Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Black Mistress of Purple
Default My Father, My Hero   #1  
I'm not entirely sure if you guys will allow this post, so if not, I'll understand if it gets removed.

My family has been going through a most difficult time right now (part of the reason for most of my absences). He had been fighting various health issues/diseases since 2007. This year has turned for the worst. If you guys can help me spread the word around, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've created a page just for him if you guys would like to read his story in depth.

https://www.facebook.com/RichardsCause

I love my father very much and I miss him! It's been awhile since I've seen him and I'd love to be able to go see him again.
I really believe that he will pull through all that he's endured this past 3 weeks and although things are looking bad, he still has his good days for which I am so thankful for.

My father is my hero and I know that he just has to pull through!
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Last edited by Obsidian; 10-01-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old Posted 09-30-2014, 07:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
I've liked the facebook page in support of him. I'm wishing your father the best. *hug*
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 09-30-2014, 07:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #3  
Thank you. I've also attempted to do this on Zantarni too but they deleted my post without even telling me. I'm hoping Trisphee is different because I honestly don't see an issue with sharing a Facebook page on forums, asking for shares.

Edit
And now they deleted my g'bye post. -_-
My DeviantART
Last edited by Obsidian; 09-30-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old Posted 09-30-2014, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Wow, did they really? I'm... not as surprised as I should be, actually... They've been weird about things for a while.

Old Posted 10-01-2014, 06:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
Wow, did they really? I'm... not as surprised as I should be, actually... They've been weird about things for a while.
Yeah, not sure why Blazestorm is doing that. Everytime I try to post that I was leaving, she kept deleting it. Even when I tried to post it in my profile. So, after like the 3rd-4th time they deleted my post, I finally posted "Fine, that's alright, I posted my g'bye on Facebook. Try to delete that. :) ".
And this time, I didn't give Zantarni a good review.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 10-01-2014, 01:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I can UNDERSTAND it, from a certain point of view. I don't AGREE with it, of course. But I do see how someone might think it's a good idea.

Sharing a Facebook link that asks for donations could be considered advertising. Advertising is against Trisphee rules, too, but considering that the purpose of the thread isn't about trying to attract business, we're not going to be heartless about it.

Meanwhile, goodbye posts can prompt several different kinds of moderator reactions. One is that it's pointless content -- why create a thread if you're not going to be around to respond to it? Another is that it's an invitation for drama -- if you're posting about it, you "obviously" want to passive-aggressively stir up other users about the reason for leaving, otherwise why post? Another is that a collection of "goodbye" threads looks like users are abandoning ship -- and the moderators want to maintain the appearance of a healthy community that isn't losing users.

The first one is definitely not going to be a reason for moderation here on Trisphee, and neither is the third one.

The second one? Well, that might get a reaction here, depending on the content -- if you're leaving because real-life problems are keeping you from being online, of course we won't take that down. If, on the other hand, your going-away post *does* look like it's designed to stir up trouble, we'll evaluate it according to the rules (no harassment, no name-dropping, no excessive vulgarity, no spam, no advertising (tip: telling people "come to <competitor's site>" is probably a bad idea), no off-siting, and we take a dim view of people saying "you should leave Trisphee too" even though that's not strictly against the rules). But we're compassionate folk here, and we prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt if you're not TRYING to cause trouble.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-01-2014, 01:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #7  
Thank you for that, Coda. And that's completely understandable. I just didn't see a problem with me leaving because I had IRL issues. Several other people had bye posts but apparently I wasn't allowed mine. My post was not malice in any way (until after they started deleting all my posts, heh).

I just don't have a whole lot of time for all the avatar sites I frequented and Zantarni had been going downhill for months now so they were the most logical choice to drop. I preferred to be on Trisphee (which I never said I was leaving to go to or anything, because I know that can be rude as hell to do). I did post it on Facebook that if anyone wanted to get a hold of me, I'd be on Trisphee.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 10-01-2014, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
You guys can go ahead and delete this. Thank you for allowing me a few days to spread the word! :)
My DeviantART
Old Posted 10-01-2014, 08:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
You know you don't HAVE to have it deleted. We don't mind leaving it here.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-01-2014, 09:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Awe, thanks! I just didn't want to seem like I was trying to take anyone.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 10-01-2014, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #11  
Sorry I've not posted for awhile.

October 20, 2014, my father took his last breath and passed on from this world. I was having a hard time talking to anyone for awhile and I'm still having difficulties right now. I'll be on and off a lot, but I'm not going to completely disappear.

I am offering specific artwork. Just send me a message with your offer and the avatar and I'll send you a headshot. Runes would be awesome but Aurum is also accepted.
Check out my DA for examples:
http://obsidiankaesken.deviantart.com/
My DeviantART
Old Posted 12-04-2014, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
(((HUGS Obsidian)))

I am so sorry for your loss. :(
Old Posted 12-08-2014, 10:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #13  
Aww im really sorry obsidian! D:

May god bless your father

-hugs-
Old Posted 12-08-2014, 11:54 AM Reply With Quote