yet

• All "Free!" common items in the shops will now always be available (hideable, of course).

• Since the freebies will always be there, the Avatar Editor will now also be step 1 in making an account on Trisphee, complete with a little tutorial

• The current "Inventory" screen is going the way of the dodos, and will be replaced with something more useful. Mostly just the "Usable" type items, and some currency information. Perhaps some other stuff.

My current plan is to have this done in December.

Anything else you'd like to see in the avatar editor? Make a good case and I might work it into the designs. :)
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 12:51 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Finally on the closets! That one has been long over due. Overall all those changes sound wonderful. I can't think of a single thing to suggest which is a good sign.

Old Posted 10-15-2016, 06:22 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #3  
May I ask if there are any pose-change items planned in the future? >>
Since it's related to avatars.
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Not specifically, but with the "Adam's" set, you can construct your own body, which includes leaving parts out. As such, not all unusual body shape items will cover the avatar.
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 08:18 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #5  
Ah, no.. I meant things like arm position and such.
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 08:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Ah. It'd be nice, of course, but the amount of work required to enable it is a bit much, so...no. No plans to do that.

To expand on why not some... There are currently a bit more than 20,000 items and more than 200,000 separate item poses/shades/whatever. To have different arm positions and the like, we'd have to go through them all, and, well. That's a lot of time and effort that we can't afford.
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 08:25 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #7  
Aaaah. Right. That makes sense. -Is a derp- I'm sorry I didn't think of that before I asked. <_>;
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 08:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Nah, it's fine. :) Nothing wrong with asking about stuff!
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 08:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #9  
we do however occasionally release items with alternate arm and leg poses. I've only done a couple myself but I know there are a few others from other times.

Old Posted 10-15-2016, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Indeed. :D Individual items can have all kinds of craziness.
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 09:38 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #11  
I have several items in my pile right now that alters the position of the body, actually.

For example, I have a set of sitting positions that will be seeing release once the proper tools for it are finished. These include bare legs, legs wearing shorts, legs wearing a long skirt, and legs wearing a short skirt. All of these options will be available with 3-5 different clothing colors, and skin coming in all possible colors.

Myself and Glitch are both very large fans of bodymods, so all users should expect to see a lot of new options opening up to them in the future. We'll never alter the base so every item works with every mod, but we hope that as our collection of mods grows, you'll find it easier and easier over time to put things together that look like they were meant to layer that nicely.

Old Posted 10-15-2016, 10:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I Ann also a fan of body mod items, so I certainly will do my best to support them. :D
Old Posted 10-15-2016, 11:04 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #13  
That sounds rather intriguing, and you have my support too!
Old Posted 10-16-2016, 10:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
The closet sounds awesome, as does the new inventory stuff. :D

I, too, hope to get my hand on future body mod items ~_~ The only one I currently have is the one top from the masquerade event, where you are holding a stick up to your face :D
Old Posted 10-17-2016, 03:02 AM Reply With Quote